StrokerAce

Nice little Evnroll booth huh?  

MGSEvnroll.jpg

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice little Evnroll booth huh?

attachicon.gifMGSEvnroll.jpg

Isn't that special . Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

... I will be posting much more and some reviews later. Unfortunately I am dealing with some back issues so I could not hit as many clubs as normal but hit the clubs/shafts that really appealed to my eye. Here are my initial thoughts from Demo day:

Tour Edge was a big surprise. Some classic MB's that are just beautiful. David Glod CEO and Tour Edge originator (out of his garage) has alway seemed to love out of the box clubs and I would have never called anything he has produced "classic". But these CBx Blades certainly are. They have also produced some classic looking wedges with a dead straight leading edge that are very nice. I absolutely loved their CBX Ironwood and can see some replacing their long irons with these. But they can be used as a driving iron to, especially the 17* 2 Iron Wood that was easy to elevate to a mid very boring trajectory. I see one in my future.

Lynx. Yes, Lynx! Trying to get some distributorship in the US after having a European presence the last 5 years. Very nice irons including a forged CB and a hollow MB a little smaller than the TM P790 with a thinner top line that really do look like a MB but do not play like one. They both felt great.

TPT Shafts are some of the most unique and best feeling shaft I have ever hit. They have a solid feel I have never experienced and the trajectory was amazingly predictable. A unique manufacturing process that produces a very stable design that has to be hit to be appreciated. After success in aviation, racing, sailing among others they are taking on golf shafts. These are most likely a Demo Day only shaft for most as they recently dropped their price form $699 to $499 per shaft. But if I felt like splurging on a golf purchase, this would be it.

The Rogue from Callaway is a genuine advancement for some that need a little more forgiveness or the confidence a slight larger head provides. The Rogue SZ did not seem very different than the Epic SZ to me but the Rogue is demonstrably more forgiving than the Epic. The color scheme on the crown is also much more subtle than the Epic. Combined with an Even Flow Blue shaft, this was my second favorite driver at Demo Day.

But for my money, Cobra stole Demo day. The new F8 and F8+ is spectacular as are the F8 fairway woods. And for good measure they are offering some black Forged Tec irons the look smaller with a thinner top line than the previous model. I really liked the F8 with the Aldila NV2KXV Blue. Then hit the same driver with the HZRUS Yellow and really liked it too. For fun I hit the lighter Tensei Blue and liked it just as much as the others which might have set up a quandary for me but once I hit the F8 with an Even Flow Blue I had a clear winner for my swing and tempo. The point being this head is not shaft dependent at all and really shines with any shaft I hit. The milled face has a function that I will go into depth when I post a review but one of the cool features is ball marks are very evident after hitting a shot, but you can just wipe the face and they disappear. So you can leave them for several shots to see what kind of pattern you are producing or clean it after every shot and get an exact verification of contact. It's the little things right?

The F8 fairway woods were as impressive as the driver. I have always struggled elevating 3 woods from the ground and the F8 3/4 was better than most for me but still produced a mid to low trajectory. The 5/6 was perfect though. Set at 18.5* it produced a nice mid high, boring flight that even into a strong wind showed no sign of ballooning. And a very dense and solid feel/sound that I loved. I am looking forward to getting more info from the guys that designed these clubs and passing it along to you.

More later as well as some pictures I took today.

Great great stuff...thanks for sharing. Hope your back feels better.

Is there anything that has surprised you - either good or bad?

Sent from a bunker filled with mana

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

... I will be posting much more and some reviews later. Unfortunately I am dealing with some back issues so I could not hit as many clubs as normal but hit the clubs/shafts that really appealed to my eye. Here are my initial thoughts from Demo day:

Tour Edge was a big surprise. Some classic MB's that are just beautiful. David Glod CEO and Tour Edge originator (out of his garage) has alway seemed to love out of the box clubs and I would have never called anything he has produced "classic". But these CBx Blades certainly are. They have also produced some classic looking wedges with a dead straight leading edge that are very nice. I absolutely loved their CBX Ironwood and can see some replacing their long irons with these. But they can be used as a driving iron to, especially the 17* 2 Iron Wood that was easy to elevate to a mid very boring trajectory. I see one in my future.

