Sign in to follow this  
Reesedw

Acer XV hybrids

Has anyone build any of the XV hybrids? What shafts did you use and why?

I'm looking to build 2 of these and would like any insight. Also has anyone used swing science shafts? And thoughts???

Thanks Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone build any of the XV hybrids? What shafts did you use and why?

I'm looking to build 2 of these and would like any insight. Also has anyone used swing science shafts? And thoughts???

Thanks Dave

I'm using Swing Science 200 series reg. shafts in my Wishons 560MCs, I really like the shafts. They give a high~mid flight. I'm not a hard swinger & 57 yr old, I wouldn't say they're soft but sure not harsh or stiff. But still, can't say anything bad about em.

Edit to add: Matter of fact, liked em enough to put one into my TM SLDR 5w. Hind sight, I do swing harder with my 5w

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Acer stuff from Hireko is some good under rated stuff for the price. The main trick and I can already see that you know is getting the right shaft for your swing. Personally I have never played any Swing Science shafts . Have only installed one set and that was in a set of KZG cavity backs. 

I have built these in the past and everyone I built them for liked them. The key again as stated above is the right shafts.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right on. I think I just need to build a couple. I was hitting a 22* hybrid in the 215 range with the swing science 200 stiff ahaft.

Thanks

Right on. I think I just need to build a couple. I was hitting a 22* hybrid in the 215 range with the swing science 200 stiff ahaft.

Thanks

That is pretty darn good with a 22* hybrid--- For the record I only hit my 22* hybrid about 180 or so at sea level

I thought so.. the owner who's a teaching pro as well as a single digit cap. Said he hits his 180 also.. so yeah I was happy