Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

40 minutes ago, MattF said:

Hey eb'one, what's going on?

This whole pandemic just killed me and I put on a bit of the weight I lost, so I jumped back on the horse of exercise a few weeks ago.

Along with the treadmill every morning I'm now doing strength exercises 4 days a week using a Total Gym. Believe it or not, those things are not a gimmick when they're set high. I have it set at about 2/3 from the top and by the time I'm done with my last reps it's a struggle. I've noticed my back pain is less than it usually is, so it seems like there's some benefit there.

How's it been going with you?

I'll second the Total Gym comment, it's a real workout. I used it all last winter but regret putting it aside during the summer. Not sure what it did for my weight since I was primarily using it for strength training. 

Currently it's in Ohio, but I'm bringing it back to Florida when we go visit our new grandson.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

If anyone is interested my vegan thread is showing some very promising results. Of course that style diet is not for everyone but even a few days a week I think will give you some great results.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I’m still same weight but I won’t go to the gym during the C19 mess. I have been going to the pool (3 of them close by) that are heated but still outside and doing what I can there. The pool has been great for my ailing knees.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

21 hours ago, Rickp said:

I’m still same weight but I won’t go to the gym during the C19 mess. I have been going to the pool (3 of them close by) that are heated but still outside and doing what I can there. The pool has been great for my ailing knees.

I have been missing the pool at work and the gym in general 😭 will not be opening for a long time, most likely the last thing after cafeteria. Pool at lunch was a great getaway

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

I have been missing the pool at work and the gym in general will not be opening for a long time, most likely the last thing after cafeteria. Pool at lunch was a great getaway

My GP told me earlier this year to stay away from gym when it reopened. The pool has been great.

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:

My GP told me earlier this year to stay away from gym when it reopened. The pool has been great.

It’s tough for sure not going and having to make that decision because of course it’s riskier going there. My issue is the gym At work is free and 24/7, I am way to cheap to go pay for a membership 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

It’s tough for sure not going and having to make that decision because of course it’s riskier going there. My issue is the gym At work is free and 24/7, I am way to cheap to go pay for a membership

Our gym is free also a nice perk for being an Ole Fart

Rick

Left Hand, 

I’m enjoying this virtual PT program through work. It’s not much of a workout but it sure helps the recovery between workouts.

It took a week but I got the thanksgiving weight off. 167.6 this morning, that’s at my target.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Down 12 lbs since week before thanksgiving.....currently 208, want under 200 by years end.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Gained a bit too much weight during Covid, probably about 15 pounds. Some of it muscle, some of it not. Would like to drop at least 10 pounds.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

After talking with one of our friends who works at the Y, I went to the gym this morning after I dropped my son off at school. There were only 4 of us in the entire place, and all the equipment has been moved so there's anywhere from 10'-14' distance between machines. I was OK with that, so I hit the treadmill for 30 mins then did another 20 mins of light weights, seeing as I didn't touch anything but my bike for the last 9 months.

I'm at 200 exact, ideally I should be around 185 with my knee problems per my doc. We'll see how things go over the next few months of being stuck indoors.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

The Total Gym looks like it's the duck's guts. Chest has increased 2" and biceps .5". Waist and thighs no change...dammit.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

The Total Gym looks like it's the duck's guts. Chest has increased 2" and biceps .5". Waist and thighs no change...dammit.

Cant skip leg day!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Cant skip leg day!

Day 1 and 3 is upper body, day 2 and 4 is lower body so the legs aren't getting skipped. But, I think I may set it on a higher level for legs. FWIW, I've got calves like Ahnold, it's just the rest that looks like poo.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well I have lost the COVID 19 and then some since I hit the gym. Put my jeans on tonight and had to go two more notches to the good on the belt. Even fit into my boots a little better than usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

A few months ago I invested in a trainer for my outdoor bike at home, bought a set of TRX bands and waited until powerblock came back in stock. Building significant muscle mass through my back and deltoids. Happy with my results. Have dropped the weight in the scale but I know changes are occurring. Just waiting for powerblock to get some more weight in stock so I can expand my dumbbells up to 90lbs

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

started intermittent fasting yesterday. it is hard to go to noon without eating

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

15 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Interesting video on a study about intermittent fasting.

The most important thing about losing weight is to be in a caloric deficit and have high amount of protein.

For many other doesn’t take a large calorie deficit to start the weight loss. For some 200 calories below maintenance is enough to start the process others need a little more but one needs to know wha their maintenance is first then go from there.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

34 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Interesting video on a study about intermittent fasting.

The most important thing about losing weight is to be in a caloric deficit and have high amount of protein.

For many other doesn’t take a large calorie deficit to start the weight loss. For some 200 calories below maintenance is enough to start the process others need a little more but one needs to know wha their maintenance is first then go from there.

I am aware of the merits of intermittent fasting and that it is not magic in of itself. I was a former avid forum bro from the bodybuilding.com forum from the early 2000s until like 2014. I remember back when Martin Berkhan started first talking about intermittent fasting. 

The reason i like intermittent fasting is that it provides with a framework to reduce my food consumption (i.e. skip breakfast, don't eat late at night snacks) without me needing to go super overboard with calorie counting. At one point in my life, I lost almost 90 pounds. I have gained back some of it, but have kept a good portion of it off. These days, I am not interested in a super strict calorie counting diet and not trying to lose all that much weight, just trying to lose some of the Covid 19 pounds. I know that intermittent fasting will help because I will eat less in the 8 hour eating window than if i ate like I normally do. i am normally constantly eating lol.

