Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

19 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The body is a weird thing. This week I had 3 days in a row at the same bw and bf% then on day 4 it jumped a little over 1lb and .1% bf and today is day 2 at the same number. My meals are pretty consistent day in and day out. My first and 4th meal are the same every day with the 4th sometimes having more protein if I need to add some to reach my daily intake. Meals 2 rotates between two different prepped meals and meal 3 has 3-4 meals in the rotation. Meal 5 is pretty consistent with just tweaking what I eat based on remaining macros.

I can tell you that my breakfast is exactly the same 6 days a week. Lunch is the exactly the same 4 days a week. Monday I have a sandwich instead of a salad. Dinner is where it's different, could be fish or pork or chicken or lamb not too much beef. Weekends are very different in that I don't eat lunch and I usually do something "big" for Saturday because I have the time, like BBQ or in the winter, a stew that's been simmered for hours.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

28 minutes ago, MattF said:

I can tell you that my breakfast is exactly the same 6 days a week. Lunch is the exactly the same 4 days a week. Monday I have a sandwich instead of a salad. Dinner is where it's different, could be fish or pork or chicken or lamb not too much beef. Weekends are very different in that I don't eat lunch and I usually do something "big" for Saturday because I have the time, like BBQ or in the winter, a stew that's been simmered for hours.

I used to be that way. Dinner was where I would change my protein source and sometimes vegetable. I’ve been doing meal delivery service since last March or April so that’s where my flexibility comes in. On the weekends I’ll make changes especially during golf season

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Down 5 lbs. doing yoga 3-4 days a week with 5 days of exercise including cardio and weights. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped 3lbs in January which is OK by me. I'm not looking to bulk up or drop massive weight, just trying to stay active and healthy. When I work out in the morning, I just feel better all day, and the more I move, the better my back feels.

I've been going to the gym at the Y 3-4 mornings a week, but I've decided to stop and work out from home instead. The gym there is small, and half the machines are closed off. If there's 4-5 people there, it's not a problem to do a dumbbell workout and some cardio. But lately I haven't been able to get on a machine since they're all taken up, and there's more people there who aren't so great about maintaining distance or respecting cleaning/sanitizing policies. This close to getting my shots, I really don't want to risk anything. 

My wife is a Beachbody on Demand fan, she's been using it for a few years so this week I've started one of their programs in the morning. Warmup week is only 20 mins per day this week, then starting next week it's 30-40 mins 4 days per week. We already have weights and resistance bands so that end of things is ready to go. That'll work out well with my work schedule, and hopefully I can keep it up when I have to start going back to the office full time in April. By that point too I'll be able to get back to biking outside, so the combo of workouts + riding will be nice.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Good one @russtopherb!

I forgot to update my month. I lost 2.5 pounds in the 2.5 weeks of January that I tracked it. Still doing 20,000+ steps 5 days a week and 10,000+ on the weekends. It's starting to pay dividends.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I ate like a pig between Thanksgiving & New Years, I tend to this every year, and put on 16 lbs. Started back on a keto diet in January and am tracking my progress with weekly weigh-ins and a spread sheet. So far, so good. Honestly, I really don't care how much I weigh, but rather how loose/tight my pants are. I just know that around 174 is where my clothes fit the best and I feel more energetic. 2111885227_ScreenShot2021-02-02at10_09_55AM.png.5e409356965b86872ba08324b3d3f45e.png

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly or weakly update. Still going strong, although the other day I wasn't where I wanted to be with my step count for the day, so I ended up doing 4 miles when I got home. 1 hour 5 minutes at 3.8mph. I was a sweaty mess.

However on Monday I gained 2lbs overnight and it's taken me the whole week to get that off...dunno, but onward and upward.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Just finished my first full week of LIIFT 4 today. Makes me think I was doing my lifting at the gym completely wrong. There were a number of exercises where I had to drastically go down in weight to maintain the proper form they were showing. My biceps and legs are SORE. There was one set yesterday where I just had to go with bodyweight for the last reps because I was toast. Getting my butt kicked but it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to this roller coaster ride.  Got to start healthy choices again since I can't work out much at this point.  I should be able to do a bit more next week, but no cardio for a while until I am healed up from this achilles surgery.  

