TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

And that's the point... if this is done regularly, foods with sugar and carbs will be processed faster and stored as fat.  People who routinely eat late typically eat more than they should. If they are late sleepers or don't have an active lifestyle, that's when weight gain can occur.

It’s not the eating late that makes weight loss hard it’s the eating too much. It doesn’t  matter when a person eats it’s how much they eat. 

So saying eating late makes losing weight harder is false. The true statement is eating more calories than a person burns makes losing weight harder because you can’t lose weight when in a surplus 

also people in general tend to eat more than they burn and that’s supported by the high percentage of overweight and obese people in this country 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

8 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s not the eating late that makes weight loss hard it’s the eating too much. It doesn’t  matter when a person eats it’s how much they eat. 

So saying eating late makes losing weight harder is false. The true statement is eating more calories than a person burns makes losing weight harder because you can’t lose weight when in a surplus 

also people in general tend to eat more than they burn and that’s supported by the high percentage of overweight and obese people in this country 

I think you both are making the same point from different angles, there is evidence that eating late at night alters the bodies functions and kicks in the digestive system at a time it should be resting and going into sleep mode, but yes it not weight loss that it impacts rather the maintenance of a consistent weight.

I have found that having an interval of between 12-14 hours between dinner and my next meal makes me feel better and I am more consistent. So long as you have the protein % correct for your dinner you should have a 'full' feeling longer and not require the snack.

Lastly to your country point its a global issue not just the US, here in the UK too, not sure what Oz is like for Kenny.

Callaway XR Driver - Aldila NV Green Shaft 55g Stiff

Taylormade M2 3 Wood

Mizuno T-zoid 2 iron

Taylormade M2 4 Hybrid

5-AW Lynx #BB,

Ping Sigma 2 - Tyne Putter

20 hours ago, pjaxx88 said:

Hi Matt,

I haven't lost a load of weight as I've been a bit of runt most of my life but I have been on journey for 2 and bit years. 

#1 bit of advice I can give you is get up and exercise.

Don't matter how you feel, tired, rough, cold, weather is rubbish (I am in Scotland so we like to talk weather). I got lazy with COVID restrictions and had no motivation before commiting to getting up 5/7 days and doing something for 30 or 45mins. 

#2 Get some strength training into your routine, anything that gets you legs working, biggest muscles get the fire going.

#3 Eat whatever you want, so long as it is natural and plenty of protein to keep hunger away.

Within the first year, no lie I added 10 yards to every club by being fitter and stronger.

Tell you skimmed without telling me you skimmed. I think you may have missed a lot of my posts.

3 hours ago, pjaxx88 said:

I think you both are making the same point from different angles, there is evidence that eating late at night alters the bodies functions and kicks in the digestive system at a time it should be resting and going into sleep mode, but yes it not weight loss that it impacts rather the maintenance of a consistent weight.

I have found that having an interval of between 12-14 hours between dinner and my next meal makes me feel better and I am more consistent. So long as you have the protein % correct for your dinner you should have a 'full' feeling longer and not require the snack.

Lastly to your country point its a global issue not just the US, here in the UK too, not sure what Oz is like for Kenny.

Kenny lives in Oregon. I was born in Sydney but live in the US now. 🙄

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, pjaxx88 said:

No. Kenny is saying that 1) eating late makes weight loss harder. It doesn’t and it’s the number of calories in vs number of calories out that will determine what one weight does regardless of when they eat, along with other factors but in the end it boils down to the calories in vs out

2) he said that people who eat late tend to overeat and that’s what makes it hard. I said overeating is the problem not when they eat. Many people overeat without eating late.

So the initial premise of eating late makes weight loss harder is false. While eating late may cause some to over eat, overeating is a huge problem for many regardless if they eat late or not.

I know people who intermittent fast from 2pm-8pm, went to bed at 9pm and lost weight. Why? Because they burned more calories than they consumed

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

56 minutes ago, MattF said:

Tell you skimmed without telling me you skimmed. I think you may have missed a lot of my posts.

Kenny lives in Oregon. I was born in Sydney but live in the US now. 🙄

That would be on me yes, I assumed wrongly that WA was Western Australia not Washington.

Callaway XR Driver - Aldila NV Green Shaft 55g Stiff

Taylormade M2 3 Wood

Mizuno T-zoid 2 iron

Taylormade M2 4 Hybrid

5-AW Lynx #BB,

Ping Sigma 2 - Tyne Putter

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I know people who intermittent fast from 2pm-8pm, went to bed at 9pm and lost weight. Why? Because they burned more calories than they consumed

I can attest to that. 16 hour fast usually is enough to curb that, my last meal is 8-830 and I have lost 24lbs since July fasting 16/8. Some other things too like using kefir for gut health with apple cider vinegar and lemon in my water. Gut health is huge!

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

I just came across a really helpful Eating Well magazine called Weight Loss: A Healthy Plan

found it through the Libby app and my local library system.  
It has some nice information. For anyone wanting some new ideas.

Mizuno irons, hybrids and Driver of the week 😆.  Cally wedges from CPO!

Nice Shot Man! ⛳️ 

3 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

I can attest to that. 16 hour fast usually is enough to curb that, my last meal is 8-830 and I have lost 24lbs since July fasting 16/8. Some other things too like using kefir for gut health with apple cider vinegar and lemon in my water. Gut health is huge!

Dangit, now you’re forcing me to drink the kefir in the back of my fridge.  😬😆

Nice Shot Man! ⛳️ 

9 minutes ago, caryncgolfer said:

Dangit, now you’re forcing me to drink the kefir in the back of my fridge.  😬😆

Uh oh hahaha

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

On 1/16/2023 at 6:00 PM, Richard Fahrney said:

First thing to do is learn how to read a food label. Second consult with your physician if you are on any medications before going on any change in your diet. Do not go on a diet. Do a lifestyle change. Diets are a temporary change. Start with a Mediterranean change first and then adjust from there. Good luck.  

Ok I’m in Italy now on the coast.. sitting here waiting for instructions about step 2… 😆.  Kidding

Nice Shot Man! ⛳️ 

• 3 weeks later...

Update time.

I've lost 10lbs in the last 5 weeks due to Weight Watchers, so it seems to be the answer to me.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

As we get older we need more protein in our diet.  I've started having protein powder and workout everyday and keep my weight the same.  I also find if I drink more alcohol my weight will increase.  Of course the amount we eat makes a difference in how many calories our body's get and any excess will go to the fat cells for storage. 

Titleist 718, scotty, PXG

39 minutes ago, Langstonha said:

As we get older we need more protein in our diet.  I've started having protein powder and workout everyday and keep my weight the same.  I also find if I drink more alcohol my weight will increase.  Of course the amount we eat makes a difference in how many calories our body's get and any excess will go to the fat cells for storage. 

I'm 75 and I upped my protein during my weight loss this past year, but my latest tests showed increased uric acid and I had a kidney stone.  I've since backed off a little on the protein; my doc also increased my dose of allopurinol.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Down 11lbs since the new year. M,t,w, and Friday I have 3 meals a day. Thursday Saturday and Sunday I do a 24 hour dash only eating dinner. General workouts 3-4 days a week. Cut out almost all sugar 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I’m down to 190 since the new year.  A stomach bug helped be lose  a good 6 lbs. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review