TESTERS WANTED! ×

Lynx golf is apparently still around. And AWFUL at social media

Undershooter

If their social media director had any sense of humor at all, this could have blown up in a super positive way just a few days before the PGA show!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I agree, but some people don't like the parody stuff. I started following Lynx after reading that. It seems like they are strictly business... a little fun and games could have opened up there market for sure.

I agree, but some people don't like the parody stuff. I started following Lynx after reading that. It seems like they are strictly business... a little fun and games could have opened up there market for sure.

A little light banter, and they would have owned social media going into the PGA show. They didn't have to go crazy with it, but just not do what they did.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Yeah, seems almost too good to be true. Be interested in seeing what they are all about. If they sell a set of forged clubs for under $600... what will that do to the market? If they take flight here.

Probably worth it's own thread, but I've been thinking about this for a while. The MB style clubs from all the major OEMs are always some of their priciest clubs, and yet, from a tech perspective, offer nothing. I can't imagine the manufacturing costs for a simple blade can be that enormous.

But because they are aimed at the more accomplished player who takes his game seriously and is willing to shell out considerable money, they carry enormous price tags.

What would a cheaper blade (or forged CB) do in the market? It's a fascinating question, because in some measure, a cheap price tag would mean that a portion of their target audience would simply refuse to take them seriously.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Probably worth it's own thread, but I've been thinking about this for a while. The MB style clubs from all the major OEMs are always some of their priciest clubs, and yet, from a tech perspective, offer nothing. I can't imagine the manufacturing costs for a simple blade can be that enormous.

But because they are aimed at the more accomplished player who takes his game seriously and is willing to shell out considerable money, they carry enormous price tags.

What would a cheaper blade (or forged CB) do in the market? It's a fascinating question, because in some measure, a cheap price tag would mean that a portion of their target audience would simply refuse to take them seriously.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I believe in you pay for what you get except golf equipment... to a point. The epic irons are a perfect example, so is the PXG.. just my opinion but what do you really get vs the closest “normal” priced club?

But if it is forged out of the same metal as the “top brands” with the same loft and shafts, you are looking at the name at that point.

This definitely sparks my interest.

I'm sure they gained a few followers like yourself from the free publicity but at the same time, their twitter account actually lost about 600 followers lol. And they didn't have many to spare to begin with. Their account only had around 3800 when this started and has dropped to around 3200.

It's pretty impressive to lose close to 16% of your following in a day.

Their clubs did peak my interest. But the fact that they almost identical to the Dynacraft's makes me lose that early interest. Why don't I just go buy those if I want some? I'm pretty sure I can get a full set of those with X100s in them for even cheaper.

I believe Lynx's twitter account is run by the husband and wife duo that own the company. They are listed as the CEO and CFO. Maybe they can bring the Lynx name back a little but they aren't off to the best start.

I guess any free publicity is better than none at all. But I can't help but feel like they missed out on a golden opportunity here. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I won't disagree, there are a lot of “fun” golf accounts out there. But when I see a bunch of dudes jumping golf carts into a bunker, etc. I unfollow immediately.

Not saying CPG is one of those accounts, but maybe they think things should be a little more serious. Just a thought.

The “fun” places have a lot followers and it seems to be a movement in golf. It just not my thing.

I won't disagree, there are a lot of “fun” golf accounts out there. But when I see a bunch of dudes jumping golf carts into a bunker, etc. I unfollow immediately.

Not saying CPG is one of those accounts, but maybe they think things should be a little more serious. Just a thought.

The “fun” places have a lot followers and it seems to be a movement in golf. It just not my thing.

I'm with you on that. I've checked out a few of those worst/funniest swing compilations and they just make me mad.

It's usually a bunch of drunks trying the Happy Gilmore swing or complete rage monsters flipping out and breaking stuff after an absolutely atrocious swing.

I really hate it when people take delight in tearing up the course for clicks.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm with you on that. I've checked out a few of those worst/funniest swing compilations and they just make me mad.

It's usually a bunch of drunks trying the Happy Gilmore swing or complete rage monsters flipping out and breaking stuff after an absolutely atrocious swing.

I really hate it when people take delight in tearing up the course for clicks.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Perfect example for the tech generation...

Yea I don't like those accounts either tbh. Barstool for example. They are sort of bad about it, despite their golf division not agreeing with it. They are in it for the clicks. I unfollowed them purely because of that. It pisses me off when others destroy someone's course/property/hard work for fun.

NLU and ClubProGuy haven't ever posted anything like that. At least not to my memory. About the closest I can recall is them(NLU) posting their own swings and letting people roast them on it. And I found that HILARIOUS. Take a look at #roastmyswing on twitter if you want to see some of them. 

Side note: If any of my friends ever try videoing me getting hit with a golf cart, they better expect a 9 iron to the face. 

Yeah. I'd go 5 iron so I could get a bit more speed.

But as a dad, trying to show my kids what golf is. They look up stuff, and it is always someone doing something dumb with a golf cart, club...

Yep that makes it difficult. There is always the trick shot accounts. Those are pretty cool! 

Those look beautiful. My first set of clubs were Lynx Black Cats. Back when Freddy Couples was backing them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Archived