TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

20 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You didn’t gain 5lbs. A person can easily fluctuate several pounds from one day to the next based on sleep, stress, food they are, water intake, bowel movements and so on. It’s why the vast majority of top nutrition coaches say to weight yourself right after you wake up and use the bathroom and before you consume any food or liquids, then use the weekly average to determine your weight and track that each week. It doesn’t have to be at the exact same time everyday but just that it’s done consistently as soon as you wake up

edit: added the bolder part

It was weird. I weigh myself the same time every day. I get up at about 4.30am M-F, go to the dunny then get on the treadmill for 42 minutes (3.6mph = 2.5 miles) then I weigh myself...like clockwork. Last week, I think Tuesday, 213.6 then Wednesday 218.6...wtf? Took me a week and a half to get back down to the 213.6.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 minutes ago, MattF said:

It was weird. I weigh myself the same time every day. I get up at about 4.30am M-F, go to the dunny then get on the treadmill for 42 minutes (3.6mph = 2.5 miles) then I weigh myself...like clockwork. Last week, I think Tuesday, 213.6 then Wednesday 218.6...wtf? Took me a week and a half to get back down to the 213.6.

You should weigh yourself before you get on the treadmill.

Do you have your weekly avg for the last month?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

No I haven't because with my back (degenerative disc) I'd likely do something bad to it.

Ouch - definitely don't do it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

16 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You should weigh yourself before you get on the treadmill.

Do you have your weekly avg for the last month?

Why is that? No I don't. I probably should start keeping a track of that.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Why is that? No I don't. I probably should start keeping a track of that.

Tracking weekly avg is going to give you a good idea of what your weight is and if you are making progress towards a goal whether it be maintenance, weight loss or gain. 

From my understanding is that doing it after exercising adds in another variable. If you push harder one day than another it’s not weighing yourself under the same conditions each time, you make drink more water during one workout compared to another. Doing it right after going to the bathroom after waking up will be the most consistent way of getting as close to accurate as possible

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Back on the grind looking to drop 15 lbs over the next 2-3 months. Biking, walking, running, and lifting. Waiting on my last expansion set for my PowerBlock’s so they will be up to 90lbs, hitting the TRX bands. Signing up for a half marathon. I’ve run a 10 miler in the last and I think it’s just what I need to motivate me during the winter months when I’m not as active

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

18 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Back on the grind looking to drop 15 lbs over the next 2-3 months. Biking, walking, running, and lifting. Waiting on my last expansion set for my PowerBlock’s so they will be up to 90lbs, hitting the TRX bands. Signing up for a half marathon. I’ve run a 10 miler in the last and I think it’s just what I need to motivate me during the winter months when I’m not as active

Running in the winter is also my main exercise so I can still get out there. Half marathon sounds like a great goal.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 1/9/2021 at 9:47 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Tracking weekly avg is going to give you a good idea of what your weight is and if you are making progress towards a goal whether it be maintenance, weight loss or gain. 

From my understanding is that doing it after exercising adds in another variable. If you push harder one day than another it’s not weighing yourself under the same conditions each time, you make drink more water during one workout compared to another. Doing it right after going to the bathroom after waking up will be the most consistent way of getting as close to accurate as possible

Thank you. I'm nothing if not consistent. Same pace same time every day. But I'll weigh in before I hit the treadmill...I've already made a spreadsheet.

In the bag:

Bag: 

20 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

Running in the winter is also my main exercise so I can still get out there. Half marathon sounds like a great goal.

Wish I could run, I did the couch to 5k twice now and stayed running 3 miles 3 days a week, but my hips decided to throw a red flag.

In the bag:

Bag: 

5 minutes ago, MattF said:

Thank you. I'm nothing if not consistent. Same pace same time every day. But I'll weigh in before I hit the treadmill...I've already made a spreadsheet.

Cool. Feel free to ask any questions. I’m still learning about the nutrition side of training even though I’ve been tracking macros for the last 4ish years it’s usually been with a coach. 

Funny how this thread seems to resurrect itself right about this time of year

In all seriousness though

Goal for 2021 is to lose and retain the loss of 30 lbs. For me the weight loss isn't the major obstacle so much as keeping off the weight.

Last year I was on the Keto for about half the year. It was working ok. Weight loss was great but the side effects weren't the best. It could have been that I was over exaggerating the eating of meat though. My body's acidity was just way too high. I was having horrible muscle cramps all the time.

Additionally, I was diagnosed with painful diverticulitis about half way through the year and a big contributing factor is excessive eating of both red meat and cheese.. guilty and guilty.

Unfortunately for me, my mouth is a T-Rex, meat obliterating carnivore.. but my body is veggie loving turtle.