Lynx. Yes, Lynx! Trying to get some distributorship in the US after having a European presence the last 5 years. Very nice irons including a forged CB and a hollow MB a little smaller than the TM P790 with a thinner top line that really do look like a MB but do not play like one. They both felt great.

TPT Shafts are some of the most unique and best feeling shaft I have ever hit. They have a solid feel I have never experienced and the trajectory was amazingly predictable. A unique manufacturing process that produces a very stable design that has to be hit to be appreciated. After success in aviation, racing, sailing among others they are taking on golf shafts. These are most likely a Demo Day only shaft for most as they recently dropped their price form $699 to $499 per shaft. But if I felt like splurging on a golf purchase, this would be it.

The Rogue from Callaway is a genuine advancement for some that need a little more forgiveness or the confidence a slight larger head provides. The Rogue SZ did not seem very different than the Epic SZ to me but the Rogue is demonstrably more forgiving than the Epic. The color scheme on the crown is also much more subtle than the Epic. Combined with an Even Flow Blue shaft, this was my second favorite driver at Demo Day.

But for my money, Cobra stole Demo day. The new F8 and F8+ is spectacular as are the F8 fairway woods. And for good measure they are offering some black Forged Tec irons the look smaller with a thinner top line than the previous model. I really liked the F8 with the Aldila NV2KXV Blue. Then hit the same driver with the HZRUS Yellow and really liked it too. For fun I hit the lighter Tensei Blue and liked it just as much as the others which might have set up a quandary for me but once I hit the F8 with an Even Flow Blue I had a clear winner for my swing and tempo. The point being this head is not shaft dependent at all and really shines with any shaft I hit. The milled face has a function that I will go into depth when I post a review but one of the cool features is ball marks are very evident after hitting a shot, but you can just wipe the face and they disappear. So you can leave them for several shots to see what kind of pattern you are producing or clean it after every shot and get an exact verification of contact. It's the little things right?

The F8 fairway woods were as impressive as the driver. I have always struggled elevating 3 woods from the ground and the F8 3/4 was better than most for me but still produced a mid to low trajectory. The 5/6 was perfect though. Set at 18.5* it produced a nice mid high, boring flight that even into a strong wind showed no sign of ballooning. And a very dense and solid feel/sound that I loved. I am looking forward to getting more info from the guys that designed these clubs and passing it along to you.

WOW, pretty busy. Nice write up . Thanks.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Get some pics of the lynx. My first set was lynx blades circa late 70s early 80s from my dad. Would love to bag them again!!

Lamkin grips!!! They have some new releases that I'd love to see, and hear about.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Also looks like those black wedges on one of the staff bags.

Just for you.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Great job CHI.

I had high hopes for Demo Day as well. But like CHI I ran into a balky back in my first booth (Wilson) and had limited driver swings the rest of the day.

Also time was a factor. Regular attendees thst are not PGA or Official Media could not get into until 12:00 PM.

And by the time I got to a couple booths that I really wanted to try they had lines thst were ans hour long or more in some cases. Such was the case for TMAG and PING. Cobra would have been manageable as they had a hitting strip as long as a runway. But my back was not up to by the time I got to them.

Two big wins on the day for me. The XXIO 10 driver. There was a blog piece by John or Toney a while back and it was very high on it.

High is right. I hit the 10 with a 46g shaft I think. Now I'm usually one of those that say light drivers don't work for me.

Well XXIO may be the lone exception to that. They spent a lot of money on materials and R&D to find a way to counter balance it and they did it.

