Middler

The Next Generation of Snell Golf Balls

I think Snell has jumped the shark with this one. I see no benefit to joining this “club”. $500 to break even like Golfspy Meyer already said. And I get 1st access to a product no one but us diehards knows about? Hard pass.

And this is coming from someone who played the MTB and bragged about it to anyone who would listen at my club. Disappointed in the direction they seem to be going.

I guess it depends how many golf balls you buy in a year, but yeah I'm not personally seeing the value. For those wondering I pasted the benefits along with my personal thoughts on each one below. Sounds like this is a lot like a boat. I don't want to own a boat, I just want a good friend to own a boat and invite me boating. I don't want to join the VIP program, but I want a friend to do it and give me a discount card :)

The Snell VIP Players Program is $50 Annually and includes the following:

• 10% OFF ALL Golf Ball Purchases

(Including Value Packs) Need to buy $500 worth of balls to break even

• Exclusive Deals Like what???
  • 1st Access to Limited Edition Product I don't see product selling out that fast
  • Invitation to our VIP Facebook Group for inside access to Dean and our team. Kind of cool, also kind of Bombtech-y
  • VIP Players Pack: Personalized Bag Tag, Poker Chips, Snell Golf Tees,

VIP discount cards to hand out to friends, and more. Also kind of cool, but a couple bucks worth of schwag isn't worth my $50

Dang. 10% is all they're offering? When I sold baseball equipment, the owner only authorized me to knock up to 10% off items and customers would laugh in my face when I'd try to act like that was a good deal.

If Snell produced more than balls, this might end up being something useful. Like, if Callaway or TM had a membership program like this, people would be all over it.

The only good value I see here is if a handful of guys went in together on it to buy a crap load of balls. Even then, that limited edition product better be free.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the VIP wasn't worth it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks like the details are out for the Black and Red. Black now has a 7% softer core, Red is 4-pc and comes in yellow:

MTB BLACK

$31.99

The Next Generation of our Original MTB

• 3-piece construction with 360 dimple pattern
  • Urethane cover providing short game control, excellent feel and durability
  • NEW  7% lower Compression Core maximizing distances by lowering spin off the Driver.

Conforms to USGA standards and are legal for tournament play. 
(USGA List as of 2/1/2018)

MTB RED

$31.99

Introducing MTB RED:

• 4-piece construction with 338 dimple pattern
  • Urethane cover providing short game control, excellent feel and durability
  • NEW outer mantle layer increasing spin on short irons for approach shots
  • Our Dual-Feel Technology, providing a bit firmer feel on longer shots while continuing MTB's soft feel on short shots.

THESE ARE PRE-SALE! 
ORDERS OF MTB RED EXPECTED TO SHIP FEBRUARY 15th!

Conforms to USGA standards and are legal for tournament play. 

• Like 2

I don't care that I may not be good for a 4 piece ball....yellow!

• Like 1

Definitely going to give the MTB Red a chance to knock the TP5x out of the bag.

• Like 1

So I hear the distance on the black is longer than the OG MTB. not a bad thing. I am excited.

Dean,

Can we get a sample pack with two black sleeves and one white and one yellow sleeve of the Red?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Before reading the posts here I was off and on about the VIP program but hearing your comments I'm rethinking position on the program.

Am excited about the new balls though. Need to burn through my current Snell stash first before I go get some more. Will get the test pack and give them a try.

This is what I was waiting for. I gather the Red will be the higher trajectory ball. I'll be buying 6 dozen soon (prob Black), played the MTB almost exclusively least season, great ball!

55E027D4-5FC4-40D0-858C-572151C498C9.jpeg

So I hear the distance on the black is longer than the OG MTB. not a bad thing. I am excited.

Dean,

Can we get a sample pack with two black sleeves and one white and one yellow sleeve of the Red?

Sampler is available that has 2 sleeves of each. I'll give them a shot to kick the Tour B out, but it'll be tough, and I doubt the red does it, the black is most-likely what I would choose on paper. With all things though, on paper means jack, gotta test!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The Black looks right up my alley if they have cut the spin off the driver from the MTB.

Still think the VIP thing is goofy though unless they add something to the mix.