Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
Zarfot

F8+ First thoughts

I'll be playing Sierra Lakes in Riverside, CA today for the first time. It will be interesting to see how it handles my game ball vs the cheap range ones. I believe some of the holes are pretty tight so driving accuracy will be key.

Beers & Birdies

• Like 3

I'll be playing Sierra Lakes in Riverside, CA today for the first time. It will be interesting to see how it handles my game ball vs the cheap range ones. I believe some of the holes are pretty tight so driving accuracy will be key.

Beers & Birdies

Play well and let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I had planned on hitting the F8 yesterday but school was closed so my kids were with me. Roads were a sheet of ice, so we stayed home. Trying to find time to go hit the 3W

Play well and let us know how it goes.

Just finished my round and it went fairly well for the conditions... 30mph + winds coming off the mountains which made play and putting difficult. It was a challenge, but it was a great day all in all. F8+ had a few nice drives 350 + yards because of the wind haha. I dialed down to 9.5 again and swapped the 2g and 12g to position more weight near the back of the club. This led to the perfect ball flight for the windy conditions when struck properly... Looking forward to play hopefully tomorrow away from the mountains. It's hard to judge performance when you have to purposely draw or fade into the wind. Or aim 40 yards L/ R to account for it

Pic of Mt. Baldy from hole 1820180113_153146.jpg

• Like 7

Just finished my round and it went fairly well for the conditions... 30mph + winds coming off the mountains which made play and putting difficult. It was a challenge, but it was a great day all in all. F8+ had a few nice drives 350 + yards because of the wind haha. I dialed down to 9.5 again and swapped the 2g and 12g to position more weight near the back of the club. This led to the perfect ball flight for the windy conditions when struck properly... Looking forward to play hopefully tomorrow away from the mountains. It's hard to judge performance when you have to purposely draw or fade into the wind. Or aim 40 yards L/ R to account for it

Pic of Mt. Baldy from hole 18attachicon.gif20180113_153146.jpg

Just remember, the 400+ yard drives that DJ and others are credited with in their driving averages are DOWNHILL, and often, downwind! Those 350 drives COUNT!!!

• Like 2