TESTERS WANTED! ×

Your 1st Round of 2018

Went to Mecca-rey and posted some pics in the Pics from the Course thread. Got my arse handed to me on a golden platter at Spyglass, but I don't really care, wasn't expecting to play that well, but couldn't drive it at all. One does not need a driver there, played my 16.5 hybrid off the tee box the most, was unreal overall. Only 2 3-putts on that day.

2nd round at Spanish Bay, could drive the ball well there, and wedge work was awesome. Bagged 3 pars on the back 9.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must be able to move it out there to play that track without driver. I've played Spy twice and absolutely loved it but that was probably because I drove the ball just perfect both times. Other than holes 2 and 4 it was bombs away all day

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Played my first two 18 hole rounds this weekend.  Foot is still swollen and it bothered my on Saturday but still shot 83.  Temp was nice at 49*.  Sunday was cooler, around 41*; played about the same, but it got colder as the day went on.  My next round will be in Palm Springs where it's sunny and 78* today!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Since first of the year I've now been able to play 6 rounds. My scores have started dropping but I've been struggling with my driver a little bit off and on during rounds. So this year I've shot 80, 78, 77, 81, 77, and today 74. I'm pleased so far as course conditions are difficult with really tight - hard fairways. My iron play has been medicare but short game and putting a life saver. We're due for another 2 days of winter tomorrow and Wednesday but the weekend is already forecast to be mid-60's. Sweet.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

My first round of the year was at Bandon Dunes with my dad, brother and brother in law. A great way to start the year!

IMG_0287.JPG

Sunrise of the first day of 2018 golf

IMG_0307.JPG

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Played my first 18 today, but I've played 2 9 hole twilight rounds after work since the new year as well.

Couldn't get anything going on the front 9 except my driver. Nothing like making bogey from 150y out (short course only 6000 yards). Shot 44/41 with 3 doubles, ugh. I had absolutely no "touch" today on any wedge or chips it was disgusting. Oh well, back on the horse Saturday!

Made 2 birdies as well, including one from after sticking a bunker shot within 6 feet from about 90 yards. Probably the only thing I did today that was somewhat good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Got out today. Shot an 81 with three doubles. Played the last 6 holes in the dark. A little rough, but good to be back out there!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Since first of the year I've now been able to play 6 rounds. My scores have started dropping but I've been struggling with my driver a little bit off and on during rounds. So this year I've shot 80, 78, 77, 81, 77, and today 74. I'm pleased so far as course conditions are difficult with really tight - hard fairways. My iron play has been medicare but short game and putting a life saver. We're due for another 2 days of winter tomorrow and Wednesday but the weekend is already forecast to be mid-60's. Sweet.

:lol:  Some days my iron play is on medicare too!!   :lol:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You must be able to move it out there to play that track without driver. I've played Spy twice and absolutely loved it but that was probably because I drove the ball just perfect both times. Other than holes 2 and 4 it was bombs away all day

Yeah my hybrid with the KBS proto shaft was on fire, saved my bacon many times. #2 was so brutal, small flattish landing area off the tee and when I missed, the angles were ridiculous, and #4 had the funkiest green, so narrow, my father in law did a couple over and backs on that one.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Yeah my hybrid with the KBS proto shaft was on fire, saved my bacon many times. #2 was so brutal, small flattish landing area off the tee and when I missed, the angles were ridiculous, and #4 had the funkiest green, so narrow, my father in law did a couple over and backs on that one.

Our caddies did a great job navigating those holes for us. The first time I played it I knocked it to about 3 feet underneath the hole on 4 to a front right pin and made the birdie putt and my caddy said "you have no idea how good that was. Nobody makes birdie with that hole location!" When I went back a year later I bladed a wedge to the back of the green and 4 putted for double

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

My first round of the year was at Bandon Dunes with my dad, brother and brother in law. A great way to start the year!

attachicon.gifIMG_0287.JPG

Sunrise of the first day of 2018 golf

attachicon.gifIMG_0307.JPG

Love Bandon Dunes!  Glad you got to play there.  I've got to get back there this year!!

That hole looks similar to the photo I took in 2009, but there are differences.  