I wouldn't say that I'm doing any specific diet. No Keto, no veggie, no paleo, no carnivore. I'm simply cutting out refined sugars, reducing sugar in general by not over eating fruit and being smart about the fruit I do eat. I'll be eating about 75% veggies. Of those veggies, about half greens and the other half high fiber, lower carb like spaghetti or butternut squash, cauliflower, etc. My meat will unfortunately have to mostly eliminate the red stuff. That said I love me some seasoned grilled chicken, lean pork loin, and turkey.

I will be doing intermittent fasting.. if you even want to call it that. When I lived in Brazil, my body just got used to eating 1 large meal per day as it was just cultural. We had little to nothing in between large meals, just lots of water and natural fruit juice. I've just kind of always liked that idea. Eat when your body says so and if it says eat once or twice a day within a 6 hr window then that should be fine.

Healthy fats from avocados, coconut oil, avocado oil, olives, ghee butter, etc will be important. And to keep my mental state in check and to help

In addition to cutting out bad sugars and carbs, I'll be greatly reducing my soda intake and pushing myself to drink about a gallon of water/day.

Exercise

So as of last Monday, I was weighing in at 246. I'm almost 6' 3" and 41 yrs old so that's not horrendous.. but definitely needs to be better. Not the most I've weighed but definitely not my optimal weight for how I like to feel and move. That is however including a good holiday 15 that I got for Christmas. 1 week later I'm down to 235. It's amazing what just 1 week of clean eating can do.

Starting Monday, after spending the week eating clean and purging the holiday 15 (+/-), I'll be starting Tapout XT. Laugh if you want but it's actually a really good body weight, circuit training anaerobic program that I've had great results with in the past. It takes up about an hour each day and I can do at home. Looking past the hype of the Tapout brand name, it's just a series of classic movements that change up each week to keep the body guessing for 90 days. It's something that I can do in my living room after the kids go to bed.

So that's my plan. 30 lbs over the next 90 days with just clean sensible eating, anaerobic circuit training 5 days/week, golf course walking, and the occasional walk or run. The weight loss is only the beginning and probably the easiest part. Ultimately it's going to be about regaining muscle, flexibility, and keeping the muscle on and weight off through the year.

Sorry for the thread barf.. writing down goals helps with accountability and this is my confession and accountability record.

Now it's just time to get to work!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

7 hours ago, MattF said:

Wish I could run, I did the couch to 5k twice now and stayed running 3 miles 3 days a week, but my hips decided to throw a red flag.

Yea and with your back I wouldn’t recommend it. Sounds like you have a great plan going already!

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Still alive here! Kidding but kinda not. Spent the beginning of the week in the hospital for diabetic ketoacidosis. What fun, needless to say I needed to find this thread to remind myself what I have accomplished in the past. 
I did get a peloton bike so that will be my main form of exercise until it’s safe to return to the gym then I hope to be back at my 4-5 times a week working out and eating right. I wanna be off these meds come next Christmas

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

14 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Yea and with your back I wouldn’t recommend it. Sounds like you have a great plan going already!

Thanks Doc!

9 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Still alive here! Kidding but kinda not. Spent the beginning of the week in the hospital for diabetic ketoacidosis. What fun, needless to say I needed to find this thread to remind myself what I have accomplished in the past. 
I did get a peloton bike so that will be my main form of exercise until it’s safe to return to the gym then I hope to be back at my 4-5 times a week working out and eating right. I wanna be off these meds come next Christmas

I bet the new little one has kept you busy too.

In the bag:

Bag: 

I've always shied away from exercises that put strain on my knees, under doctor's orders. So things like squats and deadlifts have been things I've avoided, I know they're some of the best compound exercises out there but I'm always worried about blowing out my right knee again.

I started doing a dumbbell routine last month that started with low weights and I'm gradually increasing the reps before I up the weights. I have squats and deadlifts as part of the routine and so far, so good. Gradually easing in has been the way to go (and I make sure my knee brace is on as well).

So this weekend while watching my wife do one of her on demand workouts, I realized I've been doing deadlifts wrong. I watched some vids and practiced at home with tiny little weights before going to the gym. Let me tell you, holy COW my thighs are feeling it!!! I keep getting up to walk around and keep limber while I'm working LOL

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I've been pretty OK at maintaining weight for the past eight years since my wife and I switched to keto, but being at home during everything since last March was a little rough on the scale. I gained about 25 pounds from Dec. 2019 to Nov. 2020, some muscle from the power rack I got in the basement for Christmas 2019, but realistically probably 15 pounds of fat from just crappy eating and drinking. 

I decided to take my weight more seriously around Thanksgiving, drinking a lot fewer calories to start, and now actually calorie counting again for at least a little while. Happy to wake up this morning at 173.2, which is about 10 pounds down from where I started. Goal is to be in the 160-165 range, hopefully by the time courses open in April.