Going to get my diet in order in the time being so that I can hit the ground running (literally) when approved by doc to do so.   Roughly 225 right now with goal weight of 205 by June (ie Hilton Head Vacation).  Definitely doable with smarter choices.  Weight is just a figure to put out there.  Feeling better and looking leaner is more important than the number.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I too had a bit of a roller coaster ride last week. Up overall by 1lb...head scratching.

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 2/3/2021 at 7:47 AM, Headhammer said:

I ate like a pig between Thanksgiving & New Years, I tend to this every year, and put on 16 lbs. Started back on a keto diet in January and am tracking my progress with weekly weigh-ins and a spread sheet. So far, so good. Honestly, I really don't care how much I weigh, but rather how loose/tight my pants are. I just know that around 174 is where my clothes fit the best and I feel more energetic. 2111885227_ScreenShot2021-02-02at10_09_55AM.png.5e409356965b86872ba08324b3d3f45e.png

Those are pretty big drops - you should hit your 174 target well before week 12

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Those are pretty big drops - you should hit your 174 target well before week 12

Thanks, the last few pounds are always the most difficult to lose. Updated today. 1868473437_ScreenShot2021-02-22at5_13_37PM.png.c53340541fd3496e758f9ee206c47b29.png

Edited by Headhammer

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Weakly update. Down a bit from last week, so that's a good thing. However, I'm not going to make a mini weight goal before I go to Florida.

In the bag:

Bag: 

8 minutes ago, MattF said:

Weakly update. Down a bit from last week, so that's a good thing. However, I'm not going to make a mini weight goal before I go to Florida.

Progress is key. If weight loss was easy we wouldn’t have an obesity crisis. Keep plugging and stay the course. You will be better for it health wise and mentally in the long run

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Started my weight loss in sept using carbondietcoach app using diet breaks every 3-4 weeks for 1-2 weeks, then went without any over the last 2.5 months or so. Initially started the journey to do a body recomp so was going to drop around 15lbs then do a long slow build. But a few months in I signed up for my next powerlifting meeting so had to readjust approach to training and decided since I was closer to one weight class than another to continue to get to my initial goal weight and hangout there thru my meet.

Currently about 1.5lbs from the goal weight. Going to stay in a deficit til Monday the 8th then go into maintenance mode. Typically would start with a reverse but since my calories have only dropped about 600 from where I started I’m one with jumping right into maintenance til late July. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

• 1 month later...

Update. I maintained my weight during our vacation, so I'm pretty pleased with that. Back to the grind.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Going the slow and steady route ive finished my cut. I’m down 16 lbs since September. I restricted zero food categories including what many consider junk food or not clean eating. I used carbondietcoach app developed by Dr Layne Norton, his wife Holly Baxter and one of the team biolayne coaches. The app is a good tracker like MyFitnessPal but unlike that app it has a built in AI coach that does all the math and science for you each week to determine your calories/macros based on your compliance to the ones it calculated for you as well as your weekly average weight and if you have it body fat percentage. Since I wasn’t in a large deficit I’ve skipped the reverse diet phase and went straight to maintenance which was a 229 calorie jump over my last set of calories

For $9.99/mo or cheaper if you subscribe for a whole year it’s well worth the money. 

Ive done the paid coach for nutrition twice and based on the way the app works I doubt I’ll pay that $100-300/mo again for the nutritional aspect of my daily lifestyle. For those that want a more regimented approach of what and when to eat powerlifting and weightlifting friends and some bodybuilding style people I know recommend DP diet app which is also pretty cheap and I have friends with a discount code if anyone wants it

WIll be testing the Motocaddy M5 this summer and planning on walking my weekly rounds. Let's see what this does for my weight. Currently sitting at 180, heaviest I have ever been in my life. 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

14 hours ago, golfish! said:

Currently sitting at 180, heaviest I have ever been in my life. 

Bloody hell, that's my goal weight!

In the bag:

Bag: 

5 hours ago, MattF said:

Bloody hell, that's my goal weight!

