TESTERS WANTED! ×

[REVIEW] Galvin Green C-Knit AW18 ARGON Jacket and ARN Trousers.

puttingpirate

Galvin Green C-KNIT Waterproofs.

Style - it's super subjective so I'll leave it. I like it, you may or may not.

I play all year round, 3/4 rounds a week at least so being in London I get caught in the rain a lot. 

I have used Nike Hyperadapt waterproofs before, but I felt like it was affecting my game. So I decided to bite the bullet and fork out £700 for what my research was showing as the best top layer available.

And oh boy.

Arrived in July, in a nice box. When I took it out my first thought was to send it back. 
I wasn't used to clothes weight that much. Or that little to be honest. So thin I was sure it will rip within 10minutes. And it had no pockets - something I've overlooked when making the purchase.

Luckily, or not, it rained pretty much instantly so I took the layer out, put it on top of my tee and ... I was dry. It was hot as hell (22-24oC / 72-74oF). I didn't sweat a lot more than in the polo itself... It stopped raining, i took it off. It started, i put it back on. 

0 interference with my swing. 

The C-Knit backing and sleeves take a little getting used to, but it doesn't take long. It's just something touching your neck and hands. I stopped noticing it after maybe 2 holes.

Now when it got colder, the rain got a little more annoying, but again, I put it over my pullover and couldn't be happier.

Same with the trousers. Easy to put on, comfortable both as a layer by themselves or on top of my golf trousers. 

The things i don't like - i keep it in my bag. It gets creased as hell. I'd love some sort of a 'storage' bag or smth that i could put the stuff into, but its not a biggie. 

And another non biggie - the bloody naming and variety of the product leaves me so confused. Even people at Capital Golf in the UK had no idea about the differences. But I guess it must be a Swedish thing cause Ikea does the same. Maybe there is some kind of a system to the naming system - like waterproofs start with "A" but i couldn't find anything to back that up.

I also got used to not having pockets in the jacket. It's so thin I'm not sure how they'd manage to put a pocket on it. 

It's a massive **5/5** and probably the best golf clothing purchase I've made. 

Any questions - ask.

Another nice review! I'll have to look into those pants...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I have to agree with golfjunkie nice review sometimes you have to pay for quality and looks like you got great quality there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks! My reviews are usually very short, and may not be super comprehensive, but there is a ton of reviews online. I'm trying to just cover the points that others have missed, or I was looking for and couldn't find.

And yes, the quality is incredible. I'm in the process of basically changing my whole wardrobe to Galvin Green; and maybe some other brands if I find the quality amazing.

That's coming from a guy that thought Nike DryFit tees were the bees knees and bought all of them in his size from a shop.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQA5Q6zlQJT

:) Most of them are still in the plastic. Will probably be donated somewhere ;d

Nice looking, for sure!!! Thanks for the review.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Nice read, great job

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood