• Justin Rose
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Brooks Koepka
    • Henrik Stenson
    • Rory Mcilroy
    • Tiger Woods
    • Other

Patrick Reed.

He's been saying he's Top 5 in the world... Of course he'll finally live-up to this!

Or Poulter...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:lol:  :lol: This is true! 

• Like 2

Fleetwood does have a good move!

Alex Noren, Thomas Pieters and Matthew Fitzpatrick are 3 that most Americans forget about as well that have nice swings and can really play. All those guys seem to be locks over the next 10-15 years. 

I certainly don't overlook those guys, had each of them in my Fantasy lineup multiple times last year.  But unfortunately never at the right time..ha  But I really like all their games!

• Like 1

I certainly don't overlook those guys, had each of them in my Fantasy lineup multiple times last year.  But unfortunately never at the right time..ha  But I really like all their games!

I sorta had trouble with them too. Except for Pieters at the Masters. I nailed that one. 

• Like 2

What I'm taking from this Thread is how much young & older talent is out there right now. Many golfers have been mentioned (Jon Rahm ?) and they all can be great. Golf is in a good place right now and it's going to be a great year.

Ryder Cup should be fun also

I sorta had trouble with them too. Except for Pieters at the Masters. I nailed that one.

There is a guy on the challenge tour Daan Huizing. He has an interesting swing. Hopefully he can make it to the EuropeanTour, he'd be fun to watch as well. I think he has been on one of the YT guys channels from time to time.

Sent from a Galaxy Far...Far...Away...

There is a guy on the challenge tour Daan Huizing. He has an interesting swing. Hopefully he can make it to the EuropeanTour, he'd be fun to watch as well. I think he has been on one of the YT guys channels from time to time.

Sent from a Galaxy Far...Far...Away...

I know the name and just googled the swing. Very smooth action. 

Yall be on the lookout for Cameron Champ btw. The kid makes DJ looks like he hits it like Spieth. 

• Like 2

I know the name and just googled the swing. Very smooth action. 

Yall be on the lookout for Cameron Champ btw. The kid makes DJ looks like he hits it like Spieth. 

I saw him somewhere this year, was it in the NCAA's or US Amatuer, but he was murdering the ball, just unreal!

I also look for Peter Uihlein to take a really big step this year and become a constant contender!

• Like 1

I cannot believe that I'm the first to get in on the Battering Rahm. If golfers were stocks, I'd invest everything I had in Jon.

• Like 2

I cannot believe that I'm the first to get in on the Battering Rahm. If golfers were stocks, I'd invest everything I had in Jon.

I mentioned a while back that I was questioning why Jon wasn't a first round pick. Even though I like him I've got Rickie as my pick. There's just too much talent, should be an entertaining 2018

Fleetwood does have a good move!

Alex Noren, Thomas Pieters and Matthew Fitzpatrick are 3 that most Americans forget about as well that have nice swings and can really play. All those guys seem to be locks over the next 10-15 years. 

Also consider Marc Leishman.  If he could stop having one bad hole in a tournament...

• Like 4

Rose. He's on fire right now and I see him winning a few times on tour this season.

• Like 3

Rose. He's on fire right now and I see him winning a few times on tour this season.

When people pick the hot hand I just think of Hideki last year being hot in the beginning then snuffing out in the middle of the year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I don't think I've seen it called here yet but I'm going with Henrik Stenson. I just love the way he plays.

He's consistently near the top of the leaderboard and that's generally what it takes to get to #1. He just needs to pop a major and another tournament or two to take it.

• Like 2

I don't think I've seen it called here yet but I'm going with Henrik Stenson. I just love the way he plays.

He's consistently near the top of the leaderboard and that's generally what it takes to get to #1. He just needs to pop a major and another tournament or two to take it.

Henrik is a good all around guy with game and an awesome sense of humor. Good pick!

• Like 2

His putter holds him back though, that seems to be the key is good putting keeps you close to the top.

• Like 1

When people pick the hot hand I just think of Hideki last year being hot in the beginning then snuffing out in the middle of the year.

True but Rose has a major and gold medal. Hideki had some chances last year and couldn't close the deal. Jimmy Walker has been a guy who starts off hot and then fizzles. You might be right, but we will see. That's the fun part!

• Like 4

Putting is the great equalizer!  Everyone, even the best players in the world, have days when ball striking, touch, distance control, feel, alignment, etc. are a bit off.  Putting is rarely ever off for the bast putters in the world and it's always there for them to rely on.  Matsuyama doesn't have that reliably within his arsenal.  That puts more pressure on his overall game to be more consistent which leads to the occasional blow-up round.

That's one reason why I voted for Spieth along with his tenacity and drive to be better.  I think he will experience a certain added motivation from Justin Thomas' 2017 season as well.

• Like 1

I'm with RTracymog on this one. I think the ball strikers have a better shot at #1 than the good putters. Out of the top 15, how many of them are "bad" ball strikers? Koepka is the lowest ranked player SG tee to green last year at 58th in the OWGR top 15 and I consider him a very good ball striker. 

On the other hand, "bad" putters in the OWGR top 15 include(SGputting): Pual Casey(75), DJ(81), Rose(123), Rory(140), Sergio(168), and Hideki(173).

Most of the OWGR top 15 range anywhere from 35-55 in SG putting while all are pretty solid ball strikers. In fact the only ones who were in the top 35 in putting were Rickie(2) and Koepka(12). 

• Like 2

Putting is the great equalizer!  Everyone, even the best players in the world, have days when ball striking, touch, distance control, feel, alignment, etc. are a bit off.  Putting is rarely ever off for the bast putters in the world and it's always there for them to rely on.  Matsuyama doesn't have that reliably within his arsenal.  That puts more pressure on his overall game to be more consistent which leads to the occasional blow-up round.

That's one reason why I voted for Spieth along with his tenacity and drive to be better.  I think he will experience a certain added motivation from Justin Thomas' 2017 season as well.

I would say that Spieth had an off day putting yesterday, and he is at the bottom of the leaderboard.  However, having played Kapalua, that course will embarrass even the best of putters, especially if it's windy.

• Like 1