It felt easy to swing but not too lite. The ball was launching nice and high ans just went straigt with thd ever slightest draw, which was like a revelation to me.

I didn't have it on a LM so I don't have numbers. Bit was hitting into a fairly decent breeze and it got out there pretty good. Definitely a fan of this.

The rep also had me hit the XXIO Prime to see how high it launches. Now I know how those guys on the LD that were getting APEXES of 135+ feet felt. But only about 180 yards shorter.

It has a 37g shaft and is designed for swing speeds of 70 or so. And it allows them to really get the ball up and gain some more yards.

Both are very pricey as you've probably heard. $650 retail for the 10 and $850 for the Prime. Obviously not for the budget or even moderate price shopper.

But as I told the rep after being impressed with the 10, if I get 15 to 20 more yards. I'm not going to be buying A new driver every year. So the long term (as long term as any of us can get..ha) cost might make it reasonable.

I'll see if I can get some booth pics tomorrow. It has a beautiful glossy dark blue (metallic looking navy) finish to it.

A trend this year tends to be the black stealth wedges.

Saw them in hand from Cobra and Vokey and I'm sure I'll see a few more tomorrow.

The other Homerun of the day for me is KBS's entry into graphite shafts.

I saw the Tour 70 and 80 today. I hit several JPX Forged 6 irons in the 80. Oh and those Forged Irons.....but I digress.

I absolutely loved these shafts. I have played the KBS Tour 90 steel shaft in. Couple irons, and really liked them a lot

Again no LM numbers on these. But I was hitting the 6 easily to the 150 flag and probably a couple past it.

But the flight was so strong and stable. It just started on line and never wavered.

I can easily see my AP1 going back for a shaft change very soon.

The pic isn't able to load right now but I'll try again tomorrow.

Yeah ugh I still haven't made up my mind on the vokeys. Still keep going between Brushed Steel and black

They look really good in person. But so does the brushed.

Hit several 54 with a couple grinds. Still like the F grind alot. But the new D grind was getting a lot of attention.

Those Lynx mb's look dead sexy on the website- anyone get real life pics? Any swings?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Those Lynx mb's look dead sexy on the website- anyone get real life pics? Any swings?

I passed the booth toward the end today. It was a realitively (compared to the big boys) display. Will try and get some pics today.

Was anyone able to confirm the new cobra MB's? I saw the forged tech, but no CB/MB anywhere. Or the DI?

I didnt see any. But I was mostly watching people pound the F8.

I did have a informative conversation with Jose Malformed (I'm sure I butchered his last name). But hes one of their lead R&D guys. Mostly talked about the differences in the F8 One length vs the F7.

Moved CG and weighted shafts go lower the flight of low end of the bag. Also developed one length hybrids. Seem pretty cool. 4-5 hybrids length of 7 iron.

I saw the Tour 70 and 80 today. I hit several JPX Forged 6 irons in the 80. Oh and those Forged Irons.....but I digress.

I absolutely loved these shafts. I have played the KBS Tour 90 steel shaft in. Couple irons, and really liked them a lot

Again no LM numbers on these. But I was hitting the 6 easily to the 150 flag and probably a couple past it.

But the flight was so strong and stable. It just started on line and never wavered.

I can easily see my AP1 going back for a shaft change very soon.

The pic isn't able to load right now but I'll try again tomorrow.

Were the shafts the TGI ??

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Were the shafts the TGI ??

Introducing @KBSGolfShafts Tour Graphite Iron - The First Graphite Iron Shaft to play like KBS Golf Shafts Steel. Come Experience the KBS Graphite Golf Shafts at Demo Day 2018 & @PGAShow Booth #1417 & learn more at https://t.co/DuOv7uiNd5 | Player Driven. Tour Proven. | #redlabel pic.twitter.com/mDgMhF8GeY— KBS Golf Shafts (@KBSGolfShafts) January 22, 2018

Yes the TGI.

Yes the TGI.

