TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tee Time Golf Pass - Worth It?

HardcoreLooper

Do any of you out there have the Tee Time Golf Pass? Do you feel as though it's worth it?

I'm in an interesting (fortunate) situation. I'm a First Tee volunteer, and they let volunteers play the course (a 4600 yard executive course) for free. So I play there quite a bit. My daughters are both First Tee participants, and they play for free as well. Tough to argue with.

But sometimes we want to play somewhere else. Is the Tee Time pass worth it? Or can we just do better looking for deals on GolfNow (which I've done in the past).

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Your best option on discounted greens fees is to look on Golf Now, then call the course and ask them if they will honor the GN price if you book with the course directly.  GolfNow keeps a significant portion of "Hot Deal" green fees as payment from courses for tee sheet management and POS Systems.  I am always very happy to put cash in my till and get some more play at the club.....

YMMV.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• 4 weeks later...

I came to the forum to ask this very question.  The vast majority of the deals are M-Th only which doesn't mesh with my work schedule.  That being said, golf is so expensive here (DC Metro area) that I still believe I would be able to make my money back without too much effort.  I was hoping to here from someone who has used the pass before.  I'm always leery of discount books like this because I've been burnt in the past.  I've gone to courses who either play dumb and say they've never heard of the particular promotion I'm trying to use or state a few extra requirements that I didn't meet and therefore can't use the discount.

Sean K.

Driver: :callaway-small: Great Big Bertha, 10.5o, -1"
Wood: :srixon-small: Z-F85, 3W, 15o
Hybrids: :titelist-small: 818 H1, 19o
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Hot Metal 4-GW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2.0 55o, 60o
Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: Tour Impact No. 3
Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star

2017 Vice Pro Forum Review
2019 Tommy Armour Tour Impact No.3 Forum Review

First thing I thought of when I read the title was, "Is getting a golf pass from your wife, for services rendered" worth it.    Was anxious to read some of those replies  :rolleyes:

As to the Tee Time Pass, I had it one year many years ago, and I think it was a good deal for me at the time.   Of course then I played all over and had pretty good flexibility on when I could go play, as some are restrricted to days and times.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Not sure about the pass...never heard of it, but in regards to golfnow...I used it quite a bit last year and it was o-kay.

Found this site earlier this year and looking forward to seeing if it is worth it.  Looks like it aggregates from a number of different golfnow type services.

https://supremegolf.com/

Capture.JPG

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Your best option on discounted greens fees is to look on Golf Now, then call the course and ask them if they will honor the GN price if you book with the course directly. GolfNow keeps a significant portion of "Hot Deal" green fees as payment from courses for tee sheet management and POS Systems. I am always very happy to put cash in my till and get some more play at the club.....

YMMV.

Wow I didn't know this. I will try that this year so the club gets all my money instead of just some of it

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Wow I didn't know this. I will try that this year so the club gets all my money instead of just some of it

But just to add one thing to what Mmmmmmbudy said, which is correct in some cases by the way.  Not all courses operate on that plan.   

We wouldn't' honor such a request, as we don't give them back anything on bookings.  Instead they get two tee times a day that are their's to book or promote however they want, and they get the greens fees for those.  in exchange for the rest of the tee sheet being on it's system.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I came to the forum to ask this very question. The vast majority of the deals are M-Th only which doesn't mesh with my work schedule. That being said, golf is so expensive here (DC Metro area) that I still believe I would be able to make my money back without too much effort. I was hoping to here from someone who has used the pass before. I'm always leery of discount books like this because I've been burnt in the past. I've gone to courses who either play dumb and say they've never heard of the particular promotion I'm trying to use or state a few extra requirements that I didn't meet and therefore can't use the discount.

Laurel Hill and Potomac Shores are reasonably priced and are fantastic tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Your best option on discounted greens fees is to look on Golf Now, then call the course and ask them if they will honor the GN price if you book with the course directly.  GolfNow keeps a significant portion of "Hot Deal" green fees as payment from courses for tee sheet management and POS Systems.  I am always very happy to put cash in my till and get some more play at the club.....

YMMV.

But just to add one thing to what Mmmmmmbudy said, which is correct in some cases by the way.  Not all courses operate on that plan.   

We wouldn't' honor such a request, as we don't give them back anything on bookings.  Instead they get two tee times a day that are their's to book or promote however they want, and they get the greens fees for those.  in exchange for the rest of the tee sheet being on it's system.

MmmmmmBuddy and Carolina Golfer 2 - Thanks to both of you for bringing your knowledge. I didn't know about the different business models, but I'm not all that surprised.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 2 years later...

I am retired and on a fixed income and have used your tee time book for many years to help defray the costs of golfing. Until this year I have never had an issue with a golf club refusing to honor the book.

On Friday 6/5/2020 two friends and myself set up tee times at Skippack Golf Course located at 1146 Stump Hall Road, Skippack, PA .The price listed on page 27 for the senior special is $29 cart included. Myself and one other of the threesome presented the book to the clerk and were told that they were not honoring the book. I asked the clerk if Tee Time knew that they were not honoring the book price and he said “I think so”.  

I contacted Tee Time and told them that the golf club was not honoring their commitment. They replied "We understand this is a difficult season for all of us and some golf courses may have temporarily changed their policy regarding usage of the 2020 TeeTime Golf Pass. We believe and have verified through multiple discussions with golf course operators, that these occurrences are the minority. In addition, the season is still young with a lot of golf to be played in 2020. With those factors considered, currently we are not giving refunds, exchanges, and/or extending any deadlines." 

Don't waste your money on a business that does not meet the commitments of their product.

• 2 years later...

Bump on this topic. 

I'm looking at one that covers most of Ohio and Western Pennsylvania. Golf Now sucks around here (limited courses and most are bad or overbooked). I like playing different courses and dislike feeling like I overpaid. 

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 11:41 AM, FightingScot82 said:

Bump on this topic. 

I'm looking at one that covers most of Ohio and Western Pennsylvania. Golf Now sucks around here (limited courses and most are bad or overbooked). I like playing different courses and dislike feeling like I overpaid. 

My brother and I both got one in 2021, we passed on 2022.  Many of courses that had Weekend anytime deals, withdrew those for 2022.  Guess we'll check for 2023.  We more than got out money out of 2021.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 minute ago, stuka44 said:

My brother and I both got one in 2021, we passed on 2022.  Many of courses that had Weekend anytime deals, withdrew those for 2022.  Guess we'll check for 2023.  We more than got out money out of 2021.

That's my issue too. Of the courses near me with weekend deals, most are 45-hr away and after 1pm or 2pm. That's too long of a trip for my wife to approve 😆 

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"