TESTERS WANTED! ×

PuttingPirate WITB 12/2017

So through my short golfing career I went through quite a bit of stuff. That's my latest stuff that made it into the bag :-)

aaFdDWN.jpg

Bag: Ogio Silencer Stand and Cart.

Driver: PXG 0811x, 12 degrees

Hybrids: PXG 0317x 17, 19, 22 on Rogue Black S shafts.

Irons: PXG 0311 6-58 on Project X LZ5.5

Grips: Winn Hybrid ones.

All clubs are MOI matched.

Putter - PXG Gunboat 34

Glove - HIRZL / G/Fore / MW

Ball - Callaway Supersoft high-vis / Volvik Vivid

Wet suit: Galvin Green C-Knit

Golf Shoes - Adidas Tour 360 mk 2

After golf shoes - Timberlands - lightest anti-fatigue and waterproof shoes I could find to carry in my bag.

G4Ropu4.jpg

Range finder: Bushnell v4 Slope

Watch: Apple Watch S3 Edition

Accessory: Arccos 360

Practice aids: Orange Whip + Alignment rods

Trolley - QOD 

On course drink: Beer

On course food: Huel Bar

Cat - Russian Blue

Y3e3Etf.jpg

Nice WITB! How do you like the Ogio Silencer? Does it seem heavy for carrying?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

HFT, here I come!!! Will Pokémon and baseball cards work???

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Nice WITB! Are the wedges set wedges or are they the milled ones (Sierra, Zulu, etc?)

Love the hybrid headcovers.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Nice WITB! How do you like the Ogio Silencer? Does it seem heavy for carrying?

Hey - a lot of research showed that carrying your bag is very suboptimal. 

I've done a full review of their carry bag - https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/21795-unofficial-review-ogio-silencer-system/

And it's as heavy/light as a lot of smaller bags (like a callaway HL3). Soooo, I'd say it's quite light?

HFT, here I come!!! Will Pokémon and baseball cards work???

lol pretty sure if you have first editions of charrizards and pikatchu it would work ;) 

Nice WITB! Are the wedges set wedges or are they the milled ones (Sierra, Zulu, etc?)

Love the hybrid headcovers.

Those wedges in the bag are now 50/12, 54/14 and 58/12. I play at a course with insane amount of fluffiness in the bunkers, so a lot of bounce helps. I have 56 and 60 with custom grinds for when i play tight courses. 

When I got my set they didnt have the 0311T wedges, and when trying them - i didn't have any difference in numbers. So didnt replace them. Will do when those die tho.

That's really an awesome setup man. Cute cat tax too. I'm with you on the push carts. They're so much better than carrying for your body and you still get the exercise.

I'm just curious why you play those balls? Is it just because we're in winter or do you actually prefer those? I just feel like you'd get so much more action off those PXGs with better balls.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

That's really an awesome setup man. Cute cat tax too. I'm with you on the push carts. They're so much better than carrying for your body and you still get the exercise.

I'm just curious why you play those balls? Is it just because we're in winter or do you actually prefer those? I just feel like you'd get so much more action off those PXGs with better balls.

Don't get me wrong, I'm lazy so I love a buggy; BUT walking is apparently good for you... ;)

Hmmm, well - they're easy to find, thats one. Two - they're relatively cheap. And who doesn't like a pink/yellow/green ball :) 

I went to one of those 'going out of business' golf sales and picked up 30 dozens of them.

I mean if there was a performance gain on any other ball, I'd go for it but ... Is there really a gain there?

I mean if there was a performance gain on any other ball, I'd go for it but ... Is there really a gain there?

I'd say yes. Without a doubt, yes.

The difference for performance balls is noticeable and appreciable. If nothing else, the action you'll get around the green will save you 2-3 strokes per round. The ability to hold a green from distance will save you 1-2 as well.

If you like Callaway, go for the Chrome Soft. Otherwise, there's a ton of balls in that segment to match your swing/play style.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

The difference for performance balls is noticeable and appreciable. If nothing else, the action you'll get around the green will save you 2-3 strokes per round. The ability to hold a green from distance will save you 1-2 as well.

If you like Callaway, go for the Chrome Soft. Otherwise, there's a ton of balls in that segment to match your swing/play style.

Hmm, thx. I'll buy a box of prov1s then and see. Tho I don't really suffer from not holding greens. Anything within the 170 range seems to stop well, and the 90/70/20yard lobs dance on the greens anyway. It's more missing the green than having too much roll. And not sure that any ball is going to help with that :)

Just ordered 3 dozens of prov1 and 2 of prov1x :)

Wow diving right in huh. I guess I'm on the hook for 3 shots on your game haha. Hope you like them!

• 2 months later...

Hey! I never checked back with you on this. Did the Pro Vs make a difference for your game?

I see you're shooting in the 70's now so they must've helped some.

Great looking bag, love the cat!

I have a black Bombay cat.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Hey! I never checked back with you on this. Did the Pro Vs make a difference for your game?

I see you're shooting in the 70's now so they must've helped some.

So I bought some prov1 and prov1x.

After moving from a super soft ball and occasional volvik its a learning curve to find out how much more pronounced the draws and fades became with a V1.

Flight off the tee is pretty similar tho as I have a tendency of quite low and penetrating bullet. 

130 yards in - that's where I see most of the difference as the second bounce on the green is a heavy bite usually with a lot of backspin.

Now that's my swing fault, and I'm still learning to control the spin as it sometimes happens that I hit it pin high and it rolls back all the way off the green. But overall feel of the ball is good. I found the v1x a little better in the super cold conditions, but for winter (sub 10 degrees weather) I think a super soft ball just transfer the energy a bit more efficiently for me. Lets see what happens when the weather gets a little warmer :)

Great looking bag, love the cat!

I have a black Bombay cat.

He looks good - that's why he can get away with being an ******* :)

And thank you! :-)

Speaking of Wilson- give the Duo-U a go- it is very soft, and spins nicely for me, being urethane covered.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 3 weeks later...

Archived