TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Forum and Site Beginnings.

Golfspy_CG2

Oh, I'm thinking you're way low, somehow I'm going to guess it was something closer to 10,000 maybe over 300 posts a day. i could be completely off track here. But it was a crazy number.

Were the post counts reset after the contest? Dave is only at 6600 total.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

OK, that is sounding very familiar to me, I think somehow I may have stumbled on it or seen something about it and then saw what it was going to take--as Adam said it best--sleep is for wussies, and knowing I wouldn't have a chance. So I never joined or pursued it.   My mistake!!

Oh, I'm thinking you're way low, somehow I'm going to guess it was something closer to 10,000 maybe over 300 posts a day.   i could be completely off track here.  But it was a crazy number. 

Ok, My fingers got a bit ahead of my brain there.  It couldn't possibly have been that high as we know that Rev is the top poster for all time and he's at 8,000.  so I was a bit over enthusiastic...ha  Dang, maybe I should have entered, I would have had a chance. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Were the post counts reset after the contest? Dave is only at 6600 total.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

yeah, see my above post.   I'm a dope.  I just did some digging and found some old threads.   it also involved referrals.  But monthly prizes seemed pretty cool.  

From what I can tell, it appears Adam (GolfSpy_X) started things in the summer of 2009. Then several guys including Foz, Barbs and others joined in the Spring of 2010.

So how did it get started? Did you early guys know each other from other endeavors and joined at once ?

I'm curios and sure some others are as well to the origins of it all!

I was hanging around “The Sand Trap” and “Golf Hackers” when I came across My Golf Spy. Liking what I saw, I decided that MGS was my group of guys & gals so decided to spend my Free time there. Not knowing anyone, I just started sharing and got to know some members. For years, I would welcome all the newcomers. But lately there have been more than I could keep up with. As long as I am able, this will be my Golf home. I donate annually and provide equipment reviews when I am called upon to do so.

Rev and I get together a couple times a year to play. I am always trying to get others I play with to join.

I retired a year ago (Jan 2017) and seem to have less time than before to post. Here's to the next 7 years...

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I was hanging around “The Sand Trap” and “Golf Hackers” when I came across My Golf Spy. Liking what I saw, I decided that MGS was my group of guys & gals so decided to spend my Free time there. Not knowing anyone, I just started sharing and got to know some members. For years, I would welcome all the newcomers. But lately there have been more than I could keep up with. As long as I am able, this will be my Golf home. I donate annually and provide equipment reviews when I am called upon to do so.

Rev and I get together a couple times a year to play. I am always trying to get others I play with to join.

I retired a year ago (Jan 2017) and seem to have less time than before to post. Here's to the next 7 years...

Great, thanks for posting that Foz.  Was really pretty simple, looking for a better forum and found it!!  Kinda the same here. I dragged along a couple of long time internet and real live buddies in MDGolfHacker and Wahoo with me and I OG and I had struck up a common bond about 3 years ago when I went through double knee replacement and he was my go to expert as he had done it a few years prior.  I really enjoy the bond that we develop with new friends and old  ones alike here at MGS!

I know what you mean  about the new members, I try to do it as well and I know  I miss many due to the frequency, especially around the time new testing opportunities are posted.

I came here pretty early on too I think. Not exactly sure when. There were some pretty good “arguments” on here at times, not a lot of them, but there were a couple that got pretty heated and never got let go, I think one of the main guys stepped in at some point and just shut it down, but that was years ago, we haven't had anything like that in a very long time which is good. Usually we just have to agree to disagree and let it go.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I tried to bump the thread for the launch contest but it's locked. Anyway, here it is for those interested in some history:

HUGE CONTEST - "Biggest Golf Forum Launch Contest Ever!"

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/82-HUGE-CONTEST---%22Biggest-Golf-Forum-Launch-Contest-Ever%21%22

Sent from #throwbackthursday?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I tried to bump the thread for the launch contest but it's locked. Anyway, here it is for those interested in some history:

HUGE CONTEST - "Biggest Golf Forum Launch Contest Ever!"

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/82-HUGE-CONTEST---%22Biggest-Golf-Forum-Launch-Contest-Ever%21%22

Sent from #throwbackthursday?

Thanks buddy as that is so cool!  I joined my first golf forum (THP) in December of 2008 and how I missed the MGS kick off is beyond me.  Although I made tons of friends over there (THP), I would have jumped in this contest with both feet kicking!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Thanks for sharing X!

I wasn't around at the beginning but feel as if I was in the second wave of guys. I was on another forum that was made up of a remnant of guys from the former PGA Tour Partners club. It was a small group and we knew each other too well so there were times when we got snarky with one another. Additionally there wasn't a ton of knowledge in the group so it was hard to get good information on equipment.

I had some serious questions about the golf ball and two guys from that forum, Rookie Blue and a Florida friend named Dogpro suggested that I try here. So I did - instead of stupid snarky answers I got good solid feedback - that was in the Spring of 2012. I was a big winner of the next big contest that Fall - It was called the tour staff contest - I finished second and won a fitted TMag driver/FW, Adams hybrid, any set of Mizuno irons that I wanted, SCOR wedges and bettinardi putter, along with some accessories.

I still game the wedges and one of my best friends has the irons. The driver fitting was at the Tour Performance Center at TPC Sawgrass and one of the best golfing experiences of my life.

At any rate lots of people have come and gone since that time including some of the guys on the top poster list. In my time here there was only one major blow up and it was handled discreetly and respectfully.

I've gotten to do a number of reviews during my time. The quality of the reviews has gotten over the top to the point that I think they've passed me by. I can't compete with the fine work done by the guys who get selected.

I've played with a number of forum members and look forward to more face to face interaction and fun times on the course.

It's a great place to hang and often provides a break from the stresses of the day - oh yeah and I've learned a lot about golf equipment along the way.

BTW - I've remained friends with the guys from the old forum. I never post there but we stay in touch through Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks for sharing X!

I wasn't around at the beginning but feel as if I was in the second wave of guys. I was on another forum that was made up of a remnant of guys from the former PGA Tour Partners club. It was a small group and we knew each other too well so there were times when we got snarky with one another. Additionally there wasn't a ton of knowledge in the group so it was hard to get good information on equipment.

I had some serious questions about the golf ball and two guys from that forum, Rookie Blue and a Florida friend named Dogpro suggested that I try here. So I did - instead of stupid snarky answers I got good solid feedback - that was in the Spring of 2012. I was a big winner of the next big contest that Fall - It was called the tour staff contest - I finished second and won a fitted TMag driver/FW, Adams hybrid, any set of Mizuno irons that I wanted, SCOR wedges and bettinardi putter, along with some accessories.

I still game the wedges and one of my best friends has the irons. The driver fitting was at the Tour Performance Center at TPC Sawgrass and one of the best golfing experiences of my life.

At any rate lots of people have come and gone since that time including some of the guys on the top poster list. In my time here there was only one major blow up and it was handled discreetly and respectfully.

I've gotten to do a number of reviews during my time. The quality of the reviews has gotten over the top to the point that I think they've passed me by. I can't compete with the fine work done by the guys who get selected.

I've played with a number of forum members and look forward to more face to face interaction and fun times on the course.

It's a great place to hang and often provides a break from the stresses of the day - oh yeah and I've learned a lot about golf equipment along the way.

BTW - I've remained friends with the guys from the old forum. I never post there but we stay in touch through Facebook.

Great Story Rev, thanks for sharing.   And you certainly did a great job with the one review I was part of with you.  You were our leader as I think the rest of us were first time reviewers, so your guidance was helpful and appreciated. 

I was a member of the PGA Partners Club, actually I think I signed up for the charter life membership and got a nice gift.  But I didn't  recall seeing the forum part attached to it.   

What a fantastic prize was that you won, and that was SECOND place, holy cow, I hate to see what 1st place was.  The fitting at TPC had to be very special.  I was fortunate enough to win a fitting trip many years ago over on WRX and it was a great experience. Like you even though I rarely visit over there anymore I keep in touch with one of the guys via FB often.  

Thanks buddy as that is so cool!  I joined my first golf forum (THP) in December of 2008 and how I missed the MGS kick off is beyond me.  Although I made tons of friends over there (THP), I would have jumped in this contest with both feet kicking!

I mentioned it yesterday but when I went back and read those threads from the launch, I recall seeing them at the time, and can't recall why I didn't jump in as well.  

CG2 & Rev, I too was a life member of the PGA Tour Partners Club. I got a nice bag with my name on it....used to post on their blog.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

CG2 & Rev, I too was a life member of the PGA Tour Partners Club. I got a nice bag with my name on it....used to post on their blog.

There was a group that formed when they went under called the Backspin forum. Small group but some really great guys. I've played with a number of them. They even asked if I would host their annual outing this year. I would and invite Foz if it weren't for Penny. Too unpredictable. Not Foz - Penny.

I have hosted before for them.

@ Carolina - the idea was to get more membership. To enter we had to write an essay about what MGS needed to do to improve and then have people like the Facebook page and vote for our essays.

