Today was my first round of the new year. I've only played two rounds since just before and right after Christmas. Doesn't take long for me to build up some rust I suppose. Today I struggled on the front. Drove the ball well but my approaches, chipping and putting were off. I went out with a 44 including 2 doubles. On the back I recovered a bit without any doubles - one bird and in with a 36 for an 80. (Par 70 course)

I'm playing again in the morning around 10. The forecast calls for 67* and breezy - 10-15+ mph. I expect to play much better.

How was your first round of 2018?

• Like 9

Lake Superior is expected to have ice till JUNE. Course opened in April last year. I'm guessing mid May at the earliest.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Lake Superior is expected to have ice till JUNE. Course opened in April last year. I'm guessing mid May at the earliest.

Feeling your pain on the west end of the Upper Peninsula. I always consider April golf to be a bonus. Hoping to grab a round or two during some travel this spring.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Feeling your pain on the west end of the Upper Peninsula. I always consider April golf to be a bonus. Hoping to grab a round or two during some travel this spring.

Duluth??

Sent from a Galaxy Far...Far...Away...

• Like 1

Duluth??

Slightly less west. Still in Michigan, but only just. Wakefield.

• Like 1

Haven't played yet, but I'm planning to play 2-3 times in N. Florida. I'm hoping to get in at least two more range visits next week so I'm ready!!! Can't wait.

• Like 1

My course might open tomorrow, but certainly on Monday.  I will play.  Temp around 45*

• Like 2

My first round will be this Tuesday 1/9/2018. I'm ready to get back out there as it's been 9 days now since I played!

• Like 2

Thanks to a very awesome and generous Father in Law sharing a vacation package he won, my 2018 Golf calendar kicks off in Monterey on Friday at 12:10 and continues Saturday at 10:30. No, I am not playing Pebble Beach...... just their other 2 properties. Bringing the new CBX hybrid, irons and wedges. Can't....friggin......wait!!

• Like 7

Late February, early March before we get started here. Not that long off, got everything shined and ready to go. Looking forward to the new season.

Slightly less west. Still in Michigan, but only just. Wakefield.

I might be leaving in June-July. But we should try to get a round in before that.

One more day and I finally get to play golf!   I'm going to find who ever said global warming was here and spank that arse  :angry:

• Like 7

Going to request some training in early February for Yorktown. Bringing the sticks for sure!

• Like 1

Still  in the teens here, but temps are forecasted to hit 40's and 50's next week, but with some rain.  I'm sure that  will be enough to bring out some in shorts...ha

Dont' know if I'll  make it out, maybe 9 holes on the day it  hits in the 50's but this is my busy time of year believe it or not. 

• Like 4

God only knows when my next time out is. CNY has been a fickle mistress this winter.