TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

Perseverance and determination was the key to me losing 50 pounds in 18 months by going keto. I didn't follow any particular "diet", just cut out carbs as much as possible and I'm healthier now then I was 10 years ago.

Wishon 730CL, Driver thru SW
Odyssey stroke lab CS mallet putter.
"World's most forgiving set for old farts"

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

Just happened across this thread and thought I would share my Journey so far this year. I'm 5'6" and on Jan 10th got on a scale for the first time in a couple years...210 lbs. Reminder I'm 5'6" and don't have broad shoulders like some of you 5'8" guys 😉 ...

Decided it was time to diet. I love food and Whiskey too much to cut out anything in particular so I went with the basic Calorie Deficit approach (eat whatever I want, but only x amount of it). I downloaded the MyNetDiary App to track calories and started counting. I really didn't add any additional exercise in beyond my Life stuff (occasional short hike with friends, or a little golf) so all weight loss is strictly from the food intake reduction. My original goal was to be down at 170 lbs by Sept (we have a trip to FL planned that I wouldn't mind being in better shape for) so the app said I could eat around 2100 calories a day to hit this goal.

Being me and doing 1 thing at a time way to aggressively (one day it's collecting Fountain Pens, Then building up a stores worth of Bourbon to drink alone (in a good way), and now My Diet) I actually aim to hit closer to 1,400 cal a day. As such I have seen my weight drop from 210 down to 179.8 from 1/12 to 4/13 this year. The graph below shows the goal trajectory (Dashed blue line)  vrs my actual results so far (Green solid line). 

Since I have done so well so far My new goal is to get down to 160. 

For anybody wondering what mainly eat:

Breakfast: I have 2 main breakfasts that I alternate between 

Option A: 2 pcs of toast (it is 45cal per slice), 1.5 pcs of thin bacon (68 cal), and 1 fried egg (60 cal) all combined into a sandwich served along with some coffee (black so basically zero cal). = 227 cal 

Option B: Smoothie using a Bananna ~100, an Apple ~95, PB2 Peanut Butter Powder ~50, Almond Milk ~30 = 275 cal

(I still drink the coffee once I drink this)

For lunch I typically eat a portioned amount of what I had for dinner the night before. 

For dinner I am lucky enough to have a wife that cooks so she makes all sorts of tasty items. Examples go from Foil Ship packets that have shrimp, lemon, Garlic, spices and edamame  or home made soups that are Tomato, chicken, and spinach based. The last soup she made had a combined 800 cal in the pot. It served me 2 bowls at dinner, and 1 the next day for lunch as well as Her and my son. If we average that out it was only 160 cal per bowl and busting with flavor. (Photo below of this soup). Basically we try and eat a lot of Chicken, Fish, or shrimp dishes as they can be made to be so good without adding a lot of calories. 

IMG_1220.PNG

IMG_6901.jpg

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

I need to get going. Wedding is coming up on 9/11. Need to get from 215 back down to around/under 200. Lets do this fellas

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Weakly update which is not so weekly. 212.2 this morning...still working on it. At this stage I'll be happy to get to 200 instead of 180.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

23 minutes ago, MattF said:

Weakly update which is not so weekly. 212.2 this morning...still working on it. At this stage I'll be happy to get to 200 instead of 180.

Let’s get to the goal of 180.

Remind me again are you tracking your caloric intake whether it’s total calories or macros?

If so what are the calories/day or your macro breakdown?

How long have you been in the caloric deficit and at the current calories/macros?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Let’s get to the goal of 180.

Remind me again are you tracking your caloric intake whether it’s total calories or macros?

If so what are the calories/day or your macro breakdown?

How long have you been in the caloric deficit and at the current calories/macros?

Total calories.
Goal per MFP is 1,500 but I'm averaging around 1,700. Deficit is usually between 500 and 1,000 depending on how much I walk during the day.
Don't know.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 minute ago, MattF said:

Total calories.
Goal per MFP is 1,500 but I'm averaging around 1,700. Deficit is usually between 500 and 1,000 depending on how much I walk during the day.
Don't know.

I’m not an expert nor a certified nutritionist/dietician but based on the knowledge I have from reading books and getting information from coaches over the last 5 years or so these are my thoughts.

If you aren’t seeing weight drop weekly then you probably need to get your daily calories down to around 1600 as your body has adapted to the 1700ish calories. Overall 1500 -1700 calories are pretty low. 

Have you been trying to lose weight for 6+ months? If so doing a week of eating at about 20% higher calories to give your body a break and kick start the weight loss again. Also make sure your protein intake is high. Should be 1-1.2x bodyweight. 

Something else I learned is that for some people it make take 2+ cycles of weight loss followed by a reverse diet and maintenance then back to a fat loss cycle to reach their goal.

I am a huge fan of carbondietcoach app and have friends that use rp diet for their nutritional goals of losing, gaining or maintaining weight. It take all of the guess work out of it let’s a program or in the case of carbon AI do all the work. For $9.99 a month or $100 for the year carbondietcoach is wort the price. I’ve been using js since last summer to maintain weight then last September stated a fat loss phase that I finished up with a couple weeks ago. I was in about a 600 calorie deficit from maintenance calories the whole time. I dropped down to roughly a 700 calorie deficit for a short period and then gat bumped up because I lost too much in a single week. The lowest I got in calories was 1734, most of my time was spent at 1931 calories 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Noting here since I am testing the Motocaddy for MGS. Current weight 184. 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I’m not an expert nor a certified nutritionist/dietician but based on the knowledge I have from reading books and getting information from coaches over the last 5 years or so these are my thoughts.

If you aren’t seeing weight drop weekly then you probably need to get your daily calories down to around 1600 as your body has adapted to the 1700ish calories. Overall 1500 -1700 calories are pretty low. 

Have you been trying to lose weight for 6+ months? If so doing a week of eating at about 20% higher calories to give your body a break and kick start the weight loss again. Also make sure your protein intake is high. Should be 1-1.2x bodyweight. 

Something else I learned is that for some people it make take 2+ cycles of weight loss followed by a reverse diet and maintenance then back to a fat loss cycle to reach their goal.

I am a huge fan of carbondietcoach app and have friends that use rp diet for their nutritional goals of losing, gaining or maintaining weight. It take all of the guess work out of it let’s a program or in the case of carbon AI do all the work. For $9.99 a month or $100 for the year carbondietcoach is wort the price. I’ve been using js since last summer to maintain weight then last September stated a fat loss phase that I finished up with a couple weeks ago. I was in about a 600 calorie deficit from maintenance calories the whole time. I dropped down to roughly a 700 calorie deficit for a short period and then gat bumped up because I lost too much in a single week. The lowest I got in calories was 1734, most of my time was spent at 1931 calories 

I'm 50 and have been up and down with the weight for years...as you can see from when I first posted this thread. I might just give the strict eating a break for a couple of weeks and reset.

In the bag:

Bag: 

I thought I had posted this, but I obviously did not! I'm officially down 100 pounds in the last year. It's been a journey and it's actually been FUN! I feel better, sleep better, and losing weight is just a byproduct of everything I've been doing. I am not moving more into maintenance mode once I get down another 5 or so and then building some more muscle. 

:titleist-small: TS3 9° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:srixon-small: ZX 2 iron

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54°, 60° Full Face

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:ping-small: Hoofer

:918457628_PrecisionPro:R1 Rangefinder

I had gotten a little 'fluffy' for my taste, so in January I decided to do something about it.  Dropped 15lbs in 3 months and reached my goal.  Basics:

1) Set calories at a deficit and STICKTO IT!!  Make mini daily goals.

2) Weight lifting 3 days per week with 15mins rowing; on non-lifting days 30mins of rowing

3) STICK TO IT NO MATTER WHAT!

4) Adjust calories down slightly as fat loss starts to slow.

5) Maintenance; slowly allow calories to rise to maintenance level; stick with exercise (because it's good for you). 

It helps that all my exercise equipment is in my garage, my wife spent time as a certified personal trainer, and I taught health and kinesiology during grad school.  

But the moral of the story is weight creeps up on all of us if we don't watch it.  But we can do something about it.  The hardest part is sticking with the plan. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

I’m at the same weight to starting my weight loss journey. I don’t feel any heavier, I certainly feel fitter but I know it’s not all muscle mass. It’s been hard with a pregnant wife wanting to eat everything and not picking at snacks or ice cream with her. I know I just need to keep the path and stay the course with my dieting. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Not so weakly update. I'm some more, slow and steady.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Finally went to the doctor Feb. 9th. Was many years overdue. And I was many pounds over-weight. 

I also got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes at this point.  I have a 3 and 5 year old and THIS really lit a fire under me finally. I decided that day I was going to change everything. And change I did.

My starting weight as of Feb 9th was 317 lbs. I think this may have been lower as I had cut out soft drinks about a month prior to this so who knows how high I really got it. But anyways....

As of this morning 5/6/2021 I weighed in at 268 lbs and continuing my downward trend. It has been all diet and yardwork at this point but I'm excited to start some outdoor workouts next week go to along with everything else. Current goal weight is 250 lbs and with a final target of 225 lbs for now. We'll see what the future holds on that level.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Weakly update, down another 1lb...I'm kinda getting good at this.

In the bag:

Bag: 

• 2 weeks later...

Weakly update. 209 even this morning, so I've lost 10 since January.

In the bag:

Bag: 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll join this thread. In February 2020, I peaked around 262lbs. Over the last year I have started eating better and working out regularly. I'm at ~225 now but have stalled a bit recently. I need to pay closer attention to portions again. My goal is to be 180-190. 

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

Weakly update. Last one (two weeks ago) my weekly average was actually 211. My weekly average as of this morning is now 209, so I'm trending in the right direction.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Hello, new guy to the forum here.  I didn't expect to see a weight loss thread but thought I'd share my story.  

I went to the Dr the end of January '21 just to get a referral for another procedure but since I hadn't been in since my physical 5 years prior they insisted on doing blood work, weight, etc.  I got my referral but I also got upsetting results from the blood work.  I was pre-diabetic, my liver and kidney tests both showed damage.  I was also 231 lbs and clinically obese (BMI > 30).  I'm 5' 11" so yeah, I was pretty fat.  I had to research the numbers to learn what they meant and then had a follow-up to go over the numbers with my doctor who agreed with my assessment.  I'm pretty sure the blood work numbers were the same 5 years ago, but they never said anything other than lose weight and exercise.  They've been telling their patients that for decades and guess what, it ain't working.  I always thought I was eating healthy and doing the right things.  So on Feb 2nd I decided to do a lot more research and figure out the best way for me to fix this mess.  That's when I stumbled on low carb.  At first I was just low carb'ish less than 100 grams of carbs a day.  I saw some immediate results so I ramped it up and started using our elliptical machine we've been dusting for years.  At first I could only do 15 minutes, but now do 40 minutes almost daily.  I decided to ramp it up further and go full Keto.  I keep my carbs under 50 grams per day and usually quite a bit lower.  I also implemented intermittent fasting with some longer fasts occasionally.  I don't snack and I don't cheat, which I think is a huge key.  When I fast, I do not get hungry because my body is eating fat all the time and I no longer have the carb cravings.  

The results?  I had a second blood test Mar 12th and I'm no longer pre-diabetic, my liver functions have returned to normal, my kidney's are a little better and as of today, (less than 4 months since starting), I'm officially no longer overweight!  I've lost 53.4 lbs with a BMI of 24.9.  I now weigh 177.6 lbs and am a lean mean golfing machine!  I still have some belly fat so I'll continue to work on that.  A lot of people can't maintain this diet for some reason.  There's a guy at work claiming he's doing Keto with no results.  I saw him walk by the other day to the lunch room with two frozen burritos on a plate.  He's also constantly snacking.  I don't think he gets it.  I don't have any problems with it and for me it's not a diet, it's a permanent lifestyle change.  My wife asked me when my diet was going to be over and I told her it was never going to be over.  She saw my initial results and decided to give it a try.  She is now down about 30 lbs and we feel great.  I used to avoid pictures of me like the plague (even before the plague) and now I no longer care.  If I could figure out how to post pictures here I'd show you before and after pics.  Last year me and the guys had a costume golf day and I went dressed as an older fatter Ricky Fowler.  I could barely fit into the orange size 38 pants I bought for the occasion.  Now I'm wearing size 34 and they are getting loose.

If you want to learn more about Keto plus intermittent fasting there are some doctors on YouTube that give great guidance.  Dr. Ken Berry, Dr. Eric Berg, and Dr. Jason Fung.  Just search for their names and you'll see tons of videos on a lot of related subject matter.

Good luck everyone and congratulations to all of you who have worked so hard to improve your health.

Ron

Callaway Epic Flash Driver, Ping G410 irons, worn out ball retriever.

Still going strong.  Working out nearly everyday, some days are more strenuous than others.  Trying to eat healthy, but not go so crazy that I can't maintain for long term. Hit 208 the other day and getting closer to my goal of 195.  Down to about 15% body fat as well.  I care more about how I feel and the body fat number than the actual number (weight), which i see as more of a guideline.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

At the suggestion of my sister-in-law, we recently got a Peloton (arrived end of March). I've been riding regularly and like it much more than I thought I would (and feel great getting the big sweats going). The downside is that I've gotten away from my regular weight-training. I need to get in a balanced routine of both. My goal over the next few weeks is to find that balance.

PXL_20210530_130921154.jpg

Garmin S10

Checking in. Down to 259. Keep on pushing!

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Hey everyone.  I'm a new "member" to the site, but have been reading the content for several years.  I recently decided to get back into a more active role in golf... meaning I started playing again.  (a few years removed due to family, work, relocation, covid... you name the excuse, I probably could check that box).  When I last played with any regularity, I was a 9 handicap... when I was playing my most competitive golf, I was a 5 - and weight between 275 and 325 on my 5'10 frame - and in my late 30's to mid-40's.  I am now 51 and 170, losing my weight about a year ago through calorie maintenance mostly.  While I still struggle with weight creep on occasion, I have kept the weight off.

Now on to golf.  As I mentioned, I wanted to get back to the game I grew up to love and sorely missed, now that I am more settled in all the excuse categories.  Of course, moving from the Pacific NW to the Gulf South has it's own set of challenges for any outdoor activities, but here I am and ready to go.  

Now to the topic of the thread and then some.  As other's have noted in similar threads and possibly in this one (though I haven't read all 104 pages - yet...), my swing feels like I have never swung a club before.  The sweet feeling of crisping irons and worse, the distance I had come to expect - is no where to be found.  My driver is no different.  I feel like my club is merely glancing the ball through my swing with the ball flight and distance as proof, rather than solid and meaningful impact.  Now, this sounds like complaining - and I guess it is it a certain extent - but this is a problem I will gladly have in exchange for my health.  I am not sure if it is my weight loss, or my age that is the culprit of my negative results - most likely some of both.  Frustrating?  Yes.  Will I find my happy spot playing golf again even if the distance and consistency doesn't return?  Most definitely... it is a game of a lifetime for me.  I'm just trying to maximize the knowledge on this site to help me enjoy it as much as possible, and dialing in a shot - splitting the fairway with a drive, or sticking the green is part of that... I am just hoping I don't have to club-up 3 clubs to do that!  Just as a reference point, when I was last playing regularly - I comfortably hitting a 7 iron 165 - smooth.  After a month on the range and course - I am lucky to get 135.  I have a feeling I will groove my swing with more work and probably land somewhere between the two numbers above - but I am thinking I will probably have to re-learn everything I self taught myself about my own golf swing.  Never had a lesson, but now may be the time to seek help on this task.

Congratulations to everyone on the weight loss journey, and all your successes.  As I said, I would trade my golf game for my health (and may have based on my recent findings;) ).  It is sure nice to finish a round of golf and come home with enough energy to engage in the rest of my day - it used to shoot my whole day!  Keep up the good work everyone - and thanks for this forum thread as a support system for us all. 

Tim.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Whenever I come home saying I'm not playing to what I think I should, my wife says to 1. have fun, and 2. maybe if you got to a healthier weight. This isn't to be mean. I say it all the time, and hadn't been doing anything about it. About 40 lbs from my goal. We'll see how the game improves through the process. 190 will feel better than 231.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

Thought I'd throw this in here. My goal hasn't strictly been weight loss, because I wasn't terribly heavy to begin with. But I needed to get in better shape. I'm 41 (42 next month) and my youngest child just turned 10 months old. I need to be active and mobile for a long time yet.

Here's my progress from last November (when I bought an Amazon Halo to track fitness, including its built-in body fat scan) until this morning:

progress.jpg

You can see from the measurements that I'm down 11lbs. But better, I'm up about 6lbs of lean mass and down 17lbs of fat. I've nearly dropped 10 points of body fat percentage, and I'm getting close to my goal of sub-15% body fat.

For me, it was a matter of starting small: doing something rather than nothing. I'm very sedentary during the week; I've told lots of people that sermon preparation doesn't burn many calories. So having a fitness band (I've since switched to a FitBit) that prods me to get up and walk every hour has been huge. I now do a lot of my reading while walking up and down the steps of the church.

I also have gotten into a steady routine using my weight machine in the basement. Nothing specialized: I just do the workouts on the poster than came with the machine three days a week, keeping track of my reps. When I can comfortably do 2 sets of 8 at a setting, I make a note to move up to the next weight the next time.

So here's a testimony for slow, incremental change.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Thought I'd throw this in here. My goal hasn't strictly been weight loss, because I wasn't terribly heavy to begin with. But I needed to get in better shape. I'm 41 (42 next month) and my youngest child just turned 10 months old. I need to be active and mobile for a long time yet.

Here's my progress from last November (when I bought an Amazon Halo to track fitness, including its built-in body fat scan) until this morning:

progress.jpg

You can see from the measurements that I'm down 11lbs. But better, I'm up about 6lbs of lean mass and down 17lbs of fat. I've nearly dropped 10 points of body fat percentage, and I'm getting close to my goal of sub-15% body fat.

For me, it was a matter of starting small: doing something rather than nothing. I'm very sedentary during the week; I've told lots of people that sermon preparation doesn't burn many calories. So having a fitness band (I've since switched to a FitBit) that prods me to get up and walk every hour has been huge. I now do a lot of my reading while walking up and down the steps of the church.

I also have gotten into a steady routine using my weight machine in the basement. Nothing specialized: I just do the workouts on the poster than came with the machine three days a week, keeping track of my reps. When I can comfortably do 2 sets of 8 at a setting, I make a note to move up to the next weight the next time.

So here's a testimony for slow, incremental change.

Awesome work! Steady long-term habitual change/routines is is the only thing that ever seems to work for me.

Garmin S10

So I haven't weighed myself in a bit in part because of haven't been as strict with my eating--inconsistency bad, I know--but I have continued to exercise daily and my blood pressure this week, while not terrible before, was the best its been in a while! Now back to protein and veggies with a bit of fruit here and there...

Garmin S10

Weakly update. It's been a strange week. Last week my average was 207.9 and this week it's been 208.8 every day except this morning when it was 207 even. It pushed my weekly average up but I was happy to see it had gone down almost 2 lbs.

In the bag:

Bag: 

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks and they've been successful. Weigh in this morning was 205.8. So I've lost 14lbs in 6 months. It may not seem like a lot but I'm in this for the lifestyle change and not just a quick drop.

In the bag:

Bag: