Weight Loss Thread

Our Sponsors

43 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

That's good work. How do you feel at 135 pounds, is that a sustainable weight for you? I am 5'5" and the lowest i have ever weighed was about 145 and that felt too low and unsustainable for me. Right now I am at about 160 and could probably lose a few pounds, but I feel pretty good at this weight.

Thanks pards!

I've actually been increasing my calorie intake quite a bit the past month to slow the weight loss.

Still have a pound or two around the belt line that my girlfriend would probably prefer I convert, but I'm pretty happy at ~135 lbs otherwise.

I've definitely been stronger at a higher weight when I was younger, but for me this program is about stability, flexibility and feeling good... for as long as possible.

• Like 2

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My only suggestion is one that works for everyone every time. It's not in a book, seen on TV, or the web. Doesn't require any special shopping or meal plan subscriptions. You can eat any food you like

I'm in. I'll avoid shirtless posts, but I assume bottomless are still ok.

Alrighty! These quests always work better when there's a group and there's a little friendly competition involved. I know I don't want to be the guy who actually gains weight during this challenge...

Posted Images

On 5/29/2020 at 11:01 AM, analyticandrew said:

When all this crazy COVID stuff started, I decided to go Keto. It's been a journey for sure. I'm down 19 pounds, I stopped snoring, I'm not sore when I get out of bed, and just overall feel SIGNIFICANTLY better. 

Update: I'm down from 318 to 287.4, so 30.6 pounds since COVID started. I'm feeling pretty good, don't get any cravings, but sticking to these macros is HARD - the last two days haven't been my best - I'll be way low on fat, way up on protein... thankfully I can keep my carbs in check for the most part.

Also, 5 weeks ago my BIL and dad decided to get on the weight loss train with me. Every Monday we're entering our weights into a google form and I'm tracking the % of total weight loss between then (5 weeks ago) and the end of August. Whoever loses the largest % of their 5-week-ago body weight will be the winner. See screenshot of weight lost so far. My BIL had a tough week - his dad died last weekend, and so he regressed a bit (naturally). He's also in his 30s, not 40s like me or 60s like my dad, so he'll have a better chance to make it up 🙂

Screenshot at Jun 29 11-16-14.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Driver with KBS TD Shaft

:srixon-small: ZF85 3 wood with Raijin Shaft and :benhogan-small: Baffy 5w with Harrison Rifle (old school!) Shaft

Hybrid: searching

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 4-PW Irons with TrueTemper DG S300 Shafts with :Arccos: 

:edel-golf-1: Custom Wedges - 48*, 53*, 58* with KBS V Shafts

:seemore-small: Platinum mTRI-Mallet

:bridgestone-small: 2020 Tour BX or B Ball

:cobra-small: Golf Ultralight Bag

2 minutes ago, analyticandrew said:

Update: I'm down from 318 to 287.4, so 30.6 pounds since COVID started. I'm feeling pretty good, don't get any cravings, but sticking to these macros is HARD - the last two days haven't been my best - I'll be way low on fat, way up on protein... thankfully I can keep my carbs in check for the most part.

Also, 5 weeks ago my BIL and dad decided to get on the weight loss train with me. Every Monday we're entering our weights into a google form and I'm tracking the % of total weight loss between then (5 weeks ago) and the end of August. Whoever loses the largest % of their 5-week-ago body weight will be the winner. See screenshot of weight lost so far. My BIL had a tough week - his dad died last weekend, and so he regressed a bit (naturally). He's also in his 30s, not 40s like me or 60s like my dad, so he'll have a better chance to make it up 🙂

Screenshot at Jun 29 11-16-14.png

That's fantastic!  Congrats.

I've had a two tiered weight loss,  During Covid, I lost about 18 pounds mainly from eating at home more versus eating out 7 to 10 meals a week.   Then I got sick last month--Non covid related---and lost another 12 pounds, that so far I've only gained two back in the last 3 weeks.   Between the two, i'm down to 252 which is the "lightest" I've been since 2010. 

• Like 5

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's fantastic!  Congrats.

I've had a two tiered weight loss,  During Covid, I lost about 18 pounds mainly from eating at home more versus eating out 7 to 10 meals a week.   Then I got sick last month--Non covid related---and lost another 12 pounds, that so far I've only gained two back in the last 3 weeks.   Between the two, i'm down to 252 which is the "lightest" I've been since 2010. 

That's great (not that you got sick! - hope you're okay now)! 

I can't remember the last time that I was this light. Had to be 15+ years ago. My target is 250 by end of the year. That's 1.43 pounds per week. We'll see if I can get there!!

• Like 2

:srixon-small: ZF85 3 wood with Raijin Shaft and :benhogan-small: Baffy 5w with Harrison Rifle (old school!) Shaft

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 4-PW Irons with TrueTemper DG S300 Shafts with :Arccos: 

1 hour ago, analyticandrew said:

That's great (not that you got sick! - hope you're okay now)! 

I can't remember the last time that I was this light. Had to be 15+ years ago. My target is 250 by end of the year. That's 1.43 pounds per week. We'll see if I can get there!!

Yeah, I'm fine now.  It was---according to my Dr. just one of 100's of routine virus's that are all being overshadowed by COVID. 

You can do that, it's a very reasonable amount per week, not like you're trying to drop 20 in two weeks by some drastic measure. 

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Weighed myself yesterday and am down another pound, hopefully working at the zoo every other week will help as well.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Yeah baby. As of yesterday, 202.4lbs. The walking at the zoo did help.

• Like 6

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My home course is fairly hilly and not necessarily a walking course but people do it all the time. At first I thought, "you couldn't pay me to walk 18 here". Well, I just bought a push cart and am committing to walking. I'm in fairly good shape, run and/or workout daily but I still want to shed a few lbs. Wish me luck.

• Like 5

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: G20 CFS stiff 4-GW

:mizuno-small: 56* spinner shaft

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore or Snell MTBx

Down to 253 feom 273 or something from 4 months ago. Prediabetic so I feel motivated to lower my A1C.  I have a reward for me at 240 lbs that im motivated to attain. Ive cut out burers, fries, ice cream, cookies, and all that crap. zi dont eat perfect but but feel that Im accomplishing a life style change that I like. 

• Like 4

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I'm down to 282.7 which is 35.3 down from where I started. Keto eating has REALLY been crucial for me. I don't feel tired either, even after a round of 18 holes. I take some macadamia nuts or pistachios with me and make sure to drink plenty of water while I'm playing and it's been great. A push cart will be the next purchase for me (after I get some new sticks!) so I can play AND exercise more than I do. 

• Like 4

Down to 253 feom 273 or something from 4 months ago. Prediabetic so I feel motivated to lower my A1C.  I have a reward for me at 240 lbs that im motivated to attain. Ive cut out burers, fries, ice cream, cookies, and all that crap. zi dont eat perfect but but feel that Im accomplishing a life style change that I like. 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

MYFITNESSPAL

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

I need to get back into working out to help a bit, at my heaviest I was 310 lbs in 2004/2005, and at my lightest I was about 240 lbs in 2013.

I am currently at 265 lbs, only gained 3 pounds since the stay at home and pandemic has started. 

My goal is to get down to 220 lbs.

Overall at the moment I am taking more daily walks to start.

• Like 3

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

I am on that Bryson bulk right now lol. not purposefully,  but i like to eat.

After golf season is over, I will probably try to lose 5 to 10 pounds slowly, don't want to lose the strength that i have been building up.

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

Hadn't weighed myself for probably 5 months. Up to 173 now (weight mid day, so probably a few pounds less in the morning). Up about 10 to 13 pounds since about 4 months ago. Have been hitting the weights and strength workouts really hard over that time period, so I think a good portion of that is clean weight. Probably some of it was muscle memory gains because I used to be big into weightlifting a long time ago, but had stopped seriously lifting for about a 10 year period.

Being a former fat person, any increase in the number on the scale gets in my head even if it is quality weight.

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

I've been bouncing around. 206 at the doctors on Friday and 204 today.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: 

I've been bouncing around. 206 at the doctors on Friday and 204 today.

I’m around 205 +/- 2# and have a Doc visit due this Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Gotta get back to it.  Quarantine life has made me lazier, but even worse are the eating habits and how much pop I've been drinking.  On vacation this week, so I'm going to try and make some better choices, but committed next week to smarter food choices and a lot more water.  Also, now that I have some help with the kids, there is no reason I can't run 2 miles a few times per week and add in some body weight exercises.  

Keep at it to all those dropping the weight and staying healthy.   Hope to join the train soon!

• Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

• 5 weeks later...

Finally hit my goal weight of <180.. 179.8, its been hovering around 180ish for a few weeks. Since January I've lost 16lbs!

A lot of running, cycling and patience. Also got sick in February and dropped 7lbs pretty quick and just kept it off. 

I know it sounds crazy but work from home has helped because we don't buy a lot of the junk food for the house that shows up in an office or a vending machine. 

If I could kick the sugar habit/cravings I'd be in great shape

• Like 2

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I completely forgot to post in this thread. I've been a good boy and am now down to 203.8 as of Saturday. Chanin and I are off to Pittsburgh this weekend so all bets are off.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: