TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Forum and Site Beginnings.

Golfspy_CG2

I posted in my 4,000 post thread earlier today, how I didn't join the site until summer of 2016, despite first being aware of golf forums going back to around 2004 or 2005.

From what I can tell, it appears Adam (GolfSpy_X) started things in the summer of 2009. Then several guys including Foz, Barbs and others joined in the Spring of 2010.

So how did it get started? Did you early guys know each other from other endeavors and joined at once ?

I'm curios and sure some others are as well to the origins of it all!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

CG2, great question- especially for some of us late comers- I have learned a great deal in my first year, met some great folks virtually, even better folks in person, and have gotten a few rounds in with some super spies- awesome considering the otherwise lack of human interaction on a virtual network.

Looking forward to making the MB trip a reality, (still working date/ time stuff, but should be do-able) and want to get a few rounds in with you and the rest of the MD/VA/DC crowd before then... right now I feel like we are so far away from playing... this polar vortex needs to go away...

Happy New Year, BTW, and looking forward to more great things to come!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Reading some MGS history would be cool!  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this what the Adam Beach story (part 1) was all about?

Basically, he wanted to start an online pro shop way before that was a thing. Then got fed up with some of the industry practices and started a no BS product review website.

I think it was Toney (not 100%) that had his own website as well as Adam pulled him in as employee 1a. Then the staff just expanded from there through existing connections and open interviews as the company grew.

As far as I can tell, the forum came in later once the audience got to a decent size and remained respectable for a few years until they started forum member product testing and the whole thing exploded. Throw in the advent of "Most Wanted" in 2015-2016 and MGS was off to the races.

This is all the information I could deduce from my archaeologist digging. Hopefully it's reasonably close to what actually happened.

Then here's the link to the discussion about the Adam Beach story.

"I don't know any other way" -- The Adam Beach Story, Parts 1 and 2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/21292-%22I-don%27t-know-any-other-way%22----The-Adam-Beach-Story%2C-Parts-1-and-2

4f1fa95f04e6307ebdd51d2a48dc50ffa4f3a2cb

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Thanks for reposting that Stud. I remember reading it but forgot it was out there.

It explains how he had the idea and the philosophy behind the company and site.

But would still be curious on how the original forum section got started. Alot of these guys were spread across the country, as are most now.

But would love to hear the take of from going live with the site and the forming of the forum afterword.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

From what I can tell Foz and Rev were among the very first group of members. Would be very interested in hearing their perspective.

Thanks for posting the link - I never knew the story.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Asking me to think back a long ways. I joined the site in Jan. 2012 but never really participated. Have been a member of other forums since the early 2000s. How did I find MGS? I think Adam ran a component golf website because I remember one being in Yorktown back when I would look at component clubs and there was probably a link to MGS from that site. At least that is what I recall from the deep recesses of my mind. May have to ask Adam if I am remembering correctly when I see him again.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I found this a while back. It's a good read.

https://mygolfspy.com/why-i-became-a-golf-spy/

You're welcome.

Interesting as well, that one definitely goes back a ways.  

• SPY VIP

I posted in my 4,000 post thread earlier today, how I didn't join the site until summer of 2016, despite first being aware of golf forums going back to around 2004 or 2005.

From what I can tell, it appears Adam (GolfSpy_X) started things in the summer of 2009. Then several guys including Foz, Barbs and others joined in the Spring of 2010.

So how did it get started? Did you early guys know each other from other endeavors and joined at once ?

I'm curios and sure some others are as well to the origins of it all!

Happy to answer this one.  Just want to make sure I am answering the correct question.  Are you asking me how I started the whole site? Or just the forum part? Or not asking me at all and asking others how they got here?

#TruthDigest

Happy to answer this one. Just want to make sure I am answering the correct question. Are you asking me how I started the whole site? Or just the forum part? Or not asking me at all and asking others how they got here?

Always like to hear your story Tell us all of those things And I want to know if I am remembering correctly about you running a component company out of you house. I know there was one back in the day, just not sure if it was run by you.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Happy to answer this one.  Just want to make sure I am answering the correct question.  Are you asking me how I started the whole site? Or just the forum part? Or not asking me at all and asking others how they got here?

Thanks Adam, I think from the two links that Stud and Shankster posted, we get a great understanding on what you wanted to--and have accomplished--and it's a cool story.  Everything from having your design stolen---ok not cool--but informative, to breaking down all the non-truths of the industry.

So in interest of your time, I'd like to hear what some of the content was on the day you went "live" with the site, and then also how/where the initial forum members came from and found the site.  Did you have a small or large group of guys/ladies you knew who began the forum discussions to start, or did they just find you via the WWW?

Thanks. 

Honestly I can't remember how I found the site at first.  It was either an email I signed up for or just googling golf gear and found it.  There was a blog and it showed some cool spy pics of unreleased product.  Then I realized there was a forum so started poking around on that.  There were some cool product give aways to get it rolling and since the membership was low it seemed like a good chance of winning some stuff.  I never did win, but the guys were great to talk to so I stuck around.  It still took me a couple months before I actually joined, I think it was winter of 2010 when some guys had already been around for a few months.

So while it was earlier, I'm guessing it's the same story as for a lot of our members.  I got brought in by the prospect of getting some free gear and quickly realized this place is amazing and the membership is different than any other golf forum.  The people here is the reason I stuck around and as it kept getting bigger and better I just wanted to be a part of it.  So I emailed Adam and asked if I could help in any way, I just wanted to be a part of it.  I volunteered as a Mod for about a year and now here we are as forum director.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Been around the site as a resource for many years.  I can't say when but would say somewhere in the 2011-2012 timeframe.  Never knew there was a forum.  Thought it was more of a blog.  I had always thought it was a great site with a different angle than what was currently out there.  Dropped golf for 2 years after my 2nd was born and got back into in the summer, which is when I found the site again.

Didn't get to the actual forum until I got back to the site.  Obviously was surprised and glad to find something that wasn't like other sites.  More down to earth, not pompous or jumping at the chance to talk about how awesome they are at golf.

Much appreciate the site and everyone that makes it what it is.  

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

• SPY VIP

As mentioned in the story it was an online retail outlet. Actually one of the first. ChipShot.com and IGoGolf.com beat me to the punch by a little bit from being the guy that got arrows in my back.

It sold name brand and direct comparison components side by side. So, if you wanted Titleist we had that, if you wanted something that was custom fit and looked similar to Titleist we had that option as well. We believed in a couple things: fitting every customer and answering every phone call on the first ring.  My first order came from AUS at 4AM and we made sure to take the call. It was exciting times for a 20-something kid who thought sleep was for wussies. That came back to haunt me later. FACT: you need sleep. Unfortunately.

I sold that business because I saw early on that the quicker product life-cycles were going to destroy my market. The custom club building made up the majority of our business and the distinct price advantage was going to wither away quickly.  Especially when a almost brand new Taylormade driver you could now get for $199.  Why buy custom built for $149 when you can get name brand for only $50 more?  I know why you would, but others I knew wouldn't.  

So, I sold that business.

Got sick. Spent some time in some hospitals for a couple years then got back at it once I was on the mend. I was looking for not only what I thought would be the opportunities in the market at the time but also what fit with my moral compass.  So, I did some focus group studies to find out what golfers wanted. They told me in the masses that they wanted someone to cut thru the BS.  That fit my moral compass to a T. So, I started MyGolfSpy the main site first and a vertical search engine called GolfCranium and also an Amatuer Golf Tour.  They were all going to connect in purpose a year or so down the road, but MGS quickly took up all my time and energy.  So, I sold my tour and followed my gut which said this was most important so this is where I went. 

During all that I was also designing golf equipment. I love it, but once again this is much more important. Once of these days if the career plan works out the design part will come back to life.  But this time it will be all about performance and affordability not looks.  Think Most Wanted Driver for $99.

I never ever wanted to start a forum to be completely honest. I hated them. I looked around the landscape and saw a lot of grown men acting like children on the other options out at the time. I wanted nothing to do with it.  But as we grew so did our readers voices.  They wanted a place to hang their hats.  So I reached out to those that ran other forums to find out what made them the way the were (bickering and fighting) and aid to myself if and only if I thought I could fix this I would make one.  What I came up with was incredibly simple but I still think what makes our forum so different. It is the lack of "rules".  All the other forums had rules which all failed every day.  You had to actually hire moderators to make people follow them EVERY DAY.  Think about that. I was not going to babysit grown ass men.  So I came up with "Moral Codes" instead.  This put the ownership on the individual and not the site. We have moderators too, they just don't spend their time policing others.  They do things to provide value to our members. The site polices itself.

It is not our brand.  And if you don't fit our brand, well this won't feel like home to you. And that's the way we like it.  I would rather have 60,000 great members than 200,000 bad ones.  This isn't about doing it to get big, this is about doing it to be right.  And if that gets big well great.  If not, well I will be more than happy to walk away with my head high.  

Basically that is how it started.  Plus a massive contest to keep it from being a ghost town on launch day, actually launch month.  That contest was insane.  I never want to do that again, but it needed to be done to create the community we have now, so I did it. At that is the basics of how this started.  

Always like to hear your story Tell us all of those things And I want to know if I am remembering correctly about you running a component company out of you house. I know there was one back in the day, just not sure if it was run by you.

#TruthDigest

Been around the site as a resource for many years.  I can't say when but would say somewhere in the 2011-2012 timeframe.  Never knew there was a forum.  Thought it was more of a blog.  I had always thought it was a great site with a different angle than what was currently out there.  Dropped golf for 2 years after my 2nd was born and got back into in the summer, which is when I found the site again.

Didn't get to the actual forum until I got back to the site.  Obviously was surprised and glad to find something that wasn't like other sites.  More down to earth, not pompous or jumping at the chance to talk about how awesome they are at golf.

Much appreciate the site and everyone that makes it what it is.  

Cool!!  Glad you found your way back here after the layoff.  It definitely is a different vibe.  I think about all the time I spent on other sites, and don't get me wrong some of what they do is good but too much of it, just became too much.   

MGS and the members/staff here seem to have it down just right!

As mentioned in the story it was an online retail outlet. Actually one of the first. ChipShot.com and IGoGolf.com beat me to the punch by a little bit from being the guy that got arrows in my back.

It sold name brand and direct comparison components side by side. So, if you wanted Titleist we had that, if you wanted something that was custom fit and looked similar to Titleist we had that option as well. We believed in a couple things: fitting every customer and answering every phone call on the first ring.  My first order came from AUS at 4AM and we made sure to take the call. It was exciting times for a 20-something kid who thought sleep was for wussies. That came back to haunt me later. FACT: you need sleep. Unfortunately.

I sold that business because I saw early on that the quicker product life-cycles were going to destroy my market. The custom club building made up the majority of our business and the distinct price advantage was going to wither away quickly.  Especially when a almost brand new Taylormade driver you could now get for $199.  Why buy custom built for $149 when you can get name brand for only $50 more?  I know why you would, but others I knew wouldn't.  

Got sick. Spent some time in some hospitals for a couple years then got back at it once I was on the mend. I was looking for not only what I thought would be the opportunities in the market at the time but also what fit with my moral compass.  So, I did some focus group studies to find out what golfers wanted. They told me in the masses that they wanted someone to cut thru the BS.  That fit my moral compass to a T. So, I started MyGolfSpy the main site first and a vertical search engine called GolfCranium and also an Amatuer Golf Tour.  They were all going to connect in purpose a year or so down the road, but MGS quickly took up all my time and energy.  So, I sold my tour and followed my gut which said this was most important so this is where I went. 

During all that I was also designing golf equipment. I love it, but once again this is much more important. Once of these days if the career plan works out the design part will come back to life.  But this time it will be all about performance and affordability not looks.  Think Most Wanted Driver for $99.

I never ever wanted to start a forum to be completely honest. I hated them. I looked around the landscape and saw a lot of grown men acting like children on the other options out at the time. I wanted nothing to do with it.  But as we grew so did our readers voices.  They wanted a place to hang their hats.  So I reached out to those that ran other forums to find out what made them the way the were (bickering and fighting) and aid to myself if and only if I thought I could fix this I would make one.  What I came up with was incredibly simple but I still think what makes our forum so different. It is the lack of "rules".  All the other forums had rules which all failed every day.  You had to actually hire moderators to make people follow them EVERY DAY.  Think about that. I was not going to babysit grown ass men.  So I came up with "Moral Codes" instead.  This put the ownership on the individual and not the site. We have moderators too, they just don't spend their time policing others.  They do things to provide value to our members. The site polices itself.

It is not our brand.  And if you don't fit our brand, well this won't feel like home to you. And that's the way we like it.  I would rather have 60,000 great members than 200,000 bad ones.  This isn't about doing it to get big, this is about doing it to be right.  And if that gets big well great.  If not, well I will be more than happy to walk away with my head high.  

Basically that is how it started.  Plus a massive contest to keep it from being a ghost town on launch day, actually launch month.  That contest was insane.  I never want to do that again, but it needed to be done to create the community we have now, so I did it. At that is the basics of how this started.  

Having not met you in person--yet-- but just knowing from a virtual standpoint how you are cut, I can see this thought in your mind clearly.  But it's a testament to the people you reached out to and the way you moved forward with it, that you have succeeded in establishing one that can sit well with what you believe. 

Thanks for taking the time to tell us the story!!

It sold name brand and direct comparison components side by side. So, if you wanted Titleist we had that, if you wanted something that was custom fit and looked similar to Titleist we had that option as well. We believed in a couple things: fitting every customer and answering every phone call on the first ring. My first order came from AUS at 4AM and we made sure to take the call. It was exciting times for a 20-something kid who thought sleep was for wussies. That came back to haunt me later. FACT: you need sleep. Unfortunately.

I sold that business because I saw early on that the quicker product life-cycles were going to destroy my market. The custom club building made up the majority of our business and the distinct price advantage was going to wither away quickly. Especially when a almost brand new Taylormade driver you could now get for $199. Why buy custom built for $149 when you can get name brand for only $50 more? I know why you would, but others I knew wouldn't.

Got sick. Spent some time in some hospitals for a couple years then got back at it once I was on the mend. I was looking for not only what I thought would be the opportunities in the market at the time but also what fit with my moral compass. So, I did some focus group studies to find out what golfers wanted. They told me in the masses that they wanted someone to cut thru the BS. That fit my moral compass to a T. So, I started MyGolfSpy the main site first and a vertical search engine called GolfCranium and also an Amatuer Golf Tour. They were all going to connect in purpose a year or so down the road, but MGS quickly took up all my time and energy. So, I sold my tour and followed my gut which said this was most important so this is where I went.

During all that I was also designing golf equipment. I love it, but once again this is much more important. Once of these days if the career plan works out the design part will come back to life. But this time it will be all about performance and affordability not looks. Think Most Wanted Driver for $99.

I never ever wanted to start a forum to be completely honest. I hated them. I looked around the landscape and saw a lot of grown men acting like children on the other options out at the time. I wanted nothing to do with it. But as we grew so did our readers voices. They wanted a place to hang their hats. So I reached out to those that ran other forums to find out what made them the way the were (bickering and fighting) and aid to myself if and only if I thought I could fix this I would make one. What I came up with was incredibly simple but I still think what makes our forum so different. It is the lack of "rules". All the other forums had rules which all failed every day. You had to actually hire moderators to make people follow them EVERY DAY. Think about that. I was not going to babysit grown ass men. So I came up with "Moral Codes" instead. This put the ownership on the individual and not the site. We have moderators too, they just don't spend their time policing others. They do things to provide value to our members. The site polices itself.

It is not our brand. And if you don't fit our brand, well this won't feel like home to you. And that's the way we like it. I would rather have 60,000 great members than 200,000 bad ones. This isn't about doing it to get big, this is about doing it to be right. And if that gets big well great. If not, well I will be more than happy to walk away with my head high.

Basically that is how it started. Plus a massive contest to keep it from being a ghost town on launch day, actually launch month. That contest was insane. I never want to do that again, but it needed to be done to create the community we have now, so I did it. At that is the basics of how this started.

Great story - thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• SPY VIP

"Plus a massive contest to keep it from being a ghost town on launch day, actually launch month.  That contest was insane."

Now that was a good time. Posting and making threads while my son had a birthday party in the park. What year was that? How long ago?

Hey kids, get off my damn lawn!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Interesting comment from Adam about the lack of need for heavy-handed moderators: I don't have the time I would like to spend here, but just assumed I have missed some sparring/meltdowns that required intervention. If not, that is a great testament to the self-policing. Kudos to all involved! I have been a part of two complete forum meltdowns in the mid 2000's that never recovered to the best of my knowledge.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

At that is the basics of how this started.

Thanks for the details and I am glad to have had an opportunity to be part of the community and the tester group.

"Plus a massive contest to keep it from being a ghost town on launch day, actually launch month.  That contest was insane."

Now that was a good time. Posting and making threads while my son had a birthday party in the park. What year was that? How long ago?

Hey kids, get off my damn lawn!

I am not sure, but it seems to me I may have recalled seeing something about this crazy contest, as much as I am online with golf stuff and if it was done during 2010 when it appears most members joined, I was very active at the time on WRX, so I may have just not been looking much.  Would love to hear any more about it that you wanted to share.   On just how crazy it was and it what it involved. 

Interesting comment from Adam about the lack of need for heavy-handed moderators: I don't have the time I would like to spend here, but just assumed I have missed some sparring/meltdowns that required intervention. If not, that is a great testament to the self-policing. Kudos to all involved! I have been a part of two complete forum meltdowns in the mid 2000's that never recovered to the best of my knowledge.

In my 18 months here, I've yet to see ONE instance of anything out of line.   And I'm on here pretty frequently.  Well except for when I think it was DLK tried to get Shankster to change his name..that was entertaining for a day or two, but both moved on from it without any permanent scars, i believe  :D

Thanks for sharing Adam!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I seem to remember a few issues that popped up just about the time I joined.  Not sure what happened, but I do remember that things were handled very professionally and I haven't seen anything but friendly bantering since.  Kudos to the site mods.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks Adam for the insight.  That's quite a journey and no doubt you are a dream chaser.  The good thing is we are lucky to have found MGS and enjoy what you and your staff have built.  As for the forum, there's no doubt (in my mind) it will grow for all the right reasons and the best one is searching for the truth. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• SPY VIP

I am not sure, but it seems to me I may have recalled seeing something about this crazy contest, as much as I am online with golf stuff and if it was done during 2010 when it appears most members joined, I was very active at the time on WRX, so I may have just not been looking much.  Would love to hear any more about it that you wanted to share.   On just how crazy it was and it what it involved. 

Basically, it was a contest for the most posts in the month of March, 2010. There were a few of us who went for it full bore. I may be the only one of that initial group still around. Maybe Nic (MmBuddy). Prizes were spectacular. Full bags of gear from multiple manufacturers. I was the overall winner, but it took basically 24/7 forum attention.

I remember the keyboard rage in thinking that "I agree" posts should not count toward the total. :D

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Basically, it was a contest for the most posts in the month of March, 2010. There were a few of us who went for it full bore. I may be the only one of that initial group still around. Maybe Nic (MmBuddy). Prizes were spectacular. Full bags of gear from multiple manufacturers. I was the overall winner, but it took basically 24/7 forum attention.

I remember the keyboard rage in thinking that "I agree" posts should not count toward the total. :D

So I take it you agreed with a lot of opinions that month?

What was your winning number? I'm gonna guess it took at least 1000

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

OK, that is sounding very familiar to me, I think somehow I may have stumbled on it or seen something about it and then saw what it was going to take--as Adam said it best--sleep is for wussies, and knowing I wouldn't have a chance. So I never joined or pursued it.   My mistake!!

So I take it you agreed with a lot of opinions that month?

What was your winning number? I'm gonna guess it took at least 1000

Oh, I'm thinking you're way low, somehow I'm going to guess it was something closer to 10,000 maybe over 300 posts a day.   i could be completely off track here.  But it was a crazy number. 

Archived