Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
HardcoreLooper

Tee Time Golf Pass - Worth It?

Do any of you out there have the Tee Time Golf Pass? Do you feel as though it's worth it?

I'm in an interesting (fortunate) situation. I'm a First Tee volunteer, and they let volunteers play the course (a 4600 yard executive course) for free. So I play there quite a bit. My daughters are both First Tee participants, and they play for free as well. Tough to argue with.

But sometimes we want to play somewhere else. Is the Tee Time pass worth it? Or can we just do better looking for deals on GolfNow (which I've done in the past).

Your best option on discounted greens fees is to look on Golf Now, then call the course and ask them if they will honor the GN price if you book with the course directly.  GolfNow keeps a significant portion of "Hot Deal" green fees as payment from courses for tee sheet management and POS Systems.  I am always very happy to put cash in my till and get some more play at the club.....

YMMV.

• Like 3

I came to the forum to ask this very question.  The vast majority of the deals are M-Th only which doesn't mesh with my work schedule.  That being said, golf is so expensive here (DC Metro area) that I still believe I would be able to make my money back without too much effort.  I was hoping to here from someone who has used the pass before.  I'm always leery of discount books like this because I've been burnt in the past.  I've gone to courses who either play dumb and say they've never heard of the particular promotion I'm trying to use or state a few extra requirements that I didn't meet and therefore can't use the discount.

• Like 1

First thing I thought of when I read the title was, "Is getting a golf pass from your wife, for services rendered" worth it.    Was anxious to read some of those replies  :rolleyes:

As to the Tee Time Pass, I had it one year many years ago, and I think it was a good deal for me at the time.   Of course then I played all over and had pretty good flexibility on when I could go play, as some are restrricted to days and times.   

• Like 1

Not sure about the pass...never heard of it, but in regards to golfnow...I used it quite a bit last year and it was o-kay.

Found this site earlier this year and looking forward to seeing if it is worth it.  Looks like it aggregates from a number of different golfnow type services.

https://supremegolf.com/

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Your best option on discounted greens fees is to look on Golf Now, then call the course and ask them if they will honor the GN price if you book with the course directly. GolfNow keeps a significant portion of "Hot Deal" green fees as payment from courses for tee sheet management and POS Systems. I am always very happy to put cash in my till and get some more play at the club.....

YMMV.

Wow I didn't know this. I will try that this year so the club gets all my money instead of just some of it

• Like 1

Wow I didn't know this. I will try that this year so the club gets all my money instead of just some of it

But just to add one thing to what Mmmmmmbudy said, which is correct in some cases by the way.  Not all courses operate on that plan.   

We wouldn't' honor such a request, as we don't give them back anything on bookings.  Instead they get two tee times a day that are their's to book or promote however they want, and they get the greens fees for those.  in exchange for the rest of the tee sheet being on it's system.  

• Like 2

I came to the forum to ask this very question. The vast majority of the deals are M-Th only which doesn't mesh with my work schedule. That being said, golf is so expensive here (DC Metro area) that I still believe I would be able to make my money back without too much effort. I was hoping to here from someone who has used the pass before. I'm always leery of discount books like this because I've been burnt in the past. I've gone to courses who either play dumb and say they've never heard of the particular promotion I'm trying to use or state a few extra requirements that I didn't meet and therefore can't use the discount.

Laurel Hill and Potomac Shores are reasonably priced and are fantastic tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Your best option on discounted greens fees is to look on Golf Now, then call the course and ask them if they will honor the GN price if you book with the course directly.  GolfNow keeps a significant portion of "Hot Deal" green fees as payment from courses for tee sheet management and POS Systems.  I am always very happy to put cash in my till and get some more play at the club.....

YMMV.

But just to add one thing to what Mmmmmmbudy said, which is correct in some cases by the way.  Not all courses operate on that plan.   

We wouldn't' honor such a request, as we don't give them back anything on bookings.  Instead they get two tee times a day that are their's to book or promote however they want, and they get the greens fees for those.  in exchange for the rest of the tee sheet being on it's system.

MmmmmmBuddy and Carolina Golfer 2 - Thanks to both of you for bringing your knowledge. I didn't know about the different business models, but I'm not all that surprised.