TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Voted to be the most boring sports on YouGov

VOOGOLF

Yea... ummm....... never mind.

It's really a shame I can only like this once....

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't even recall if I responded to this thread at all - must have been bored at the time. :)

Every sport is boring to the non-fan - it's confusing and boring.  Golf is not boring to most of us.  College Football is boring to me - didn't used to be first the BCS drove me away, then I met a member of the press who covered big time college football (was a Heisman Voter) and I learned far too much including the reality that no one talks to a 4 or 5 star recruit unless they pay off an agent first (the agent may be a relative or close family friend.)  So it's a de facto pro sport - I don't watch minor league baseball or D league basketball on TV so why would I start watching minor league football?  Also it is responsible for conference realignment and only allowing the old boys to stay around and play - that left UConn on the outside looking in - don't care about that for football but do for hoops.

Ironically I still do watch college hoops even though the same thing holds true for it - but it never lost my interest by doing something as dumb as trying to pawn the BCS off as a championship although conference realignment stings.  The two hour time frame - under an hour if you record the game - fits my life's pace and attention span nicely.

So being a sports fan is illogical - I also like Golf and Baseball both of which move rather slow (although the ball is in play far longer during the course of a game than it is in football NFL average is 18 minutes of playing time).

Go figure

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Minor league baseball isn't for TV, but it can be fun in person.  They do fan participation stuff that a classicist  wouldn't tolerate in MLB, but in a cozy minor league park in a small town, it's fun.

I couldn't agree more about college football.  I haven't been a fan since Doug Flutie more than thirty years ago.

I watch the 16 Patriots games and the usual post season games that follow them--no post season for me if they're not in it-- and I watch the local TV Harvard-Yale game which is real college football. And that's all the football for me.

(Harvard-Yale is a "neutral site" game at Fenway Park, which is hardly neutral, this year.)

As for the Red Sox, they literally save my life in the summer.  They're on every night, that keeps me off cable news, and that in turn leaves me with decent blood pressure levels for half the year--just enough to keep me alive.

Sorry, Rachel, I love you, but what you tell me makes me either homicidal or suicidal.

I loved those Saturday afternoon TV matches even more than tournaments when I was a young kid.

Jimmy Demaret and Gene Sarazen did the commentary.

Great fun, and a little educational too. The Squire would demonstrate shots and afterward, I'd try them in the backyard using those plastic balls with the holes in them. Do they still make those?

They do still make these, they have them at my local Target. I used to use these when I first started playing, but they didn't last long when you have the tendency to chop them in the ground.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 1 month later...

Archived