Weight Loss Thread

Our Sponsors

I'm also back on my routine. Get up at 4:40am and do 2 miles, have brekkie, ablutions and head to work. Get in a few miles at work and then do another 2.5 miles when I get home.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My only suggestion is one that works for everyone every time. It's not in a book, seen on TV, or the web. Doesn't require any special shopping or meal plan subscriptions. You can eat any food you like

Alrighty! These quests always work better when there's a group and there's a little friendly competition involved. I know I don't want to be the guy who actually gains weight during this challenge...

I'm in. I'll avoid shirtless posts, but I assume bottomless are still ok.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, MattF said:

I'm also back on my routine. Get up at 4:40am and do 2 miles, have brekkie, ablutions and head to work. Get in a few miles at work and then do another 2.5 miles when I get home.

Impressive! 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MattF said:

With all this teleworking, I've gotten out of my routine.  I walked a few miles a day getting to and from my office but now that my office is in the basement of my house...that's null🤷‍♂️.  I've put more into the elliptical workout but that's nullified with all the snacks my wife is shoving at me when we start to watch the inordinate amount of movies in the evening, LOL.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

19 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

With all this teleworking, I've gotten out of my routine.  I walked a few miles a day getting to and from my office but now that my office is in the basement of my house...that's null🤷‍♂️.  I've put more into the elliptical workout but that's nullified with all the snacks my wife is shoving at me when we start to watch the inordinate amount of movies in the evening, LOL.

MDGolfHacker

Oh god, I just remembered why I had to loose over a 100 pounds - I cook out of boredom. Not even swinging speedster today since weather is miserable. Just to be innovative I am planning a pub crawl for Friday night. This will involve putting different drinks in all of the rooms in the house! Since it’s small the challenge will be how many laps Mrs. Pug and I can do before face planting. Luckily, no matter where you are in the house it’s a short crawl to the bedroom🍺🥳🍺🍹🍾🥂🥂🍾🥂🍺🍹🥃🍾🥴🥂🥂🍾🤪🥂🥱🤢🤮😵🤯

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Pug said:

...This will involve putting different drinks in all of the rooms in the house! Since it’s small the challenge will be how many laps Mrs. Pug and I can do before face planting. ...

I love this idea!!!  My wife has a daily happy hour with her girlfriends via zoom....strangest thing is seeing 8 screens on zoom with the ladies all drinking either wine or tequilla,.....😀🤣😂

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

The last few days have been a struggle to motivate with the wind, rain, and hail storms.  Not wanting to bundle up for my evening walks.  Ate some comfort food over the weekend which I hope doesn't call my name too often.  Tracking what I eat and seeing the nutrition totals is what keeps me somewhat in check when I do splurge a bit.  Scale is bouncing from 259 to 262 the last 3 days.  I did find a window to golf yesterday with the plan to walk 18 which is a major calorie burn, but the wind and rain did me in.  I don't mind a little rain, but not a fan with the wind mixed in.

• Like 2

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 4/2/2020 at 1:00 PM, Pug said:

Oh god, I just remembered why I had to loose over a 100 pounds - I cook out of boredom. Not even swinging speedster today since weather is miserable. Just to be innovative I am planning a pub crawl for Friday night. This will involve putting different drinks in all of the rooms in the house! Since it’s small the challenge will be how many laps Mrs. Pug and I can do before face planting. Luckily, no matter where you are in the house it’s a short crawl to the bedroom🍺🥳🍺🍹🍾🥂🥂🍾🥂🍺🍹🥃🍾🥴🥂🥂🍾🤪🥂🥱🤢🤮😵🤯

Following up on this, ever have one of those hangovers where it feels like someone drove a golden needle through your left eye? Oh crap, just got an email from one of the gang and one of our guys is celebrating his 69th birthday with drinks online at 6:00 tonight. Reminded us all of the excesses we enjoyed in ‘69. Groan.

• Like 1

I don't necessarily need to lose weight, but good on keeping those on task.  One of my many skill sets.  First don't deprive yourself.  Each individual has their own make up.   But some basics, keep hydrated.  Water is your friend.  5 snacks are better than 3 big meals.  Start gradually and ensure that it is integrated into your everyday lifestyle.  Walk more and focus on your core strength to build muscle mass. Remember metabolism is dependent on age.  Sleep is good for you too.  A combination of both diet and exercise truly works.  Intermittent fasting can work for, but recommend starting gradually.  This should get you started.  And a lot of this can be integrated with golf succinctly.  So no excuses!

• Like 1

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

Oh god, I just remembered why I had to loose over a 100 pounds - I cook out of boredom. Not even swinging speedster today since weather is miserable. Just to be innovative I am planning a pub crawl for Friday night. This will involve putting different drinks in all of the rooms in the house! Since it’s small the challenge will be how many laps Mrs. Pug and I can do before face planting. Luckily, no matter where you are in the house it’s a short crawl to the bedroom🥳🥂🥂🥂🥃🥴🥂🥂🤪🥂🥱🤢🤮🤯

Just remember all those drinks = calories = weight gain . .

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

20 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Just remember all those drinks = calories = weight gain emoji16.png. .

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

You will be shocked, horrified and not the least bit surprised to learn your right😉! Plus 4 pounds is the price I am paying for two nights of self indulgence. I’ll shed that by Thursday with a little IF in between. Supper tonight will be salad and turkey to get things started on a downward trend.

• Like 3

Started to lose weight and exercise more about two months ago now in preparation for a golf trip scheduled to Ireland and Scotland at the end of June.  Walking 18 holes a day for seven days was more than I could have done at the beginning of the year.  Down 26 lbs. so far with 12 weeks to go.  

