MattF

Weight Loss Thread

Our Sponsors

I'm on the EMS diet... work too hard to eat lunch. Just go from house to hospital and repeat

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

It's a real thing too bad I felt like crap so had to eat junk so I didn't because nothing was open other than crap foods

I weighed 240 at one time in my early 40's.  Now I'm 57 and weigh 175.  I've learned a lot in that time, way too much to write here.  My best piece of advice for anyone looking to lose weight is to learn to count your calories.  I've used MyFitnessPal in the past and it works.  It's a constant reminder of how much you are eating and keeps you on your toes.  You can't lose weight unless calories in

So buy a kitchen scale and get to measuring when you eat or cook.  Record your recipes for later repeated use.  Learn how to use the app and track down your favourite foods.  It's very simple and gets easier as time goes by.  Good luck!!

• Like 3

Did some strongman workouts in my gym today for high reps until I really could not do another rep. Now taking the dogs to a local lake and I'll get a jog in and maybe run some hills.

• Like 4

Getting fit for when we go see my fit son/ soldier at his graduation at Fort Benning, Ga. I'm super proud of my son and I want him to be proud of his Dad.

attachicon.gif IMG_2674.JPG

I'll be a solid 200 lbs and fit at 68 years old.

Looking great! Be careful they do not sign you up for service too. Thank your son for his service.

• Like 4

Looking great! Be careful they do not sign you up for service too. Thank your son for his service.

Served my tour in 70 -71  :D

Thanks Rev and I'll tell em!

• Like 1

I have learned a lot throughout this process. An early poster mentioned calorie counting - everything he wrote was true but calorie counting would not work for me any more than a fad diet.

I'm visual and I'm competitive. Tell me what to eat, give me a picture of what my plate should look like and what type(s) of exercise I need to do and I will do it. Put me in a group and I will strive to stay in the lead pack.

That's what has worked for me and it's really been simple. I've joked that I've changed my fitness by eating more (that's true, I eat way more types of certain foods than I ever have) and that the only food that I've given up eating are cheese it's. That's true also, For example I've had pizza - a couple of slices once a month rather than half a large pie once a week.

I've learned that a night time meal screw up (normally something with too much salt in it or wine) takes two days to undo. Clearly my three day holiday is taken no four - my weight is almost back to what it was last Friday. I don't feel bad, I planned the vacation, I didn't go bonkers and stayed active but predictably I gained a pound and a half eating small portions of rich foods and drinking a bit too much.

What I've learned most of all about fitness is that slow and steady wins this race. It was fun walking into the pro shop at the PGA club, asking the pro's advice on color scheme to go with my new shorts and having him go to the Medium section to grab a couple of shirts for me and say - these may be a tad big on you.

When I was there last December it would have been a tight extra large.

• Like 7

Image-1.jpg

So I didn't just hit my goal I crushed it! Time to set a new one after I get back from Houston. Thinking of trying to get to 250 by the end of the year maybe but either way, I'm pretty pleased with myself and being able to keep this weight off for the last year plus. 

• Like 8

attachicon.gif Image-1.jpg

So I didn't just hit my goal I crushed it! Time to set a new one after I get back from Houston. Thinking of trying to get to 250 by the end of the year maybe but either way, I'm pretty pleased with myself and being able to keep this weight off for the last year plus.

We have a very similar goal.

Top work Theoo!!

Strong work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very proud of you my friend! Great job

Wow

Awesome theo

Sent from my iPod touch using MyGolfSpy

Wow

Awesome theo

Sent from my iPod touch using MyGolfSpy

Thanks, I was even down another 3lbs this morning.

• Like 1