Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Taylormade driver

antjonykim48

What is the justification used for the SuperDeep being $200 more than the other TM drivers? Is it supposed to be better in some way, or do they just like having a driver on the market at that high price point to somehow convey that they have something "superpremium" out on the market?

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

What is the justification used for the SuperDeep being $200 more than the other TM drivers? Is it supposed to be better in some way, or do they just like having a driver on the market at that high price point to somehow convey that they have something "superpremium" out on the market?

The latter. It's about making the stockholders happy, not the golfers. They are in no means the exception, but they're the worst in my opinion.

The latter. It's about making the stockholders happy, not the golfers. They are in no means the exception, but they're the worst in my opinion.

First, i dont like TM at all !

but you guys dont know what you are talking about if you bash on DEEP FACE drivers. Ive played the Cobra S9-1 PRO-D which is about the same as the Superdeep in term of head shape. They produce less spin than any other drivers when you hit it high in the face.they dont have the same forgiveness too tho. I play a lot with my ball moving in the face when i have up and down winds and those kind of drivers are the Best. I would never put a TM driver in my bags until they made THAT one. Those drivers are actually not for the regular sunday golfer which is 99% of the consumer.

Adams 9032LS 9.5 / ust axivcore tour green 76x

Titleist 906f4 13.5 / ust V2 90s

Adams 9031 20 / project X 6.0

4-pw Nike Double cavity Forged / KBS chrome

50,54,58 Titleist Vokey Spin milled chrome

Ping Zing

The SuperDeep is already down to $399, which is the same as the SuperTri. It was targeted to better players, thus it was more expensive. No different than the Mizuno MP-68 blades costing $1000 while the JPX 800 is $700.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

First, i dont like TM at all !

but you guys dont know what you are talking about if you bash on DEEP FACE drivers. Ive played the Cobra S9-1 PRO-D which is about the same as the Superdeep in term of head shape. They produce less spin than any other drivers when you hit it high in the face.they dont have the same forgiveness too tho. I play a lot with my ball moving in the face when i have up and down winds and those kind of drivers are the Best. I would never put a TM driver in my bags until they made THAT one. Those drivers are actually not for the regular sunday golfer which is 99% of the consumer.

Deep-faced drivers, just as 9 (or 8, 10, 11, etc.) degree lofts, "standard" sized grips, 45"+ driver lengths and any other golf club niche aren't for everyone. It's about physical characteristics and swing mechanics, which is different for everyone. Deep-faced drivers are geared towards people that have a descending blow, wheareas a shallow-faced driver is more for helping a golfer get his/her shots airborne. The reason the SuperDeep plays like the S9-1/Pro-D is because they have a higher center of gravity combined with more face roll (compared to a non-tour model). When hit just above the center of the face (most likely, with that slightly descending strike, if it's a tour-quality swing), the "vertical gear effect" is enacted. Because of the roll, you're also hitting it with about 1* more loft than what's etched on the sole. The gear effect reduces (but not eliminates) backspin, which leads to more distance (if everything else is optimized). This isn't an uncommon, or brand new, practice... especially in "tour" driver heads.

What we're talking about is the constant influx of drivers from TM- especially with the r9 lineup. It doesn't matter if it's deep-faced, shallow-faced, 400cc, 460cc, etc. It's like a swarm of locusts and in my opinion, not necessary. They could've skipped the r9 460, or made the original r9 a 460cc model... but it's about marketing and money-making for most OEMs, not doing what's in the best interest of the golfing public.

Archived