TESTERS WANTED! ×

New shaft selection

What's the best method to select a shaft that's right for me. I just bought an M1 with a stiff shaft and I need a Regular flex. Not sure about launch angle. Swing speed is 88.  Typically hit the ball rather high. Carry is about 175 yds. Miss is typically right but occasionally snap hook tee shots.

I'd appreciate any fitting advice.

unfortunately, it isn't a simple answer.   Fitting a shaft is about how the shaft actually performs with your swing.   Generally the best way is to try multiple shafts on a launch monitor and assess how the shaft works.  Keys things to look at are launch angle, spin, dispersion, etc.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It's a pretty simple answer.  The best way is to find a competent fitter and go get fit.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

It's a pretty simple answer.  The best way is to find a competent fitter and go get fit.

Ok,  so it is a simple answer.   Just not a simple answer for someone on this board to provide with the provided information   :)

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Your reputable fitter should be the best route to getting the correct shot for you.

It's not simply a matter of flex - the correct length, weight and profile (eg "kick point") will be factors which determine how the club head is delivered to the ball with your swing. 

Unless you know shaft dynamics and the fitting process very well, guessing the correct shaft by yourself will be largely a case of trial and error on your part - expensive and time consuming on your part for the majority of cases.

The wiser customer gets fitted by a professional and usually avoids the subsequent whims to buy something different each month because they will usually have the best tool for the job the first time around. Trust me, it's cheaper in the long run and your scores will reflect this. You just have to resist the temptation of thinking there's short cut to better golf with zero effort - there isn't.

What's the best method to select a shaft that's right for me. I just bought an M1 with a stiff shaft and I need a Regular flex. Not sure about launch angle. Swing speed is 88.  Typically hit the ball rather high. Carry is about 175 yds. Miss is typically right but occasionally snap hook tee shots.

I'd appreciate any fitting advice.

You can't get fit for a shaft here in the forum. It's physically impossible. Take the advice of the guys above. You'll thank them.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived