Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Mark Crossfield Signs Club Deal with Titleist

null

Controversy gets you clicks, he's milking it hard, but riding things until the wheels fall off is his forte - #7 #getupdan lovely boy music, etc. I don't even watch his swing tip vlogs anymore because they're always the same messages, most commonly the idea of shallowing the club. I was excited about the Titleist deal and I still am, because I'm hoping it brings some fresh content. Coming up with new stuff almost daily has to be hard - I pretty much only watch him to see Rory suck, and watching people golf when I can't play is fun.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Controversy gets you clicks, he's milking it hard, but riding things until the wheels fall off is his forte - #7 #getupdan lovely boy music, etc. I don't even watch his swing tip vlogs anymore because they're always the same messages, most commonly the idea of shallowing the club. I was excited about the Titleist deal and I still am, because I'm hoping it brings some fresh content. Coming up with new stuff almost daily has to be hard - I pretty much only watch him to see Rory suck, and watching people golf when I can't play is fun.

Same here. I mainly watch for the course vlogs now.

I do like his his philosophy about the swing that there is no perfect swing and that face/path at impact is what truly matters.

I honestly think only does club reviews still because it's easy clicks/viewers. Hell, he even admitted during his 'Top 5 Drivers of the Year" that the only reason he was doing that video was for views and because it's what the landscape of viewers wants to see, for some reason

Same here. I mainly watch for the course vlogs now.

I do like his his philosophy about the swing that there is no perfect swing and that face/path at impact is what truly matters.

I honestly think only does club reviews still because it's easy clicks/viewers. Hell, he even admitted during his 'Top 5 Drivers of the Year" that the only reason he was doing that video was for views and because it's what the landscape of viewers wants to see, for some reason

Definitely!

I don't have an issue with Mark signing a sponsership. He has always said that you should go test for yourself and not completely rely on his results. If that doesn't change good for him getting some extra money for his historical efforts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sean - New Lenox,IL Play RH HDC 7

What's in the Bag:

Driver Callaway Great Big Bertha

Fairway Nike Vapor Fly

Hybrid Nike VR-S Covert 2 Tour

Irons/Wedges:Callaway Apex Pro 16

Volkey SM5 50/55/60 degree

Putter Benttinardi Studio B

I like Mark Crossfeild, his reviews in the past have been wonderful and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  I get that he still has the ability to give unbiased reviews and maybe that will not change either.  

But with him receiving money from a company (Great for him) his subjectivity can and unfortunately will be questioned from here on out.  

From watching years of reviews I have always viewed him as a Mizuno guy at least irons wise, watching his new WITB video made me laugh.  In that video it appears he took his "unbias view" away.  The putter made me question him the most...He now switched to a Scotty (which if its free...would be very tempting) from the classic versa odyssey 9 that he has praised in years of videos because the color combo frames the ball to a Monterrey sc (i think)  He then goes on about how he now prefers a firm putter to an insert.(the odyssey 9 model that he has played for years has an insert and typically Odyssey has relied on Inserts for a majority of their putter lines.

In this video he also stated that he has to be unbiased because he still has an old ping hybrid in his bag after the fitting.  

Ok, sorry for the rant but Crossfeild is showing how unbiased he is by the constant berating of Taylormade...

What's in my bag?

Driver:   :taylormade-small: 2016 M1 - 9.5 w/ Fujikura Pro(S)

3 Wood:  TEE E8 - 15* w/ fujikura Pro (S)

Hybrid:   :adams-small: Super XTD- 17* w/ Fujikura Pro (s)

Hybrid:   :adams-small: Red- 21* w/ Matrix Altus Pro (s)

Irons:    :taylormade-small: Speedblades - 4-P w/ KBS 90 (S)

Wedges:   :cleveland-small:   CBX RTX  - 52, w/ DG (W)

Wedges:   :cleveland-small:   Smart Sole  - 58, w/ DG (W)

Putter: Heavy Putter-  A3m -Golf Pride Tour SNSR midsize pistol

Ball(s) :wilson_staff_small: Duospin

If you are a company, do you really want to be sending your product to someone who is getting paid to use a competitor's product?

I understand both sides here, but I think Crossfield is complaining a bit too much about it. He made a decision for money. Plain and simple. And good for him.

But to then go out and complain about other golf companies not sending you stuff because you're being paid by another golf company just doesn't sit well with me.

If MGS was getting tons of ad money from Ping and all the MGS employees got free Ping gear we're supposed to believe that there's no change to their testing integrity?

There's a reason MGS doesn't accept ad dollars from major OEMs

agree 100% conflict of interest

Bags

It can't not have an effect on his reviews. It's a clear conflict of interest. Him trying to deny it is crap. I'd like to see him come out and say "this Titleist iron just doesn't perform"...

But it'll never happen.

I've unfollowed him after his hissy fit about Taylormade. I've had enough of it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I think both sides are being petty. Not sure you should sign a sponsor deal with one company if you are going to do reviews of other companies clubs.....I'm not saying he will be biased....but there will always be people that question his reviews based on the sponsorship.

As far as TM goes....they should provide gear to credible reviewers...period.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I'm still watching Crossfield (not club reviews, they were never what I was most interested in), but I'd agree he's overdoing the TM bashing now. He's in danger of losing a big chunk of audience, hope the Titleist checks make up the difference...

And while I enjoy the outdoors on course stuff, the golf with his buddies vids seem like all inside jokes we're not in on. Finch may become even more interesting to me. And I enjoy Golfholics, especially in winter when I can't play myself.

Funny, I just subscribed to Finch last night.  If Crossfield keeps up the snarky TM shots, especially in his non-equipment related course vlogs, then I will be unfollowing him

I'm still watching Crossfield (not club reviews, they were never what I was most interested in), but I'd agree he's overdoing the TM bashing now. He's in danger of losing a big chunk of audience, hope the Titleist checks make up the difference...

And while I enjoy the outdoors on course stuff, the golf with his buddies vids seem like all inside jokes we're not in on. Finch may become even more interesting to me. And I enjoy Golfholics, especially in winter when I can't play myself.

Funny, I just subscribed to Finch last night.  If Crossfield keeps up the snarky TM shots, especially in his non-equipment related course vlogs, then I will be unfollowing him

I watch all of the UK golf vlogger guys - Rick Sheils, Finch, Andy Carter, Matt Fryer, and Crossfield. Shiels is still my favorite, with the rest of them (aside from Crossfield) all coming in tied for 2nd. They are fun to watch and all great golfers, and they don't go full retard on the course with their banter/jokes. I watch Crossfield because he puts content out more regularly, so when I'm bored I know there's a high probability that there will be a Crossfield video for me to watch. Like I said before I mostly watch to see Rory blow a hole with a stroke on the group, or to see Lockey smoke a drive 150y straight, and 175y right :lol: The entertainment value for me comes from seeing them have fun, sometimes MC takes it too far with the giggling and stuff, but seeing them have fun is what keeps me tied over until I can play again.

Golfholics make amazing videos, their production value is top notch IMO. I just hate seeing that swoop... functional, but Jesus -- it's ugly. If you watch the channel you know what I mean. Mike's a hell of a golfer though, and that's what matters most.

Archived