TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra Golf

skeeter33

Their clubs are as good as any of the other major OEMs, but they don't have the same buyer awareness as Callaway, TM, Ping or Titleist

I hear you. The PGA Super Store I just went to had the cobra stuff in the back, didn't have the full line up. I don't mind though, just more for the cobra fans!!... except their out of the Wedges I wanted to get. Wonder if that is a sign of them being replaced.

Sent from a Galaxy Far...Far...Away...

Yesterday I received my new 2015 Cobra Flyz+ driver. Technically it is used? However the company I bought it from said "you'll be hard pressed to tell it from a new one". And they were right. After carefully eyeballing it I found one small dent around the sole and a small paint chip. Both were smaller than the head of a pin. The Driver had all the original stickers on it and it's obvious it'd never struck a golf ball. So in my book it's brand spanking new.

Now here's where you guys come in.... I don't really get adjustable hosels I suppose.. I currently play a 2014 14* SLDR where I have the hosel set at close to 12*. If that's even correct. I have the sliding weight set favoring the draw. The FZ+ head isn't even stamped at any loft. Currently I have no idea what the stock loft of the club head is in the neutral setting. I'm at the office right now and don't have the club with me to be more detailed. However, there are eight different settings on the driver depending on (ball flight) what you're hoping to accomplish. I pulled the shaft last night to play around with it and put it back in at the 11.5 setting. What does that mean? In my mind it means 11.5* loft. But I don't think that's correct. The stock shaft my FZ+ came with is Matrix VLCT-ST 65g stiff. So that alone is probably a crap shoot. My SLDR is stock Fujikura Speeder 57g stiff and honestly it's worked out great for me. I'm somewhat worried I will not be able to obtain the same ball flight characteristics with the FZ+ as I have with my SLDR. Another reason for not buying new at retail. I should add; this is a beautiful looking driver. Gloss Black.

This weekend I'm going to get out and start seeing if I can dial this thing in. Like I've said before; it's going to be tough going for the FZ+ to get the SLDR kicked out of my bag. I'll appreciate hearing y'alls thoughts on this club and getting it setup properly. Should be interesting.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Yesterday I received my new 2015 Cobra Flyz+ driver. Technically it is used? However the company I bought it from said "you'll be hard pressed to tell it from a new one". And they were right. After carefully eyeballing it I found one small dent around the sole and a small paint chip. Both were smaller than the head of a pin. The Driver had all the original stickers on it and it's obvious it'd never struck a golf ball. So in my book it's brand spanking new.

Now here's where you guys come in.... I don't really get adjustable hosels I suppose.. I currently play a 2014 14* SLDR where I have the hosel set at close to 12*. If that's even correct. I have the sliding weight set favoring the draw. The FZ+ head isn't even stamped at any loft. Currently I have no idea what the stock loft of the club head is in the neutral setting. I'm at the office right now and don't have the club with me to be more detailed. However, there are eight different settings on the driver depending on (ball flight) what you're hoping to accomplish. I pulled the shaft last night to play around with it and put it back in at the 11.5 setting. What does that mean? In my mind it means 11.5* loft. But I don't think that's correct. The stock shaft my FZ+ came with is Matrix VLCT-ST 65g stiff. So that alone is probably a crap shoot. My SLDR is stock Fujikura Speeder 57g stiff and honestly it's worked out great for me. I'm somewhat worried I will not be able to obtain the same ball flight characteristics with the FZ+ as I have with my SLDR. Another reason for not buying new at retail. I should add; this is a beautiful looking driver. Gloss Black.

This weekend I'm going to get out and start seeing if I can dial this thing in. Like I've said before; it's going to be tough going for the FZ+ to get the SLDR kicked out of my bag. I'll appreciate hearing y'alls thoughts on this club and getting it setup properly. Should be interesting.

So Plaid, the lofts on the head correspond to the lofts marked on the shaft.Whatever loft you have showing in the window, like for you this 11.5, is the loft the head will play at. The nice part is unlike your SLDR, due to Cobra's SmartPad tech, the head sits square at whatever loft it is set too. Since you are coming over from SLDR, I would suggest you play the weight forward as that'll be closer to your SLDR.  The Draw settings at your available lofts help the club sit more upright in your hand, promoting a draw bias swing.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Shankster-

I got a full set of the Pur wedges and I love them!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Saw the bag! Glad you won the challenge. They are pretty slick looking tools!! How is the “raw” face holding up?

