2018 PGA Tour Equipment Contract Changes

It seems like the

Taylormade Woods

Mizuno irons

Vokey Wedges

Scotty Cameron

Pro V1

Theme is getting bigger.

Side note, anyone else see Jimmy Walker with that spider putter?

• Like 2

It seems like the

Taylormade Woods

Mizuno irons

Vokey Wedges

Scotty Cameron

Pro V1

Theme is getting bigger.

This is basically the set up of most Mizuno and Srixon tour staff - except maybe with Mizuno/Cleveland wedges rather than the Vokeys, and obviously Srixon Z-Stars.

• Like 1

It seems like the

Taylormade Woods

Mizuno irons

Vokey Wedges

Scotty Cameron

Pro V1

Theme is getting bigger.

This is a good summary of what I have notice.  There does not seem to be too many Callaway clubs in the independent players bags.  Thought there would be more Epic drivers and fairway woods last season. 

• Like 1

Tony Finau signs with Ping

Finau's current setup includes PING's new G400 Max driver, G400 fairway wood and iBlade irons. Because the deal is for a minimum of 11 PING clubs, it's likely Finau will continue to use the same Piretti putter and Titleist Vokey wedges he's had in the bag.

https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2018/01/30/tony-finau-signs-multi-year-equipment-deal-with-ping-golf.html

• Like 1

I wonder if there is a time limit on the 11 clubs? I know most Ping staffers are usually 14 club deals. I don't know about wedges but he has used a Ping putter in the past so I imagine they custom shop him one in the coming weeks/months. Wedges could be a lot bigger change...

I know Louis was gaming Callaway Wedges, but the website now has the Glide 2.0 Stealths listed. Seems as the Tour Gents wanted a softer wedge. I'd be interested in trying them out.

I wonder if there is a time limit on the 11 clubs? I know most Ping staffers are usually 14 club deals. I don't know about wedges but he has used a Ping putter in the past so I imagine they custom shop him one in the coming weeks/months. Wedges could be a lot bigger change...

From what I recall ping staffers aren't all 14 club deals, but usually the putter is mandatory

I know Louis was gaming Callaway Wedges, but the website now has the Glide 2.0 Stealths listed. Seems as the Tour Gents wanted a softer wedge. I'd be interested in trying them out.

That makes sense. I always found their wedges to be rock hard. Never could take a liking to them. Will be interested to hear reviews on the new ones.

• Like 1