Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
Aotearoa_Brad

Saturday in Hawaii

Was it really 38 minutes before they rescinded the alert???

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

From what I've heard, an email was sent out 18 min. after the initial warning, and a text was sent out 38 min. after the initial warning. Crazy thing is, you would typically only have 12-13 min. of warning in case of a real threat. That's not very much time...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

'Seek immediate shelter' Right! With a nuclear missile headed your way?

To be technically accurate,  there was nothing that stipulated they were nukes.  Ballistic missiles don't have to contain a nuclear payload.  Ballistic is really about its trajectory.  

Was it really 38 minutes before they rescinded the alert???

Yes, we were in the dark about the whole thing for about 30 minutes or so frantically searching online for updates. One of our house reps tweeted that it was not legit. Our entire emergency broadcast system was an epic fail, I had to turn to Reddit for up to the minute details. They said an ICBM would take about 12 minutes to reach us, so we could've been goners if it were real.

TBH though, I don't think it's worth it for KJU to hit Hawaii, it's a low value target considering his entire country will probably be deleted from the globe if he were to attack the US.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Apparently someone pushed a wrong button during a shift change or something like that.

"Whoops! Meant to hit logout, instead sent out an incoming ballistic missile alert. I'm having a real case of the Mondays!"

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Apparently someone pushed a wrong button during a shift change or something like that.

"Whoops! Meant to hit logout, instead sent out an incoming ballistic missile alert. I'm having a real case of the Mondays!"

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

“Oops, Sorry my bad”. Doesn't cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Yes, we were in the dark about the whole thing for about 30 minutes or so frantically searching online for updates. One of our house reps tweeted that it was not legit. Our entire emergency broadcast system was an epic fail, I had to turn to Reddit for up to the minute details. They said an ICBM would take about 12 minutes to reach us, so we could've been goners if it were real.

TBH though, I don't think it's worth it for KJU to hit Hawaii, it's a low value target considering his entire country will probably be deleted from the globe if he were to attack the US.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I sure hope so, South Korea would be a island if anything ever happened.

• Like 1

So I just read a news update:

"On Saturday officials knew within three minutes that the error happened, but it took 38 minutes for the message to be sent out by the Emergency Alert System because that button was not programmed and in place."

They hadn't thought about programming a cancel button??? WTF? I'll bet ya that lawyers get into this one real quick. Lawsuits for the pain and anguish that mistake cost.

• Like 3

The stupidity never ends...and they get paid the Big Bucks.

• Like 2