My first round of the year was at Bandon Dunes with my dad, brother and brother in law. A great way to start the year!

attachicon.gifIMG_0287.JPG

Sunrise of the first day of 2018 golf

attachicon.gifIMG_0307.JPG

Love Bandon Dunes!  Glad you got to play there.  I've got to get back there this year!!

That hole looks similar to the photo I took in 2009, but there are differences.  

IMG_1001.jpg

• Like 3

I can't say if I'll every get back there. (Bandon) but it sure is a cool, interesting, different type of golf. Everyone should go at least once.

• Like 2

Played the last weekend in Dec but, haven't been out in 2018 yet.  It is looking good for this weekend though sunny and 56* on Sat & Sunny 60* on Sun.  A little snow expected tomorrow but, it won't last. too warm this week.

Hope to be hittin' 'em on Sat.

• Like 1

Looking like Sat will be my 1st round of the year. Haven't touched a club since Thanksgiving

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking like Sat will be my 1st round of the year. Haven't touched a club since Thanksgiving

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It's gonna be rough i haven't swung a club yet this year! I may go through all the pro v 1's i got myself for Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've played 2 rounds so far this year and both have gone about the same.. I'm playing great out of the gate and have been able to put together solid front 9's on both occasions (+6 on the front for both rounds), but fall off a cliff on the back. Both rounds, going +6 on the front, ended with final scores in the 90s... Need to find out how to get a full round put together!

• Like 1

Love Bandon Dunes! Glad you got to play there. I've got to get back there this year!!

That hole looks similar to the photo I took in 2009, but there are differences.

attachicon.gifIMG_1001.jpg

Really neat comparison. Almost looks like the photos were taken in the same spot.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Some days my iron play is on medicare too!!

My entire golf game is in ICU right now...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Actually played mine this last Saturday while we had a break from all this cruddy weather. Had the scorecard in my bag and it pretty much tells the story. It was a local group game so we had a shotgun start and I started on 16, if I could putt consistently I might be able to play this game. Image1516155967.507887.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

IMG_0616.JPG. Kind of hard to golf in this. For you northern guys I know this is just a drop in the bucket but for us 5” is a big deal

Blake

• Like 3

Today was my first round of the new year. I've only played two rounds since just before and right after Christmas. Doesn't take long for me to build up some rust I suppose. Today I struggled on the front. Drove the ball well but my approaches, chipping and putting were off. I went out with a 44 including 2 doubles. On the back I recovered a bit without any doubles - one bird and in with a 36 for an 80. (Par 70 course)

I'm playing again in the morning around 10. The forecast calls for 67* and breezy - 10-15+ mph. I expect to play much better.

How was your first round of 2018?

80 not bad playing 17 yrs stuck at 11/12 ghin This is the year serious I hope down to 7/8

Bags

• Like 3

I was able to go and play today while at my Mom's in Florida. I was on a time-crunch, so I was unable to finish all 18 at the first course with it backed-up, so left after 9 and played another 9 at a course by her house.

It was my first time putting these swing changes into motion and they didn't go well. I was so fed-up that I went back to my 2016-2017 swing on my 18th hole. Proceeded to rip the drive right down the middle, hit 54* wedge to dead-center of the green on the approach, about 14' out, and then drained the putt for birdie!!!

I plan on playing Saturday on Amelia Island, so I'm going to play all 18 with what I finished with today.

• Like 3

Played first round last week here in San Antonio at La Cantera Plamer Course in 40 degree weather.  Carded an 80, not bad considering the weather and first time bagging the MP-18's.

• Like 4

Will be playing simulated golf the day I am allowed to from surgery. Then it wont be til April

• Like 2

First round in the books today with Bulldog and 2 others. Shot a 79 with a few missed opportunities. It was my first round using the mini driver I picked up before Christmas and I hit some bombs with it. Hoping for more January golf!

• Like 5

Today was my first round of the new year. I've only played two rounds since just before and right after Christmas. Doesn't take long for me to build up some rust I suppose. Today I struggled on the front. Drove the ball well but my approaches, chipping and putting were off. I went out with a 44 including 2 doubles. On the back I recovered a bit without any doubles - one bird and in with a 36 for an 80. (Par 70 course)

I'm playing again in the morning around 10. The forecast calls for 67* and breezy - 10-15+ mph. I expect to play much better.

How was your first round of 2018?

Basically had the same round. Off the tee all day. Approach and chipping horrible. 45/38 for 83. Picked up a skin on 16 so no $$ lost.

• Like 2

I played today at the Golf Club on Amelia Island. Ugly start. Scratched the “new swing” again and woke-up on 9. Frustrating... Birdied 18 to end on a great note! Hit a 5 iron into the wind from 183 and put it to 10 feet. Made the putt.

Lots of rain and cold in my near future... Ugh.

• Like 2

15~20mph wind, temps started @ hi 40s. 60 when we finished. Whites are 6863 yrds. Started ok. Shot 43 on frt. Back nine my back started tighten up. Had a triple and a quad on back to back par 4s. 46 for a 89.

• Like 5

15~20mph wind, temps started @ hi 40s. 60 when we finished. Whites are 6863 yrds. Started ok. Shot 43 on frt. Back nine my back started tighten up. Had a triple and a quad on back to back par 4s. 46 for a 89.

You hit the ball well it was just the 2 blow up holes that got ya. Tough conditions for sure..... i wish i was playing today again and not at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2