Updated 07/15/2022

23 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I am aware of the merits of intermittent fasting and that it is not magic in of itself. I was a former avid forum bro from the bodybuilding.com forum from the early 2000s until like 2014. I remember back when Martin Berkhan started first talking about intermittent fasting. 

The reason i like intermittent fasting is that it provides with a framework to reduce my food consumption (i.e. skip breakfast, don't eat late at night snacks) without me needing to go super overboard with calorie counting. At one point in my life, I lost almost 90 pounds. I have gained back some of it, but have kept a good portion of it off. These days, I am not interested in a super strict calorie counting diet and not trying to lose all that much weight, just trying to lose some of the Covid 19 pounds. I know that intermittent fasting will help because I will eat less in the 8 hour eating window than if i ate like I normally do. i am normally constantly eating lol.

Cool. I’ve been counting macros for the last 5 years not always strict. Currently down about 8-9lbs over the last 12 weeks on roughly a 600 calorie deficit from where I started. I use a 3-4 week diet and 1-2 week break to go on maintenance. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

8 hours ago, dlow206 said:

For real!!! I need food!!!!!

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Cool. I’ve been counting macros for the last 5 years not always strict. Currently down about 8-9lbs over the last 12 weeks on roughly a 600 calorie deficit from where I started. I use a 3-4 week diet and 1-2 week break to go on maintenance. 

I mean you could try this thing Ron said called jogging been a round for a bit and requires no counting... seems a lot easier... heard the results can be good...

image.gif.5e21936f98c48f4ee7c86dd5fc8f90df.gifimage.gif.5e21936f98c48f4ee7c86dd5fc8f90df.gif

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

9 hours ago, Manimal26 said:

I mean you could try this thing Ron said called jogging been a round for a bit and requires no counting... seems a lot easier... heard the results can be good...

image.gif.5e21936f98c48f4ee7c86dd5fc8f90df.gifimage.gif.5e21936f98c48f4ee7c86dd5fc8f90df.gif

I love a good jog (I believe it's a soft j). 🏃like many here trying to lose a few pounds, but like @dlow206 after a large initial weight loss, originally lost 70 pounds. Have not tried the fasting but know some who have had great success with it. Hope it works for you too. With winter running is main exercise, and love the bit of buffer it gives and how many calories it can burn in a short time. Of course still need to eat right but the running helps.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped 2lbs this week after starting things slowly to get my body eased into working out again. Going with weight training 3x per week and cardio 2x per week, no more than 45 mins per session. I'm also paying a lot of attention to what I'm eating, and how much. It's kind of surprising how quickly I'm adapting to smaller portions, I'm finding myself wanting to eat what I used to and then almost overeating before catching myself.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

It's been up and down for me the past few weeks. Somehow, overnight, I gained 5 pounds. Seriously, I was xxx one morning and the next morning was 5 pounds more. Fortunately I've been getting it down.

Changed my schedule a bit and am now doing around 20,000 steps a day. 2.5 miles on the treadmill in the morning and when I get home in the afternoon, the rest is at work.

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 12/9/2020 at 8:30 AM, MattF said:

Have you tried the elevated sit-ups with it? It's brutal (especially when you set the bench at #4 or 5) but gets results. I wish we moved our Total Gym down here. 

I'm currently dealing with the Covid 10 (lbs.). Before Christmas we drove back to Ohio to see our Kids and new grandson, 2 days up driving with lots of snacks, 14 days of quarantine with nothing to do and then the 2 days back with snacks. Amazing how quickly the pounds add up and how tough they are to lose. My wife and I are now walking 2-3 miles a day plus I'm biking about 10 miles but only lost a couple of lbs. since we got back. Goal is to get back to 170. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Have you tried the elevated sit-ups with it? It's brutal (especially when you set the bench at #4 or 5) but gets results. I wish we moved our Total Gym down here.

No I haven't because with my back (degenerative disc) I'd likely do something bad to it.

In the bag:

Bag: 

6 hours ago, MattF said:

It's been up and down for me the past few weeks. Somehow, overnight, I gained 5 pounds. Seriously, I was xxx one morning and the next morning was 5 pounds more. Fortunately I've been getting it down.

Changed my schedule a bit and am now doing around 20,000 steps a day. 2.5 miles on the treadmill in the morning and when I get home in the afternoon, the rest is at work.

You didn’t gain 5lbs. A person can easily fluctuate several pounds from one day to the next based on sleep, stress, food they are, water intake, bowel movements and so on. It’s why the vast majority of top nutrition coaches say to weight yourself right after you wake up and use the bathroom and before you consume any food or liquids, then use the weekly average to determine your weight and track that each week. It doesn’t have to be at the exact same time everyday but just that it’s done consistently as soon as you wake up

edit: added the bolder part

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You didn’t gain 5lbs. A person can easily fluctuate several pounds from one day to the next based on sleep, stress, food they are, water intake, bowel movements and so on. It’s why the vast majority of top nutrition coaches say to weight yourself right after you wake up and use the bathroom and before you consume any food or liquids. It doesn’t have to be at the exact same time everyday but just that it’s done consistently as soon as you wake up

This. I definitely wake up the next day temporarily 5 pounds heavier after eating sushi.

Updated 07/15/2022

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

This. I definitely wake up the next day temporarily 5 pounds heavier after eating sushi.

A true 5lb gain someone would have eat roughly 17000 calories since 1lb is about 3500 calories