Love reading all of the comments in this thread!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Elsewhere on this fine forum, I've done some intermittent reviewing of Amazon's new fitness band. I'm still using it, and for me, it's made a huge difference in my daily fitness, especially in the winter (where I'm desk-bound and don't walk nearly as much as I do during golf season).

It's the little inducement of always having new "points" goals for more activity. The Halo awards points based on 1) heart rate and 2) active minutes: the more minutes you spend at a higher heart rate, the more points you get. For some of you, that might not work at all. But it's been just what I needed. I got my band in mid-November. My average numbers so far:

November: 9,862 steps per day; 276 points per week
December: 12,207 steps per day; 425 points per week
January: 14,000+ steps per day; ~670 points per week

I'm back to hitting my stationary bike 5 days a week and lifting 3 days a week. I'm not really looking to lose weight (I'm 5'10" and about 165lbs), but the weight I have is getting moved around in good ways.

Again, it's not for everyone, but I'd say especially if you're the type who feels compelled to finish one more level in a video game, getting some kind of fitness band might be a help.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Here's my Fitbit snapshot from the past week...yes, I'm lazy on the weekends.

1022643855_Fitbit01-12-21.png.0e3530c5e5f06d4fb456dee01c2b8670.png

In the bag:

Bag: 

17 hours ago, silver & black said:

I'm thinking since CV19 has taken over, there needs to be a weight gain thread. 😉

For real ! ..... I didn't wieght this much when I played rugby and was trying to be a bit chunkier. Ooooffff  !  Golf does not require extra padding unfortunetely LOL 

:wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree regular flex
:taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 stiff flex 
1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H
:cobra-small: 5i-SW Cobra Fmax ONE Length regular flex steel
:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 
:ping-small: 2021 Hoofer 

image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

Weighing in as suggested by @RickyBobby_PR daily. Dropped 4 pounds this week doing my normal thing.

In the bag:

Bag: 

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Weighing in as suggested by @RickyBobby_PR daily. Dropped 4 pounds this week doing my normal thing.

Congrats. 

My wife and I started intermittent fasting back in July, I lost 36 pounds in 4 months, then the holidays hit and the fasting kinda fell by the wayside....the only good news is I only gained 12 of the 36 back.....it’s time to get back on the IF wagon and see if I can drop another 30 lbs or so.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

As I was cleaning up the house today I realized I've gone a little hard on the literature around my golf game but I am proud that the Run Your Butt Off book is part of this collection.

All joking aside it's a great running program to take someone from no running at all to getting to wherever they can get to. PXL_20210121_132222061.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree regular flex
:taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 stiff flex 
1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H
:cobra-small: 5i-SW Cobra Fmax ONE Length regular flex steel
:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 
:ping-small: 2021 Hoofer 

image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

Got my annual next week so I'm going to chat with my doc about my diet to make sure I'm eating properly. I've been tracking my intake and based on what I've seen, my protein percentage seems to be on the lower side. Of course I'm diagnosing that from the FitBit app and Google 🙂 I'm definitely keeping an eye on portions which is helping but I want to make sure that I'm eating the right stuff, not just what I *think* is the right stuff. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

It's amazing what your weight does on a daily basis. xxx one day, 1lb lighter the next, back to xxx the next. I'm finding it fascinating.

In the bag:

Bag: 

5 minutes ago, MattF said:

It's amazing what your weight does on a daily basis. xxx one day, 1lb lighter the next, back to xxx the next. I'm finding it fascinating.

On my vegan thread I was weighing daily, it was pretty amazing to see. I know they say dont look at it daily because of that but I just wanted to see the day to day changes. I was seeing major drops every like 1 1/2 weeks. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

6 minutes ago, MattF said:

The body is a weird thing. This week I had 3 days in a row at the same bw and bf% then on day 4 it jumped a little over 1lb and .1% bf and today is day 2 at the same number. My meals are pretty consistent day in and day out. My first and 4th meal are the same every day with the 4th sometimes having more protein if I need to add some to reach my daily intake. Meals 2 rotates between two different prepped meals and meal 3 has 3-4 meals in the rotation. Meal 5 is pretty consistent with just tweaking what I eat based on remaining macros.

17 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

On my vegan thread I was weighing daily, it was pretty amazing to see. I know they say dont look at it daily because of that but I just wanted to see the day to day changes. I was seeing major drops every like 1 1/2 weeks. 

I think it varies on the person. Some people get anxious and stressed over the number on the scale so it’s recommended they not always use the scale to help relieve that.

On the other hand weighing oneself daily right after using the bathroom is how to best track weight. You use the weekly abg to see the level of progress. As for how much one should lose weekly depends on how much body fat one has and how much they want to lose. The safe range for those with some body fat is in the .6-1.2lb per week. Those with real high body fat can go higher but iirc 4lbs/week is what most experts recommend. Sometimes it make take 2 or more fat loss cycles for some to reach their goal just to avoid being in a deficit for too long on real low calories.