Gratuitous Picture Thread - PING G700 Irons

Tony Covey MGS

They are great looking irons and obviously distance is one of their selling points. Having had the opportunity to hit them I will say that they have a nice feel. I think it is a great fit for golfers that are looking for more distance. While the lofts are lower I think you will still be able to get some height on the longer irons which is key for those with slower swing speeds. My biggest complaint is the heel to toe length, this is a big clubhead and looks big at setup.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

These are really really well done. Very nice to look at and a beautiful subtle design. (I'm probably biased since I have the Glide 2.0 wedges which have the same hydropearl coating)

I do wonder what Karsten Solheim would say were he alive today. Would he be thrilled or disappointed with the direction that Ping seems to have gone in the last few years with their iron design and aesthetics.

As someone who started with Ping (as some of you also might have) this is a huge difference (and upgrade!) from models of years past.

Can't wait to hear more about these and see how the testing goes.

OH - one thing I am quite curious about is how customizable those little screws that go in the toe are. They certainly seem like they can be removed and swapped out.

I was wondering about that too. Is this a port for foam filling like the TM P-7 series?

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I was wondering about that too. Is this a port for foam filling like the TM P-7 series?

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

No its strictly for the weight port.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

No its strictly for the weight port.

I am assuming it will probably be like their other weights where it comes one way from the factory but they don't make the other weights available, ala the G400 driver or the new Vault 2.0 putters?

• Like 1

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I am assuming it will probably be like their other weights where it comes one way from the factory but they don't make the other weights available, ala the G400 driver or the new Vault 2.0 putters?

It is a little perplexing that it's there and has only 1 option (if that's the case).  Seems as though if you wanted to move some weight out towards the toe it would be possible to swap the weight out with something else...

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

Great looking irons. Easily the best looking G series that Ping has come out with. I like the trend of manufacturers going for more simple and clean looks in the GI category.

• Like 4
:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I agree! I like the fact they are looking more classic and less like spaceships now. These, TitleistTMB and TaylorMade P790 are all beautiful looking clubs.

• Like 2

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I agree! I like the fact they are looking more classic and less like spaceships now. These, TitleistTMB and TaylorMade P790 are all beautiful looking clubs.

My favorite post of 2018 so far...

Space ships... belong in space.

It is a little perplexing that it's there and has only 1 option (if that's the case). Seems as though if you wanted to move some weight out towards the toe it would be possible to swap the weight out with something else...

Purely a guess on my part as I don't know this, but perhaps it's only meant to be changed as the result of a custom fitting agree you need a longer shaft after your fitting and they adjust the weight of the head to keep the same swing weight. I know oems do thst now by just having different weight heads in stock to fulfill custom orders. Maybe this is the new way of accomplishing that.

Just purely a guess.

• Like 1

Purely a guess on my part as I don't know this, but perhaps it's only meant to be changed as the result of a custom fitting agree you need a longer shaft after your fitting and they adjust the weight of the head to keep the same swing weight. I know oems do thst now by just having different weight heads in stock to fulfill custom orders. Maybe this is the new way of accomplishing that.

Just purely a guess.

It's got to be removable for some reason...

I could easily find a screwdriver bit that fits. [emoji1]

Inject a little foam to quiet it down a bit?

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's got to be removable for some reason...

I could easily find a screwdriver bit that fits. [emoji1]

Inject a little foam to quiet it down a bit?

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Haha. Actually laughing about this one. It appears to be about a T2 or T4 bit.

• Like 2

Haha. Actually laughing about this one. It appears to be about a T2 or T4 bit.

Not to threadjack but it cracks me up when you get an adjustable club and not the "tool"...Go to the hardware store and grab a screwdriver with the right size bit and save yourself like 20 bucks...

Anyway...back to hating on these Ping irons. Why do they seem so wide from heel to toe?I

That little bit of chrome plus the hydropearl is [emoji108]

Sent from my Kindle fire using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Anyway...back to hating on these Ping irons. Why do they seem so wide from heel to toe?I

Because they are very wide from heel to toe.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

ping_tm.png

What's the origin of the phrase 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'?

This proverbial expression dates from the early 19th century, although versions of it that paraphrased the same thought existed well before then.

The first of these alternate versions is found in a biography of Marcus Aurelius by Jeremy Collier and André Dacier, titled Emperor Marcus Antoninus his conversation with himself, 1708:

You should consider that Imitation is the most acceptable part of Worship, and that the Gods had much rather Mankind should Resemble, than Flatter them.

A nearer stab at the current version comes in a piece by the English writer Eustace Budgell in the newspaper The Spectator No. 605, October 1714:

Imitation is a kind of artless Flattery.

The full monty as far as this proverb is concerned was given by Charles Caleb Colton, in Lacon: or, Many things in few words, 1820:

Imitation is the sincerest of flattery.

Colton was expressing the same idea as Budgell, in that, to imitate is to flatter without necessarily being aware one is flattering. As such, that 'artless' appreciation has to be 'sincere'.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful.images.jpeg

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 w/ Diamana X 70g B4 setting

Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP 4-PW S300 shafts 1* upright

Titleist Vokey Wedges 50-54-58

Cobra Fly-z 16.5 FW

Adams Pro Boxer hybrid 18*

6.5 index, RH, Cleveland, OH

Take Dead Aim

Beautiful.attachicon.gifimages.jpeg

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 w/ Diamana X 70g B4 setting

Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP 4-PW S300 shafts 1* upright

Titleist Vokey Wedges 50-54-58

Cobra Fly-z 16.5 FW

Adams Pro Boxer hybrid 18*

6.5 index, RH, Cleveland, OH

They are also available in traditional and what they call Retro lofts.

So filling wedge gaps may not be an issue for everyone.

• Like 1