I'm only 5'8" and I've been 135 right when I got out of Marine Corps boot camp! 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

Finished LIIFT4 on Friday, our scale is janky so I don't trust what it tells me but it looks like I've dropped at least 5lbs since starting the program. I can definitely see much more definition in my arms and shoulders, which is nice.

I'm taking a week off to let my body re-set and rest my shoulder & knee, then start back up next week using the weights I was using on Week 5 and build from there. 

18 hours ago, golfish! said:

I'm only 5'8" and I've been 135 right when I got out of Marine Corps boot camp! 

I'm also ONLY 5' 8". But apparently I have a large build. My Doc it the same height as me and I'm close to twice as broad across the shoulders as he is. He is fine with 180 for me.

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 3/30/2021 at 7:57 AM, MattF said:

Update. I maintained my weight during our vacation, so I'm pretty pleased with that. Back to the grind.

Good for you! I'm struggling right now - I was on a weekly downward track hitting 173 when we played at Ssddlebrook. Then I popped up to 179 without major bingeing - can't figure out why. This morning I'm back down to 176 and looking to hit 172 before we head back to Catawba at the end of the month. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

A few too many cheat meals this week that varied from the healthier eating habits that I'm trying to maintain.   Still not just going crazy, but need to get some discipline back.  I'm fine to have things here and there as I want to make a lifestyle change rather than just flipping a switch.

A few weeks from being able to doing much more from a workout front.  Walking more and more each week.  May even be able to golf in a few weeks I'm hoping.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Good for you! I'm struggling right now - I was on a weekly downward track hitting 173 when we played at Ssddlebrook. Then I popped up to 179 without major bingeing - can't figure out why. This morning I'm back down to 176 and looking to hit 172 before we head back to Catawba at the end of the month. 

Are you tracking your calories?

Do you weight yourself daily and then use the weekly avg to see if you have gained/lost/maintained weight?

50 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Are you tracking your calories?

Do you weight yourself daily and then use the weekly avg to see if you have gained/lost/maintained weight?

Not tracking calories - but eating the same size portions. I do generally weight myself everyday. I know you're not supposed to but can't resist getting on the scale. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

21 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Not tracking calories - but eating the same size portions. I do generally weight myself everyday. I know you're not supposed to but can't resist getting on the scale. 

Not getting on the scale everyday is really only recommended for those who get anxious about seeing their weight on the scale. For everyone else weighing in everyday and using weekly average is going to be the best way to track. Weight can fluctuate daily for numerous factors like stress, sleep, water intake, sodium, exercise or lack of and so on.

The intuitive eating is a good way to approach to eating without the stress of counting/weighing everything. I know several nutrition coaches who use this method and with daily weigh ins its possible to see if you guesstimates are good enough for whatever ones goal is

• 2 weeks later...

End of February it dawned on me I need to do something. I was watching the Tyson v Bruno doc and realised I was heavier than Frank Bruno was for the fight. I am 6'1" and was weighing 16 stone 10, which is about 236 lbs. I started using meal replacement shakes from The Protein Works. I have one in the morning, one for lunch and then eat sensibly for dinner during the week, at the weekend I have tended to have what I want for dinner. 

So far I am down to 200 pounds, my goal is to get to 196 which is about 14 stone in the UK. I have lost this weight with limited exercise due to the lockdowns closing the gyms and stopping sport

:callaway-small:, Driver, Mavrik Max 10.5*, Aldila rouge white 60, XS flex

:mizuno-small:, 3 Wood, MX-700, S flex

:callaway-small:, 4 Hybrid, Mavrik Max, S flex

:Sub70: , 5-PW 699 Pro, KBS Tour S flex

:titelist-small:, Wedges, Vokey, 52*, 56*, 60*

:odyssey-small:, Putter, Stroke Lab Black #7

:titleist-small:, Pro V1

To help with my own weight loss I've gone back to what we learned in health class at a young age. Each meal should have a fruit vegetable meat and "carb". I limit myself to one plate of food for dinner also. All of this has helped a lot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm up and down but small decreases every week. I'd like larger losses but I'll take the small ones all the same.

In the bag:

Bag: