• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 6/1/2021 at 3:36 PM, JeremyD said:

Whenever I come home saying I'm not playing to what I think I should, my wife says to 1. have fun, and 2. maybe if you got to a healthier weight. This isn't to be mean. I say it all the time, and hadn't been doing anything about it. About 40 lbs from my goal. We'll see how the game improves through the process. 190 will feel better than 231.

As of right now, down to 220. Good drop in a month. Been a rough week, food wise, but working to get back on track with vacation in 9 days.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

I’m down 31 lbs since the beginning of the year using intermittent fasting 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't posted in this thread yet, but we got a Peloton on Feb 25th.  Just before I hit my all time high of 231 and change on the scale.  Covid wasn't friendly and I ate way to much over the holidays.  From the day we got the bike I did 100 days in a row of biking and just felt better.  The goal wasn't to lose weight, I didn't change any diet stuff, just wanted to be doing something.

Now we are at the start of August and I have missed some days of working out, but never more than 2 in a row aside from the one vacation and I'm down 20+ lbs even on a bad day and closing on 25.  I've switched from doing all rides to working in some strength training too.  I feel better than ever (in the past 15yrs) and also playing the best golf.

Gotta say the goal is still not to lose weight, but it's a nice plus.  I just want to feel good again and I'm amazed how much the Peloton instructors have helped to keep me interested in working out.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

It's been a minute since I posted an update. Closing in on a mini goal of 200lbs. Hopefully I'll get to just under that by the time my wife and I head to Florida mid-September.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Im a chronic dieter / fat kid… have always gone on diets for a couple weeks and then slowly fallen off of them… hoping to build better habits this time around.

mostly, my goal is to stay busy during the day, as when I’m idle, I eat.

tracking calories in my fitness pal, working out with fit for golf… and just trying to stay active during the day… we will see how this one goes.

i hit 40 next month, and I’d like to spent my 40s in better shape than I did my 30s… I’ve completely eliminated alcohol, so that should help!

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

2 hours ago, myherobobhope said:

I’ve completely eliminated alcohol, so that should help!

It will help but you don't have to eliminate it. Moderation is the key and it has to be included in your calorie count. I'm a homebrewer and regularly have a few beers on Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays and I have been able to maintain my weight loss. But, whatever works for you is the way to go.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 hours ago, MattF said:

It will help but you don't have to eliminate it. Moderation is the key and it has to be included in your calorie count. I'm a homebrewer and regularly have a few beers on Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays and I have been able to maintain my weight loss. But, whatever works for you is the way to go.

I stopped drinking about 18 months ago due to a number of factors... It's not necessary to stop drinking for weight loss, but it sure does help... 

Sub70 5i - DG S400

• 4 weeks later...

As of yesterday i'm officially down 70 lbs since Feb 2nd 2021 (only 7 months).  Keto + Intermittent fasting + exercise is the magic bullet for me.  I'm still losing weight even though I'm not trying.  I want to gain some muscle at this point and stay healthy.  I'm at 18% body fat according to a DXA scan I had earlier this month,  BMI = 22.  My pre-diabetes is reversed (hbA1c = 5.2), my liver function is back to normal, and my kidney function is almost back to normal.  My tina is gone, my skin tags are gone, my snoring is almost gone, my joints no longer ache, and I am able to jog 3 miles without stopping.  Completely changed my life.  I suggest checking it out.

Callaway Epic Flash Driver, Ping G410 irons, worn out ball retriever.

I'm hovering just above my mini goal for some reason. Looks like I have to change it up again to confuse my body...works for me.

In the bag:

Bag: 

8 hours ago, VetteRon said:

Keto + Intermittent fasting + exercise is the magic bullet for me. 

Awesome results Ron!  So what intermittent fasting schedule do you use?

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 8/5/2021 at 8:23 AM, myherobobhope said:

Im a chronic dieter / fat kid… have always gone on diets for a couple weeks and then slowly fallen off of them… hoping to build better habits this time around.

mostly, my goal is to stay busy during the day, as when I’m idle, I eat.

tracking calories in my fitness pal, working out with fit for golf… and just trying to stay active during the day… we will see how this one goes.

i hit 40 next month, and I’d like to spent my 40s in better shape than I did my 30s… I’ve completely eliminated alcohol, so that should help!

My story was very similar, but I have about 10 years on you.  3 years ago, I told myself that I wanted to lose 50 lbs by my 50th (about 10 months away at the time).  Same story growing up... snowballing weight gain from my youth - even though I was very active in sports through high school.  Then marriage and kids... and I was out of control weight wise. 

Anyway, I used MyFitnessPal to track my daily caloric intake and met my original goal, and said... ok, 50 more by 50, then 50 more by 50.  Unfortunately, I focused mostly on caloric reduction and lost muscle... so now I'm in the process of being more active and doing weight training to build strength and muscle back.  Getting back into golf this year has helped me be more active, and due to my body mass change, and muscle loss... I've had to essentially re-learn the swing... but it has been a good and challenging journey.  

Best of luck to your quest to enjoy your 40's in a different way than you did your 30's.  

Now... about that 6 handicap.... and the inference in the profile pic... that is what I want to learn about!!!  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

9 hours ago, VetteRon said:

As of yesterday i'm officially down 70 lbs since Feb 2nd 2021 (only 7 months).  Keto + Intermittent fasting + exercise is the magic bullet for me.  I'm still losing weight even though I'm not trying.  I want to gain some muscle at this point and stay healthy.  I'm at 18% body fat according to a DXA scan I had earlier this month,  BMI = 22.  My pre-diabetes is reversed (hbA1c = 5.2), my liver function is back to normal, and my kidney function is almost back to normal.  My tina is gone, my skin tags are gone, my snoring is almost gone, my joints no longer ache, and I am able to jog 3 miles without stopping.  Completely changed my life.  I suggest checking it out.

You will need to slowly add calories back to get to maintenance then hold there for awhile then do a 200 calorie surplus over maintenance.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

My story was very similar, but I have about 10 years on you.  3 years ago, I told myself that I wanted to lose 50 lbs by my 50th (about 10 months away at the time).  Same story growing up... snowballing weight gain from my youth - even though I was very active in sports through high school.  Then marriage and kids... and I was out of control weight wise. 

Anyway, I used MyFitnessPal to track my daily caloric intake and met my original goal, and said... ok, 50 more by 50, then 50 more by 50.  Unfortunately, I focused mostly on caloric reduction and lost muscle... so now I'm in the process of being more active and doing weight training to build strength and muscle back.  Getting back into golf this year has helped me be more active, and due to my body mass change, and muscle loss... I've had to essentially re-learn the swing... but it has been a good and challenging journey.  

Best of luck to your quest to enjoy your 40's in a different way than you did your 30's.  

Now... about that 6 handicap.... and the inference in the profile pic... that is what I want to learn about!!!  

I'm officially a 5 as of today... and down 10 lbs over the month... so doing well on both fronts...

I think there is a lot of overlap between diet strategy and golf strategy... set yourself up for success, don't let one bad decision derail you, and keep grinding... the second you give up, your score and your weight both blow up... it's all about staying focused, even if the past hasn't gone the way you want. 

On improving diet and golf, everyone is different and needs different things... some people just don't know anything about nutrition, and some just need better habits to build self control... i do well when there isn't much junk in the house... buying a new grill and experimenting with smoked meats hasn't been great for my diet, but it's mostly dinner, so I can make up for it by eating less during the day... Caloric reduction is the ONLY way to succeed...

Golf Fitness stuff has been fun too! 

Sub70 5i - DG S400

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks!  I just found this thread.  I've just started playing golf and was really struggling at the driving range.  Seemed like I just couldn't move like I needed to.  In March, the wife and I started logging food and exercise in MyFitnessPal.  We are both down over 50 lbs each.  My swing has gotten better since my belly is a smaller obstacle to swing around and I feel a ton better!  I've still got about 50 lbs to go, but it doesn't seem impossible anymore.