Awesome!  Those looked really cool... I was hoping someone would test them.  Glad to hear they performed well for you!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

... Yup, I was surprised by the KBS TGi graphite shafts. A nice matt black finish the entire length with just the Red Logo. Normally 95gms is as low as I can go but these felt heavier than 80gm when swinging and also produced a nice ball flight for me. They have a feel somewhere between Recoil and Steelfiber and I really liked them too.

KBS TGi.JPG

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... A unique feature of the F8 milled face is ball marks are very apparent. Here is a picture of the club face when I picked it up. I gave it a wipe with a damp towel and the marks disappeared. Pretty Cool!

F8 face 1.jpg
F8 face 2.jpg

So I'm sure there's a lot of great new and exciting stuff to see, but what's the most outlandish or newest/coolest thing you've seen so far?

I'm not sure about this golfshirt thing... 80 bucks?!?!  Can you imagine if your playing with someone and they did this on the tee ??? 

This, seems kind of cool...

https://sweetspotmarker.com/

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

... If you love MB's there were a few others I liked more than the Lynx, especially the Tour Edge CBx Blades. If I were interested in MB's they would be at the top of a very short list. The Prowler VT hollow headed "MB's" just lacked feel imo. Especially compared to the Prowler Forged CB's that are forged from 1020 carbon steel a nice compact head and felt very sweet. Interestingly I asked the rep what material the CB's were forged from and he didn't know. Went and asked the owner and came back with a media thumb drive the had he info but conformed 1020. It was the end of the day for me and I just forgot pictures but the website gives you a great look at them.

http://www.lynxgolf.co.uk/product-category/mens-range/irons/

So I'm sure there's a lot of great new and exciting stuff to see, but what's the most outlandish or newest/coolest thing you've seen so far?

I'm not sure about this golfshirt thing... 80 bucks?!?! Can you imagine if your playing with someone and they did this on the tee ???

Up next on Shop Clock, @GolfSwingShirt. Would you use this? #PGAShow pic.twitter.com/JurexVGwcN— GOLF.com (@golf_com) January 24, 2018

This, seems kind of cool...

https://sweetspotmarker.com/

Haven't really explored alot yet. Went to the Titleist opening presentation and got an intro on the new ball in the lineup. The Tour Soft and then a Q&A with Jim Nantz and my man crush Adam Scott

Also the AVX will be a full time spot in thd lineup and available nationwide later this spring.

Hasn't something like that golf shirt been around for quite awhile? Swing Jacket or something like that.

One thing is for certain at the PGA Show: There are a ton of small vendors pedaling a boat load of shitty training aids.

I hear a lot of people like this... and I think it's been around for a while.  I'd be more inclined to use it than some silly shirt.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KGAFDQ

swingAid.jpg

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

If anyone is able to test the TM M3, can you try to determine if having the draw/fade bias at the back increases forgiveness? I have wondered about that. I have the 2017 M1, and it is much more forgiving when I slide the higher/lower weight to the back. I am assuming shifting everything back will make it easier to hit...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

If anyone is able to test the TM M3, can you try to determine if having the draw/fade bias at the back increases forgiveness? I have wondered about that. I have the 2017 M1, and it is much more forgiving when I slide the higher/lower weight to the back. I am assuming shifting everything back will make it easier to hit...

...Unfortunately the wait at TaylorMade was a little over 3 hours. I got my pager and went around the circle figuring I would make my way back in time but my back was already over used so I just gave the pager back to them on my way out. 

... I did get to hit the M3 with several different shafts at some shaft OEMs but never with the weights all the way back. For me at least the M Series has a very hard feeling face that I just don't care for, especially after hitting the Rogue and F8. Flight was nice although a little lower than the M4 and others. For me at least it performs in the same ball park as a few others like the Epic SZ and the F8 with the weight forward. Obviously feel and sound is subjective as I heard some raving about the M3. 

Archived