Weight Loss Thread

MattF

8 hours ago, VetteRon said:

Keto + Intermittent fasting + exercise is the magic bullet for me. 

Awesome results Ron!  So what intermittent fasting schedule do you use?

• PXG 0811X Proto Driver - Evenflow Riptide 60
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist T200 - 4-GW
  • Nike V-Forged 52 &56
  • Mizuno M Craft II White Satin Putter
  • Titleist -Pro V1x (Left Dash)

On 8/5/2021 at 8:23 AM, myherobobhope said:

Im a chronic dieter / fat kid… have always gone on diets for a couple weeks and then slowly fallen off of them… hoping to build better habits this time around.

mostly, my goal is to stay busy during the day, as when I’m idle, I eat.

tracking calories in my fitness pal, working out with fit for golf… and just trying to stay active during the day… we will see how this one goes.

i hit 40 next month, and I’d like to spent my 40s in better shape than I did my 30s… I’ve completely eliminated alcohol, so that should help!

My story was very similar, but I have about 10 years on you.  3 years ago, I told myself that I wanted to lose 50 lbs by my 50th (about 10 months away at the time).  Same story growing up... snowballing weight gain from my youth - even though I was very active in sports through high school.  Then marriage and kids... and I was out of control weight wise. 

Anyway, I used MyFitnessPal to track my daily caloric intake and met my original goal, and said... ok, 50 more by 50, then 50 more by 50.  Unfortunately, I focused mostly on caloric reduction and lost muscle... so now I'm in the process of being more active and doing weight training to build strength and muscle back.  Getting back into golf this year has helped me be more active, and due to my body mass change, and muscle loss... I've had to essentially re-learn the swing... but it has been a good and challenging journey.  

Best of luck to your quest to enjoy your 40's in a different way than you did your 30's.  

Now... about that 6 handicap.... and the inference in the profile pic... that is what I want to learn about!!!  

• Like 1
  • PXG 0811X Proto Driver - Evenflow Riptide 60
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist T200 - 4-GW
  • Nike V-Forged 52 &56
  • Mizuno M Craft II White Satin Putter
  • Titleist -Pro V1x (Left Dash)

9 hours ago, VetteRon said:

As of yesterday i'm officially down 70 lbs since Feb 2nd 2021 (only 7 months).  Keto + Intermittent fasting + exercise is the magic bullet for me.  I'm still losing weight even though I'm not trying.  I want to gain some muscle at this point and stay healthy.  I'm at 18% body fat according to a DXA scan I had earlier this month,  BMI = 22.  My pre-diabetes is reversed (hbA1c = 5.2), my liver function is back to normal, and my kidney function is almost back to normal.  My tina is gone, my skin tags are gone, my snoring is almost gone, my joints no longer ache, and I am able to jog 3 miles without stopping.  Completely changed my life.  I suggest checking it out.

You will need to slowly add calories back to get to maintenance then hold there for awhile then do a 200 calorie surplus over maintenance.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

My story was very similar, but I have about 10 years on you.  3 years ago, I told myself that I wanted to lose 50 lbs by my 50th (about 10 months away at the time).  Same story growing up... snowballing weight gain from my youth - even though I was very active in sports through high school.  Then marriage and kids... and I was out of control weight wise. 

Anyway, I used MyFitnessPal to track my daily caloric intake and met my original goal, and said... ok, 50 more by 50, then 50 more by 50.  Unfortunately, I focused mostly on caloric reduction and lost muscle... so now I'm in the process of being more active and doing weight training to build strength and muscle back.  Getting back into golf this year has helped me be more active, and due to my body mass change, and muscle loss... I've had to essentially re-learn the swing... but it has been a good and challenging journey.  

Best of luck to your quest to enjoy your 40's in a different way than you did your 30's.  

Now... about that 6 handicap.... and the inference in the profile pic... that is what I want to learn about!!!  

I'm officially a 5 as of today... and down 10 lbs over the month... so doing well on both fronts...

I think there is a lot of overlap between diet strategy and golf strategy... set yourself up for success, don't let one bad decision derail you, and keep grinding... the second you give up, your score and your weight both blow up... it's all about staying focused, even if the past hasn't gone the way you want. 

On improving diet and golf, everyone is different and needs different things... some people just don't know anything about nutrition, and some just need better habits to build self control... i do well when there isn't much junk in the house... buying a new grill and experimenting with smoked meats hasn't been great for my diet, but it's mostly dinner, so I can make up for it by eating less during the day... Caloric reduction is the ONLY way to succeed...

Golf Fitness stuff has been fun too! 

• Like 2

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.