2021-09-20 15_19_44-Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal.com.png

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 3/F Baffler Rail F 15.5°

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

• 3 months later...

Thank you so much, this is incredibly helpful to me. The topic of weight loss has been very important to me since I was a child. I am prone to obesity and in school I was even influenced by bullying from my classmates about my being overweight. But a big problem in today's U.S. is obesity. At https://samploon.com/free-essays/obesity-in-america/ you can read more about this topic and how much it affects your health.

Edited by Marcus Evans

G'day Bruces! Update time...I'm gaining weight. I've put on 18lbs in the last 6 months and I have no idea how most of that happened.

However, some of it (the last 1.5 months) I've gain about 3lbs because I'm now going to the gym 3 days a week and picking up and putting down heavy crap. I joined Planet Fitness and use their 30 minutes full body workout area where I lift relatively heavy. My son comes as my guest because he finally realises he needs to trim down a bit too.

My question (particularly for @RickyBobby_PR) is how long will my weight go up in muscle gain before the fat loss starts. I'm eating the same as I have been, 1800-2000 calories a day but have now included more protein on lifting days.

In the bag:

Bag: 

8 minutes ago, MattF said:

G'day Bruces! Update time...I'm gaining weight. I've put on 18lbs in the last 6 months and I have no idea how most of that happened.

However, some of it (the last 1.5 months) I've gain about 3lbs because I'm now going to the gym 3 days a week and picking up and putting down heavy crap. I joined Planet Fitness and use their 30 minutes full body workout area where I lift relatively heavy. My son comes as my guest because he finally realises he needs to trim down a bit too.

My question (particularly for @RickyBobby_PR) is how long will my weight go up in muscle gain before the fat loss starts. I'm eating the same as I have been, 1800-2000 calories a day but have now included more protein on lifting days.

Three pounds is well within water weight tolerance, so nothing to worry too much about. Additionally, muscles can retain additional water following strength training as well.

As far as muscle weight goes, optimally novice trainees could expect 2-4 pounds of muscle gain per month, while longer term trainees might only see 1-2 pounds of muscle gain per month or even less depending on how long they have been training.

My recommendation is always to do measurements, or at the very least take pictures, for comparison. It's very likely that you will not see the scale move drastically in one direction or another if you are lifting heavy and eating well. My personal evidence for this is that I've been cycling right around 180-184 pounds since late September while strength training three times a week. I am seeing big changes in how my clothing fits and in the mirror, however.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

9 minutes ago, edingc said:

My personal evidence for this is that I've been cycling right around 180-184 pounds since late September while strength training three times a week. I am seeing big changes in how my clothing fits and in the mirror, however.

So true there are a number of different body compositions that can lead to the same weight, so as with anything there is more to it than that one number.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

43 minutes ago, MattF said:

27 minutes ago, edingc said:

Three pounds is well within water weight tolerance, so nothing to worry too much about. Additionally, muscles can retain additional water following strength training as well.

As far as muscle weight goes, optimally novice trainees could expect 2-4 pounds of muscle gain per month, while longer term trainees might only see 1-2 pounds of muscle gain per month or even less depending on how long they have been training.

My recommendation is always to do measurements, or at the very least take pictures, for comparison. It's very likely that you will not see the scale move drastically in one direction or another if you are lifting heavy and eating well. My personal evidence for this is that I've been cycling right around 180-184 pounds since late September while strength training three times a week. I am seeing big changes in how my clothing fits and in the mirror, however.

This guy hit on all of it. 

Also something to keep in mind. You may be able to lose some fat while building muscle. Usually the case for those who have a lot of weight to lose, but those of us on the thinner side not so much. One can also build muscle in a calorie maintenance but it will be a lot slower than someone who’s in a surplus.

As for protein you should be consuming 1lb per goal bodyweight every day. You can manipulate carbs and fat to eat more on training days and less on non training days but protein should be the same every day.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

6 hours ago, edingc said:

Thank you.

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

This guy hit on all of it. 

Also something to keep in mind. You may be able to lose some fat while building muscle. Usually the case for those who have a lot of weight to lose, but those of us on the thinner side not so much. One can also build muscle in a calorie maintenance but it will be a lot slower than someone who’s in a surplus.

As for protein you should be consuming 1lb per goal bodyweight every day. You can manipulate carbs and fat to eat more on training days and less on non training days but protein should be the same every day.

Thank you too. The goal for both of us is to lose fat while gaining muscle because I have about 30lbs to lose and he has close to 70.

I don't know that I could eat 180lbs of protein every day. Should that be grams or ounces?

In the bag:

Bag: 

8 minutes ago, MattF said:

Thank you.

Thank you too. The goal for both of us is to lose fat while gaining muscle because I have about 30lbs to lose and he has close to 70.

I don't know that I could eat 180lbs of protein every day. Should that be grams or ounces?

Sorry that should be grams. Fingers and brain not on same page

Tomorrow my wife and I are starting golf-specific flexibility and strength exercises first thing in the morning... well, after coffee, that is!!  We do everything golf-related together.  We've done this before years ago, but it didn't last.  I'm not into weight training; did that many years ago, and my wife sure as he!! isn't!!

I have an agenda this time, and NO it's not a New Year's Resolution!!  I have already lost 25 pounds since Thanksgiving, which over the holidays is quite an achievement!  I think I would like to lose 25 more, but I'm not setting a specific goal since I don't know if that goal weight would be right for me.  Too many years not being as active as I used to be, mostly due to aches/pains/surgeries.  My only concern is that I don't want to do anything that will screw up my golf swing for the few years I have left... make it better, YES, but not screw it up.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

OK, accountability time. I've been lifting heavy and eating to support that since October and the results have been awesome in the weight room and with club and ball speeds on the launch monitor. But now I'm starting to get a little too much of that post-lockdown Bryson look and need to cut off some of the extra fluff that came with the lifting/eating.

I told myself I needed to start getting more serious after my birthday, which was last weekend. I stepped on the scale this morning - 185.6 pounds. This is the heaviest I've been since probably 2014. Late 2019, early 2020 I had gotten down to about 157 pounds. That was about the same time I got my squat rack at home and started lifting. 

Not trying to get back to 157 (that's likely a little too low), but something like 165 without too much of a performance drop would be wonderful. We have a scheduled vacation in July, which is about 24 weeks away. About 22 pounds in 24 weeks seems doable with the right mindset. It helps that, for my birthday, I ate way too many carbohydrates (we are typically keto'ers/low carb - have been for almost 10 years) and am currently retaining at least 2-3 extra pounds of water weight that should disappear quickly.

I'm going to try to make a habit of a Monday update post in this thread. Weekends are the worst for my diet as I get way too loose with what I consume, and by forcing myself to weigh and report on Monday I have some extra motivation to stay within my macros.

797954825_chart(1).png.e0e1541a42fa0241aebefb9e26aa4283.png

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

28 minutes ago, edingc said:

OK, accountability time.

Thanks for the motivation support with your post edingc. 

For accountability sake:  The holidays are difficult.  I succumbed to the "all bets off" approach starting at about Halloween and rode that train all the way through the end of the year.  So... a new year, and a revived resolve.  I have the same goal as you... 165 - what I feel is a healthy weight for me.  My low was 148 two years ago... but that was too low - and I lost muscle to get there.  I am currently back up to 190 after my year end "fun".  My plan... whole natural foods, lean meats, no added sugar, no processed foods, water, strength building and walking more rounds than I ride this year.  Targeting 1.5 lbs per week, so that is puts me at about April 30.  

tempFileForShare_20220119-072215.jpg.381bd26381f9e4403b8459c754897b37.jpg I will also post each week to communicate my progress.  Thanks again edingc, and wishing you great success in your goal.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, edingc said:

OK, accountability time. I've been lifting heavy and eating to support that since October and the results have been awesome in the weight room and with club and ball speeds on the launch monitor. But now I'm starting to get a little too much of that post-lockdown Bryson look and need to cut off some of the extra fluff that came with the lifting/eating.

I told myself I needed to start getting more serious after my birthday, which was last weekend. I stepped on the scale this morning - 185.6 pounds. This is the heaviest I've been since probably 2014. Late 2019, early 2020 I had gotten down to about 157 pounds. That was about the same time I got my squat rack at home and started lifting. 

Not trying to get back to 157 (that's likely a little too low), but something like 165 without too much of a performance drop would be wonderful. We have a scheduled vacation in July, which is about 24 weeks away. About 22 pounds in 24 weeks seems doable with the right mindset. It helps that, for my birthday, I ate way too many carbohydrates (we are typically keto'ers/low carb - have been for almost 10 years) and am currently retaining at least 2-3 extra pounds of water weight that should disappear quickly.

I'm going to try to make a habit of a Monday update post in this thread. Weekends are the worst for my diet as I get way too loose with what I consume, and by forcing myself to weigh and report on Monday I have some extra motivation to stay within my macros.

797954825_chart(1).png.e0e1541a42fa0241aebefb9e26aa4283.png

It's such a double-edged sword. I totally went off the low carb diet in December and got so strong in the gym and my arms were Yuuuuge, but man my belly got so fat, so fast. Like you, I've lived the low carb life for a long time (20 years), with fall off on holidays only. I think the challenge now is that my body has become hyper reactive to carbs and even a few days off, causes excessive weight gain. I'm back on the diet and have dropped 10 lbs, but as I get older I find it harder and harder to bounce back.

Additionally, I'm getting to that age where my friends are asking when are you going to give it up and just enjoy the rest of your life? My response has always been "Never"! But constantly saying "No" when friends ask if we want to go to the new pizza place, burger joint and BBQ smokehouse is getting old. The fact that my wife goes through a bag of potato chips and a half gallon of ice cream every week only makes life more difficult. My goal this year it to try and have a 4 pack by summer, too old for a 6-pack, and then reevaluate what I want to do moving forward at the end of this year. 

Good luck on your quest!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

I will also post each week to communicate my progress.  Thanks again edingc, and wishing you great success in your goal.  

Thank you! Same to you.

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

It's such a double-edged sword. I totally went off the low carb diet in December and got so strong in the gym and my arms were Yuuuuge, but man my belly got so fat, so fast. Like you, I've lived the low carb life for a long time (20 years), with fall off on holidays only. I think the challenge now is that my body has become hyper reactive to carbs and even a few days off, causes excessive weight gain. I'm back on the diet and have dropped 10 lbs, but as I get older I find it harder and harder to bounce back.

Additionally, I'm getting to that age where my friends are asking when are you going to give it up and just enjoy the rest of your life? My response has always been "Never"! But constantly saying "No" when friends ask if we want to go to the new pizza place, burger joint and BBQ smokehouse is getting old. The fact that my wife goes through a bag of potato chips and a half gallon of ice cream every week only makes life more difficult. My goal this year it to try and have a 4 pack by summer, too old for a 6-pack, and then reevaluate what I want to do moving forward at the end of this year. 

Good luck on your quest!

Yeah, it's been a long while since I've been fully "off," but the carb creep happens too easily. There are very few things I splurge on anymore, but when I'm already eating at maintenance it doesn't take more than a little ice cream, beer and some gummi worms to start things heading in the wrong direction. Lately it's been tortilla chips with chili at our favorite local bar and sushi from the fancier grocery store. Just little things that are really starting to add up.

Glad to hear you've dropped 10 pounds already! I'm hoping for at least five of water weight, but I also recently started taking creatine again and that always causes me to hold on to water more than usual.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

The body likes carbs and despite what the tv and some experts say carbs aren’t bad and same for fats. The type of carbs and fats do matter and better choices of both are beneficial.

When you deprive your body of the carbs then add them in especially all at once they body is going to hold onto them. That was something many had issues with on Atkins back in the day and as you guys have mentioned anyone who comes off keto