I realize the trip will probably get canceled due to the Coronavirus pandemic engulfing the world, but I’m still motivated to keep going down the path I started.  Hoping to lose 12 more pounds before then.

• Like 4

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Tour Edge EX 10 - 16.5

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Titleist 818 H1 - 25

Titleist AP3 6-48

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BRX

15 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

Started to lose weight and exercise more about two months ago now in preparation for a golf trip scheduled to Ireland and Scotland at the end of June.  Walking 18 holes a day for seven days was more than I could have done at the beginning of the year.  Down 26 lbs. so far with 12 weeks to go.  

I realize the trip will probably get canceled due to the Coronavirus pandemic engulfing the world, but I’m still motivated to keep going down the path I started.  Hoping to lose 12 more pounds before then.

Let's see, you lost 26 pounds in about 8 to 9 weeks, and now you are hoping to loose 12 pounds in 12 weeks? Based on what you have already done, you've got this nailed!

• Like 2

So just for laughs I have toted up the alcohol consumption for those couple of days and it comes out to 1037 calories. So a 4.5 pound weight gain at 3,500 calories per pound of fat should amount to 15,750 calories. This would have to be in addition to what I normally eat, since I am able to keep my weight well regulated when not indulging. Here’s the kicker: the only things I ate over the two days that were not routine were 8 gingerbread cookies and two small muffins. I made both with a sugar substitute, and yes there would be some processed carbs in the flour I used, but not nearly enough to account for this much added weight. Friday night was turkey with crudités and cheeses. Hard liquor (scotch) was mixed with water. The rest was wine.

Yes, I overate with respect to the turkey. We basically did a repeat on Saturday. At roughly 200 calories for 3.5 ounces of mixed white and dark meat I would have to eat about...(14,000/200= 70 portions x 3.5 ounces = 245 ounces) ...15 pounds of turkey to get to that calorie count if the weight is retained as fat. Obviously I didn’t eat that much. Even with the added calories in the cookies and muffins I don’t come anywhere near this caloric intake.

The secret is in the booze. Alcohol makes me retain fluid. I’ll pee the majority of this away by Thursday, and what is attributable to excess food intake (which based upon previous experience) I estimate is about a pound, I will loose through working out (just came back from a 3.4 kilometre walk after my workout) and a bit of intermittent fasting tomorrow and Thursday.

Cheers 🥂

• Like 2

The bike riding part of my exercise plan is on the back burner for at least another week or so. The tires I ordered came in yesterday... and I ordered the wrong ones. Looks like when I changed the tire size on the dropdown I forgot to check/change the type of tire, and cruiser tires showed up. No thanks. Ordered some hybrids (yes I double checked this time!) which should arrive in around a week.

I thought I'd be slick and pump up what I have on the bike now and go for a short spin around the neighborhood. I could actually hear my rear tire disintegrating from the dry rot. So no riding for a bit, still doing the daily on-demand workouts from my wife's BeachBody subscription. 

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

2 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

The bike riding part of my exercise plan is on the back burner for at least another week or so. The tires I ordered came in yesterday... and I ordered the wrong ones. Looks like when I changed the tire size on the dropdown I forgot to check/change the type of tire, and cruiser tires showed up. No thanks. Ordered some hybrids (yes I double checked this time!) which should arrive in around a week.

I thought I'd be slick and pump up what I have on the bike now and go for a short spin around the neighborhood. I could actually hear my rear tire disintegrating from the dry rot. So no riding for a bit, still doing the daily on-demand workouts from my wife's BeachBody subscription. 

That's awesome! Seems like we're on a similar workout program. I'm doing a bunch of running/riding trying to get ready for a triathlon that may/may not happen and have been doing the Yoga 3-4 times a week on BBOD.  They've got a super deep catalog. My wife likes the HIIT with Sean T but I rarely join her because I want to enjoy my workouts.  "Yoga for cyclists" is amazing after a long ride.

• Like 3

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

That's awesome! Seems like we're on a similar workout program. I'm doing a bunch of running/riding trying to get ready for a triathlon that may/may not happen and have been doing the Yoga 3-4 times a week on BBOD.  They've got a super deep catalog. My wife likes the HIIT with Sean T but I rarely join her because I want to enjoy my workouts.  "Yoga for cyclists" is amazing after a long ride.

After I jacked up my back rushing while moving my daughter out of her dorm a few weeks ago, Vytas' Yoga for Lower Back Pain was a lifesaver. My wife's doing the 21 Day Fix right now and loves it. Thanks for the cycling yoga rec, I'll almost definitely be needing that once I start riding again LOL!

• Love 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

2 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

After I jacked up my back rushing while moving my daughter out of her dorm a few weeks ago, Vytas' Yoga for Lower Back Pain was a lifesaver. My wife's doing the 21 Day Fix right now and loves it. Thanks for the cycling yoga rec, I'll almost definitely be needing that once I start riding again LOL!

The 21 Day Fix is what got me into it. I've never been flexible so I picked it to help ease my way in with a structured plan. 10/10 recommend as I'm sure your wife would agree. Best part is how they take time to teach you proper technique as opposed to other YouTube ones I've done that just jump from one to the next without much explanation.

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I must say that tomorrow’s weigh in will be ugly. Weighed 166 this morning - Np way I’m under 169 tomorrow. :)

It was worth it and i will be back to 166 by Weds

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I don't even want to weigh myself, not that I've been over eating but I don't see any results.

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!