IMG_1001.jpg

I can't say if I'll every get back there. (Bandon) but it sure is a cool, interesting, different type of golf. Everyone should go at least once.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Played the last weekend in Dec but, haven't been out in 2018 yet.  It is looking good for this weekend though sunny and 56* on Sat & Sunny 60* on Sun.  A little snow expected tomorrow but, it won't last. too warm this week.

Hope to be hittin' 'em on Sat.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Looking like Sat will be my 1st round of the year. Haven't touched a club since Thanksgiving

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It's gonna be rough i haven't swung a club yet this year! I may go through all the pro v 1's i got myself for Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played 2 rounds so far this year and both have gone about the same.. I'm playing great out of the gate and have been able to put together solid front 9's on both occasions (+6 on the front for both rounds), but fall off a cliff on the back. Both rounds, going +6 on the front, ended with final scores in the 90s... Need to find out how to get a full round put together!

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

Love Bandon Dunes! Glad you got to play there. I've got to get back there this year!!

That hole looks similar to the photo I took in 2009, but there are differences.

attachicon.gifIMG_1001.jpg

Really neat comparison. Almost looks like the photos were taken in the same spot.

Some days my iron play is on medicare too!!

My entire golf game is in ICU right now...

Actually played mine this last Saturday while we had a break from all this cruddy weather. Had the scorecard in my bag and it pretty much tells the story. It was a local group game so we had a shotgun start and I started on 16, if I could putt consistently I might be able to play this game. Image1516155967.507887.jpg

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Today was my first round of the new year. I've only played two rounds since just before and right after Christmas. Doesn't take long for me to build up some rust I suppose. Today I struggled on the front. Drove the ball well but my approaches, chipping and putting were off. I went out with a 44 including 2 doubles. On the back I recovered a bit without any doubles - one bird and in with a 36 for an 80. (Par 70 course)

I'm playing again in the morning around 10. The forecast calls for 67* and breezy - 10-15+ mph. I expect to play much better.

How was your first round of 2018?

80 not bad playing 17 yrs stuck at 11/12 ghin This is the year serious I hope down to 7/8

Bags

I was able to go and play today while at my Mom's in Florida. I was on a time-crunch, so I was unable to finish all 18 at the first course with it backed-up, so left after 9 and played another 9 at a course by her house.

It was my first time putting these swing changes into motion and they didn't go well. I was so fed-up that I went back to my 2016-2017 swing on my 18th hole. Proceeded to rip the drive right down the middle, hit 54* wedge to dead-center of the green on the approach, about 14' out, and then drained the putt for birdie!!!

I plan on playing Saturday on Amelia Island, so I'm going to play all 18 with what I finished with today.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Played first round last week here in San Antonio at La Cantera Plamer Course in 40 degree weather.  Carded an 80, not bad considering the weather and first time bagging the MP-18's.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Will be playing simulated golf the day I am allowed to from surgery. Then it wont be til April

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Today was my first round of the new year. I've only played two rounds since just before and right after Christmas. Doesn't take long for me to build up some rust I suppose. Today I struggled on the front. Drove the ball well but my approaches, chipping and putting were off. I went out with a 44 including 2 doubles. On the back I recovered a bit without any doubles - one bird and in with a 36 for an 80. (Par 70 course)

I'm playing again in the morning around 10. The forecast calls for 67* and breezy - 10-15+ mph. I expect to play much better.

How was your first round of 2018?

Basically had the same round. Off the tee all day. Approach and chipping horrible. 45/38 for 83. Picked up a skin on 16 so no $$ lost.

I played today at the Golf Club on Amelia Island. Ugly start. Scratched the “new swing” again and woke-up on 9. Frustrating... Birdied 18 to end on a great note! Hit a 5 iron into the wind from 183 and put it to 10 feet. Made the putt.

Lots of rain and cold in my near future... Ugh.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

15~20mph wind, temps started @ hi 40s. 60 when we finished. Whites are 6863 yrds. Started ok. Shot 43 on frt. Back nine my back started tighten up. Had a triple and a quad on back to back par 4s. 46 for a 89.

You hit the ball well it was just the 2 blow up holes that got ya. Tough conditions for sure..... i wish i was playing today again and not at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll let you know in 2-4 months

Ditto. :(

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Archived