I don't know how many new members we got but the top ten vote getters went to the finals. The guy who won got a little more than I - so I got 1 fairway wood, he got two, I got 4 dozen Bridgestone balls, he got 10. I got 2 SCORS, he got 3. My bettinardi was any one from their catalog His was custom built and he got a trip to their studio in Chicago.

I haven't seen him around on the forums in a long time.

I tithed the Bettinardi - it went for $350 at our annual school auction plus for an additional $50 the winner got me as his partner in our annual scramble.

I also still have the GPS watch and sub 70 hat and shorts. I loved the tru links wear shoes but the wore out quickly.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

So I came up with "Moral Codes" instead.  This put the ownership on the individual and not the site. We have moderators too, they just don't spend their time policing others.  They do things to provide value to our members. The site polices itself.

Thanks for the insight Adam, really interesting to hear how things got rolling.

It's funny that you bought up the "Moral Codes", I've seen the tab, but have never clicked on it. I wouldn't be suprised if most members were the same. From the way people behave on here it doesn't seem necessary. 

Keep up the great work, hopefully you'll find yourself in a place that you want to get back into design, I'd like to see some cool stuff.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Cool to hear some of the history of this great place....my only regret is I didn't get here sooner.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I would and invite Foz if it weren't for Penny. Too unpredictable. Not Foz - Penny.

I duuno mate, that Foz... :lol:

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

According to what I can see I must have been an early adopter. I joined September 1st, 2011 and have no idea how I found the forum, but my guess is it was from either a search or link from another board somewhere.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Newcomer to the forum but really like the overall tone of the posts.  Seems like a much stronger community of golfers wanting to help each other instead of proving how smart they are.  Thanks everyone for sharing your stories.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Yeah, I got a nice golf travel case.  I actually used it for many years and then gave it to a friend when I upgraded to the ClubGlove.  

There was a group that formed when they went under called the Backspin forum. Small group but some really great guys. I've played with a number of them. They even asked if I would host their annual outing this year. I would and invite Foz if it weren't for Penny. Too unpredictable. Not Foz - Penny.

I have hosted before for them.

@ Carolina - the idea was to get more membership. To enter we had to write an essay about what MGS needed to do to improve and then have people like the Facebook page and vote for our essays.

I don't know how many new members we got but the top ten vote getters went to the finals. The guy who won got a little more than I - so I got 1 fairway wood, he got two, I got 4 dozen Bridgestone balls, he got 10. I got 2 SCORS, he got 3. My bettinardi was any one from their catalog His was custom built and he got a trip to their studio in Chicago.

I haven't seen him around on the forums in a long time.

I tithed the Bettinardi - it went for $350 at our annual school auction plus for an additional $50 the winner got me as his partner in our annual scramble.

I also still have the GPS watch and sub 70 hat and shorts. I loved the tru links wear shoes but the wore out quickly.

Thanks for that Rev...it all seems to come back to me now.  I think I remember that not knowing anybody since i was just browsing through,as I was on that W site at the time, I didn't think Id get any votes or anything, so I didn't enter.    If I had only knew then what I knew now.   But older and wiser as they say, even if it is only 7 years older.

I still have the  GPS GolfBand  as well, I use it and my Garmin. They both have different good points. 

Newcomer to the forum but really like the overall tone of the posts.  Seems like a much stronger community of golfers wanting to help each other instead of proving how smart they are.  Thanks everyone for sharing your stories.  

For a new member you put it about as well as anybody could!!   Welcome to the site and glad to see you jumping in the conversation.  Lots of great stuff to happen here in 2018...that I can promise you. 

Newcomer to the forum but really like the overall tone of the posts. Seems like a much stronger community of golfers wanting to help each other instead of proving how smart they are. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories.

Hello mooremikea, where do you live?

I like your first impression of MGS.

This has been my backyard treehouse for over 7 years. Hope it's yours as well.

Hello mooremikea, where do you live?

I like your first impression of MGS.

This has been my backyard treehouse for over 7 years. Hope it's yours as well.

Near Indianapolis Indiana.  I have been enjoying participating in the forms much more over the last few months.  Normally I am more of a reader and don't post as much as I should.  My goal is to write a couple posts a day.  It will take a long time to get close to your post count. haha

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

I had to get online to check, but I joined here September of 2010!!! Ha! I came here to look around for pics of new stuff and almost never posted. I spent a lot of time for a couple years on another site, but found my home here again!

I created my current profile because I couldn't get anyone to tell me why I couldn't post pics!!! Turns out, I had to clear out old ones! Ha! Wish I could combine my posts from this “handle” with my original one and go back to using it instead.

Wow. 2010! Crazy!!!

IMG_4486.JPG

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I had to get online to check, but I joined here September of 2010!!! Ha! I came here to look around for pics of new stuff and almost never posted. I spent a lot of time for a couple years on another site, but found my home here again!

I created my current profile because I couldn't get anyone to tell me why I couldn't post pics!!! Turns out, I had to clear out old ones! Ha! Wish I could combine my posts from this “handle” with my original one and go back to using it instead.

Wow. 2010! Crazy!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_4486.JPG

So look at it this way, you've had two lives on MGS  :D

Reading these posts make me realize how lucky I am to have stumbled upon MGS. 

I've only been playing golf for coming up on 1 year in February.  I would kick around a Golf Digest at my barbershop (not being a golfer at the time) and generally got a sense that the hot list was slanted subjectively and more marketing driven.  I started bumbling around MGS when I ran across the Kirkland article and then the Ping invasion write-up---consequently I played my first truly enjoyable round of golf in February and the bug bit.  I kept coming back to MGS, started toeing the waters of the forum and finally jumped in because I wanted to really learn about this thing called golf.

Coming up on 50+ rounds and a year later, I still don't think I'm qualified to lend much advice but it has been a heck of a year and I am so glad that I jumped in here.  Do the right thing is what I stand by in my life and my work and that is exactly what I have found here. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Reading these posts make me realize how lucky I am to have stumbled upon MGS. 

I've only been playing golf for coming up on 1 year in February.  I would kick around a Golf Digest at my barbershop (not being a golfer at the time) and generally got a sense that the hot list was slanted subjectively and more marketing driven.  I started bumbling around MGS when I ran across the Kirkland article and then the Ping invasion write-up---consequently I played my first truly enjoyable round of golf in February and the bug bit.  I kept coming back to MGS, started toeing the waters of the forum and finally jumped in because I wanted to really learn about this thing called golf.

Coming up on 50+ rounds and a year later, I still don't think I'm qualified to lend much advice but it has been a heck of a year and I am so glad that I jumped in here.  Do the right thing is what I stand by in my life and my work and that is exactly what I have found here. 

What a great post John....How cool and exciting that you're less than a year into the game.  And also I think a testament to MGS that with so much information out there on the web/YouTube/other forums etc, that you're making MGS you're go to source of info.   Of course I many of us browse the other areas (especially you tube for me) to see and hear things, but know MGS is there for complete honest opinion's on all things golf whether it's in the forum or the Blog, is very reassuring. 

So glad you got bit by the bug, and never think you're too new or inexperienced to chime in with your thoughts and experiences.   Someone very wise once told me, "People know different things, we can learn something from just about anyone"   it's proven to be true so many times.  

What a great post John....How cool and exciting that you're less than a year into the game.  And also I think a testament to MGS that with so much information out there on the web/YouTube/other forums etc, that you're making MGS you're go to source of info.   Of course I many of us browse the other areas (especially you tube for me) to see and hear things, but know MGS is there for complete honest opinion's on all things golf whether it's in the forum or the Blog, is very reassuring. 

So glad you got bit by the bug, and never think you're too new or inexperienced to chime in with your thoughts and experiences.   Someone very wise once told me, "People know different things, we can learn something from just about anyone"   it's proven to be true so many times.  

I honestly can't believe it has been a year already; it has been a great one.  I, too, am a frequent YouTube user but generally for entertainment.  Even the info I find on YT, though accurate, is still a backup when it comes to learning.  MGS has been leaps and bounds ahead of anything else----and still entertaining to boot. 

Looking forward in golf 2018 and being a little more active on here.  Hopefully through trial and error I can teach you guys a new way to lose golf balls. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I honestly can't believe it has been a year already; it has been a great one. I, too, am a frequent YouTube user but generally for entertainment. Even the info I find on YT, though accurate, is still a backup when it comes to learning. MGS has been leaps and bounds ahead of anything else----and still entertaining to boot.

Looking forward in golf 2018 and being a little more active on here. Hopefully through trial and error I can teach you guys a new way to lose golf balls.

Good stuff. And while I'm always open to learning new things, I'm not sure that's an area I want to learn more about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward in golf 2018 and being a little more active on here. Hopefully through trial and error I can teach you guys a new way to lose golf balls.

Whoa ... bold statement there, Sir! I believe I already know 100 & 1 ways to lose a golf ball.......

Welcome to the forums and to the game!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Archived