TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mickelson by Phil Mickelson

Sandy Koufax

They just got in some sweet new Tiger Woods Collection polos at my pro shop. While $85 is more than I will ever pay for a polo shirt, the gear IS hot, and if I can ever cop some TW Collection gear on clearance I will jump at it. But it got me thinking, WHERE is Phil Mickelson's clothing line?

Callaway is one of the premier golf clothing manufacturers, I really feel that adding a premium line of Phil-branded gear would be a great move! I know that I, and probably lots of other Phil-ophiles (the types of guys who are on eBay non-stop, hunting for that KPMG hat) would jump at the chance to wear what Phil wears on the course.

The Germans are only dead, when the coffin is nailed shut

Brown on brown over belly. Maybe he does meet a market share.

He should just play in a brown body stocking B)

Tried that once... didn't go over so well. LOL- just kidding... I don't look good in brown (or red, white, green, orange or purple, now that I think about it... sheesh). I think his clothing line should be lefty oriented, but upon further wearings it'd be revealed that it's just regular, run-of-the-mill righty gear. The "MW" line from Mike Weir would be the same- but based off the old Bob Charles line from the '60's.

They could put FIGJAM on the chest... *grins and ducks*

Sorry, couldn't resist!

I live in the Valley of the Sun, so naturally I'm an homer and I pull for Phil all the time. So I was in Denver a few weeks ago with several friends for a golfing bachelor party, and one of the guys there is an assistant pro in Dallas at a course that some tour caddies frequent. Anyway, he told me how Phil is widely disliked on tour (not new information, but I've always held out hope that it wasn't true), and explained the nickname FIG JAM to me. I must say, I was pretty amused by the clever acronym, even though it's about my favorite player.

To be honest... I like the guy. I have no reason to dislike him, and I am VERY impressed by the way he reacts to fans and what he does for various charities. I joke about the FIGJAM name because I also think its funny, but I'd actually like to meet him some day. With what he and his family have gone thru lately, its amazing he can concentrate on golf at ALL let alone do all the other things he's involved in.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

To be honest... I like the guy. I have no reason to dislike him, and I am VERY impressed by the way he reacts to fans and what he does for various charities. I joke about the FIGJAM name because I also think its funny, but I'd actually like to meet him some day. With what he and his family have gone thru lately, its amazing he can concentrate on golf at ALL let alone do all the other things he's involved in.

I've always liked that swashbuckler attitude; probably the same reason I'm a Brett Favre fan (not Vikings, just Fahveree LOL). Same could be said for King Palmer. I know it's been a big reason for me not breaking 80, trying to copy that style. But it's fun and DEFINITELY interesting.

There was an article in the latest Golf magazine about PM talking about his Start Smart charity event. It was followed by a Q&A; both were pretty good reads. The pics were pretty interesting... there seemed to be genuine feeling there at the event. I know it's just pictures, but sometimes you can see it in a persons eyes- that look like they don't want to be there. I didn't get that from that article. But this is why, like Mike, I would like to meet PM in person.

Archived