Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

MGS Moral Codes

STUDque

Rule #5 seems to be difficult to understand sometimes...

Sent from a bunker filled with mana

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I re-read those after Adam's post the other day. Its refreshing to be part of s community that does such s good job of self policing. Ir really more like, have very little need to self police. For the most part they are observed very well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I agree with CG2. I'm a member of a couple of forums including the largest boating forum. On the latter I stopped reading and contributing because of the abusive posts and language. It's refreshing to be part of a forum (MGS) that is helpful regardless of skill or brand selection. Also nice to be part of a forum that doesn't have political posts.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I agree with CG2. I'm a member of a couple of forums including the largest boating forum. On the latter I stopped reading and contributing because of the abusive posts and language. It's refreshing to be part of a forum (MGS) that is helpful regardless of skill or brand selection. Also nice to be part of a forum that doesn't have political posts.

Agree so much on the political and brand choice comments!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Truly a very respectful and considerate group that keeps things on-topic, values everyone's opinion (even when they may not agree with it) and are civil, well-mannered and polite to each other.

With a forum this size and 7 million visitors over the course of the last year this is highly unusual and commendable.  

Happy to be a part of this family.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

For me, it is ideals such as these that make me feel MGS is the unquestionably, premier top golf forum, and am proud to take part.

Great discussions about golf issues, and superior reporting. No better place to learn and grow as a golfer.

WITB 2021
Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 9* w/ C.Kua Stiff

FW: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 15* w/ C.Kua Stiff

HY: Cleveland Launcher Halo 19* w/ C.Kua Stiff 

Irons: Titleist 716 AP1 4-PW w/ KBS 90 Stiff

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, & 60^

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Laguna 2 OR OG Futura

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1/V1x OR Chrome Soft TT

Bag: Sun Mountain 2019 4.5 14way carry

Clothes: Nike OR Under Armour 

For me, it is ideals such as these that make me feel MGS is the unquestionably, premier top golf forum, and am proud to take part.

Great discussions about golf issues, and superior reporting. No better place to learn and grow as a golfer.

You summed this place up perfectly in three sentences. Well done!!

Great post Stud!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have to say, this is a truly awesome group and forum.  Thanks for allowing me to be apart.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Good post...I'm usually on mobile so I forget it's there

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the reminder, STUD, and hopefully a lot of the new members also take a minute to read through.......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Having stumbled upon this site last year looking for the "best" of something related to golf gear, I was so impressed by the high degree of quality discussion and general "civilness" that I felt compelled to join, donate and contribute when I could. I've never joined a forum before (or since) and feel very privileged to be a part of the best golf discussion pages in the WORLD!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Having stumbled upon this site last year looking for the "best" of something related to golf gear, I was so impressed by the high degree of quality discussion and general "civilness" that I felt compelled to join, donate and contribute when I could. I've never joined a forum before (or since) and feel very privileged to be a part of the best golf discussion pages in the WORLD!

Spot on for 99.9% of the time. On that .1% the Mods step in and do a great job of managing out the 'trolls'.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Spot on for 99.9% of the time. On that .1% the Mods step in and do a great job of managing out the 'trolls'.

Yes Sir! They do a fine service and are always on top of things for sure. Cannot thank them enough!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

These Moral codes are good for life in general as well as any social media postings.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

These Moral codes are good for life in general as well as any social media postings.

Hear, hear!

I try to apply that old carpenter's rule:

"Measure twice, cut once."

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have on MGS for a little while now. Do i agree with every post? Nope. Do i think I am the only right one on here, Nope. Have i everhad a bad word or message come my way, Nope. Have people thought of me as an Idiot? Probably. Is that ok, sure.. this is why MGS works. we all understand that we are not going to agree with everything everyone says. and that's ok.. but in the end we are all gentlemen and Golfers, that is what brought us here, And this forum keeps us here for all the exact same reasons.. 

Just like brothers we might not always agree but we are still family..  And 1 bad ass incredible golf family we are.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I’ve actually experienced a couple responses with very aggressive language that either attacked me personally or attacked me as a member of a group with a shared belief. I always wonder if the the language from these folks would be personal and aggressive if we were standing nose to nose.

I believe the best rule of thumb is to discuss the subject and make your point with tangible information that supports your beliefs. Just recently someone responded to a posting about Tiger Woods beginning their sentence with, “You idiots......”. I guess my point here is we must continue to remain diligent so as to ensure Forum members stay on topic without personally attacking the beliefs of others.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I’ve actually experienced a couple responses with very aggressive language that either attacked me personally or attacked me as a member of a group with a shared belief. I always wonder if the the language from these folks would be personal and aggressive if we were standing nose to nose.

I believe the best rule of thumb is to discuss the subject and make your point with tangible information that supports your beliefs. Just recently someone responded to a posting about Tiger Woods beginning their sentence with, “You idiots......”. I guess my point here is we must continue to remain diligent so as to ensure Forum members stay on topic without personally attacking the beliefs of others.

Based upon your experiences, you of all people have the right and authority to speak on how social media can truly ruin or frustrate someone to their wits end.

There’s a decorum here that doesn’t necessarily force the moderators to state the rules. I have said it 100 times and I’ll say it again. The tone here is pleasant and self-governance does a very good job of making MGS a pleasant alternative to the social media world where it’s a competition to see who can shout the loudest.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

7 hours ago, Reesedw said:

I have on MGS for a little while now. Do i agree with every post? Nope. Do i think I am the only right one on here, Nope. Have i everhad a bad word or message come my way, Nope. Have people thought of me as an Idiot? Probably. Is that ok, sure.. this is why MGS works. we all understand that we are not going to agree with everything everyone says. and that's ok.. but in the end we are all gentlemen and Golfers, that is what brought us here, And this forum keeps us here for all the exact same reasons.. 

Just like brothers we might not always agree but we are still family..  And 1 bad ass incredible golf family we are.. 

It is such a pleasure as MOD not to have to constantly settle things down.   

John isn't on here as much in his new role, so I'll say it for him as he often did.  

You guys truly rock! 

1 hour ago, SteddyGolf said:

Hate to hear that Steddy.  But unfortunately there are a few in every bunch that feel belittling Is the way to make their point. 

I know your not the run to the mods and tell type.  But we definitely would like to know when someone needs a reminder of the MGS way.   

Unfortunately we can't read every post of every thread. 

47 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Based upon your experiences, you of all people have the right and authority to speak on how social media can truly ruin or frustrate someone to their wits end.

There’s a decorum here that doesn’t necessarily force the moderators to state the rules. I have said it 100 times and I’ll say it again. The tone here is pleasant and self-governance does a very good job of making MGS a pleasant alternative to the social media world where it’s a competition to see who can shout the loudest.

You guys Rock ---part 2!

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Tolmij said:

I have used a golf site that almost encouraged spiteful talk by their inaction. This is my first post and it looks as if I will enjoy being part on this community

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome from Northwest Ohio.  I was a member of that other site  - if anything, you'll find all forum members on MGS  providing encouragement and positive feedback vs. spiteful talk or ridicule. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 minute ago, Tolmij said:

I have used a golf site that almost encouraged spiteful talk by their inaction. This is my first post and it looks as if I will enjoy being part on this community

Welcome to the forums! For my part, I've not been part of any forum on any topic that encourages meaningful and respectful conversation as well as this one does. While I'm a mod here, our members self-moderate far more often than any of us need to get involved.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

6 minutes ago, Tolmij said:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome...and we hope it's the first of many!