The raw finish is great, its got a lot of "bite" to it but without the rust....I can't do the rust on wedges way to OCD for that.

I hit a full lob wedge into a green Saturday with an OnCore Elixr and I must have spun it back 15 feet!!

The most spin I have ever gotten out of wedges.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

The raw finish is great, its got a lot of "bite" to it but without the rust....I can't do the rust on wedges way to OCD for that.

I hit a full lob wedge into a green Saturday with an OnCore Elixr and I must have spun it back 15 feet!!

The most spin I have ever gotten out of wedges.

Nice! They are out of all the lofts. I was ready to order last week! Hopefully the PGA Show brings an update/tweak but not too much to these. The plainness of them is spot on.

bergtuar... thanks for the information. when I set the FZ+ on the floor it appears to me it might be a 9*-10* loft at best. Of course that's placing it along side my SLDR. The loft on the SLDR is very noticeable.

I'm just going to have to get out for a while and tinker around with it and see if there is a setting that works for me. Assuming the shaft works too. It might not but I can try a few other shafts also.

I probably won't put the FZ+ into play until I'm confident I can hit the shots I'm used to. My SLDR is a FW machine and I'm not giving that up. If I can't get it worked out to my satisfaction I'll probably sell or trade it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

bergtuar... thanks for the information. when I set the FZ+ on the floor it appears to me it might be a 9*-10* loft at best. Of course that's placing it along side my SLDR. The loft on the SLDR is very noticeable.

I'm just going to have to get out for a while and tinker around with it and see if there is a setting that works for me. Assuming the shaft works too. It might not but I can try a few other shafts also.

I probably won't put the FZ+ into play until I'm confident I can hit the shots I'm used to. My SLDR is a FW machine and I'm not giving that up. If I can't get it worked out to my satisfaction I'll probably sell or trade it.

I have my Fly Z+ from 2015 and still love it. I was fit for it, so we were able to dial in the best setting for me at 10 degrees and with the weight flipped to the back, with a heavier and x stiff higher flight Aldila Blue shaft. I haven't messed with it since.

If you like the shaft from your SLDR, maybe consider picking one up and get an adapter if the the VLCT doesn't work out. But after playing the SLDR so well for for so long, it'll probably be hard to knock it out of your bag.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I have my Fly Z+ from 2015 and still love it. I was fit for it, so we were able to dial in the best setting for me at 10 degrees and with the weight flipped to the back, with a heavier and x stiff higher flight Aldila Blue shaft. I haven't messed with it since.

If you like the shaft from your SLDR, maybe consider picking one up and get an adapter if the the VLCT doesn't work out. But after playing the SLDR so well for for so long, it'll probably be hard to knock it out of your bag.

I've thought that about my SLDR shaft - adaptor change and I might try it at some point. I didn't pay much for the FZ+ so if it works it works and if not no biggie. I just have always thought the FZ+ was a beautiful driver and I like Cobra equipment. Even though I don't game any of it. But you're right.... the SLDR stays in the bag until something comes along I can play with equal or better confidence, accuracy and performance. It's a tall order.

Shankster-

I got a full set of the Pur wedges and I love them!

How do they compare to other wedges that you've gamed?

What do you love about them?

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Nice! They are out of all the lofts. I was ready to order last week! Hopefully the PGA Show brings an update/tweak but not too much to these. The plainness of them is spot on.

I know for sure they will offered in Black this year.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Any more cobra info??

Or pictures of the Wedges??

No sorry. I should know more right before the pga show?

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Just got good news from cobra. PÅ«R Wedges will be restocked after Feb 11th!

Restocked with Black. ;)

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Those MBs and CBs are from 2016. In fact, the black MBs are what Rickie has been gaming the past 2 years

And that wedge is the king wedge from 2016, not the Pur wedge you've been lusting over

Look at the Amp Cell Pro and the Fly Z Pro. Same irons for the most part, just graphics/logo. I'd guess they are at least very similar to what is on that site.

Offering black DG's or C-Tapers and the Arccos...

I have those wedges in chrome. If they didn't change a thing and made them black I'd still probably upgrade.

Yeah, it really looks like all the changed is the paintfill color from orange to grey.  Rickie is gaming the protos already and there's barely any orange in them.

They look EXTREMELY similar to the 2016s.  The only other substantial difference is it looks like a port hole in the toe for where they inserted tungsten.

Curious to see how they market these