GolfSpy STUDque

MGS Moral Codes

I went through these codes again and it got me thinking about the last year and the overall behaviour that has been exhibited here.

You guys rock

tenor.gif

• Like 9

I have on MGS for a little while now. Do i agree with every post? Nope. Do i think I am the only right one on here, Nope. Have i everhad a bad word or message come my way, Nope. Have people thought of me as an Idiot? Probably. Is that ok, sure.. this is why MGS works. we all understand that we are not going to agree with everything everyone says. and that's ok.. but in the end we are all gentlemen and Golfers, that is what brought us here, And this forum keeps us here for all the exact same reasons.. 

Just like brothers we might not always agree but we are still family..  And 1 bad ass incredible golf family we are.. 

• Like 7

I’ve actually experienced a couple responses with very aggressive language that either attacked me personally or attacked me as a member of a group with a shared belief. I always wonder if the the language from these folks would be personal and aggressive if we were standing nose to nose.

I believe the best rule of thumb is to discuss the subject and make your point with tangible information that supports your beliefs. Just recently someone responded to a posting about Tiger Woods beginning their sentence with, “You idiots......”. I guess my point here is we must continue to remain diligent so as to ensure Forum members stay on topic without personally attacking the beliefs of others.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

I’ve actually experienced a couple responses with very aggressive language that either attacked me personally or attacked me as a member of a group with a shared belief. I always wonder if the the language from these folks would be personal and aggressive if we were standing nose to nose.

I believe the best rule of thumb is to discuss the subject and make your point with tangible information that supports your beliefs. Just recently someone responded to a posting about Tiger Woods beginning their sentence with, “You idiots......”. I guess my point here is we must continue to remain diligent so as to ensure Forum members stay on topic without personally attacking the beliefs of others.

Based upon your experiences, you of all people have the right and authority to speak on how social media can truly ruin or frustrate someone to their wits end.

There’s a decorum here that doesn’t necessarily force the moderators to state the rules. I have said it 100 times and I’ll say it again. The tone here is pleasant and self-governance does a very good job of making MGS a pleasant alternative to the social media world where it’s a competition to see who can shout the loudest.
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Reesedw said:

I have on MGS for a little while now. Do i agree with every post? Nope. Do i think I am the only right one on here, Nope. Have i everhad a bad word or message come my way, Nope. Have people thought of me as an Idiot? Probably. Is that ok, sure.. this is why MGS works. we all understand that we are not going to agree with everything everyone says. and that's ok.. but in the end we are all gentlemen and Golfers, that is what brought us here, And this forum keeps us here for all the exact same reasons.. 

Just like brothers we might not always agree but we are still family..  And 1 bad ass incredible golf family we are.. 

It is such a pleasure as MOD not to have to constantly settle things down.   

John isn't on here as much in his new role, so I'll say it for him as he often did.  

You guys truly rock! 

1 hour ago, SteddyGolf said:

Hate to hear that Steddy.  But unfortunately there are a few in every bunch that feel belittling Is the way to make their point. 

I know your not the run to the mods and tell type.  But we definitely would like to know when someone needs a reminder of the MGS way.   

Unfortunately we can't read every post of every thread. 

47 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Based upon your experiences, you of all people have the right and authority to speak on how social media can truly ruin or frustrate someone to their wits end.

There’s a decorum here that doesn’t necessarily force the moderators to state the rules. I have said it 100 times and I’ll say it again. The tone here is pleasant and self-governance does a very good job of making MGS a pleasant alternative to the social media world where it’s a competition to see who can shout the loudest.

You guys Rock ---part 2!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tolmij said:

I have used a golf site that almost encouraged spiteful talk by their inaction. This is my first post and it looks as if I will enjoy being part on this community

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome from Northwest Ohio.  I was a member of that other site  - if anything, you'll find all forum members on MGS  providing encouragement and positive feedback vs. spiteful talk or ridicule. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tolmij said:

I have used a golf site that almost encouraged spiteful talk by their inaction. This is my first post and it looks as if I will enjoy being part on this community

Welcome to the forums! For my part, I've not been part of any forum on any topic that encourages meaningful and respectful conversation as well as this one does. While I'm a mod here, our members self-moderate far more often than any of us need to get involved.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tolmij said:

Welcome...and we hope it's the first of many!

• Like 5

The unfortunate part is with the more industry recognition that MGS continues to gain, the more squirrels we'll start to see in the yard. The fantastically awesome part however is that 99.9% of us wholeheartedly support and respect the forum, each other, and the MGS mission so those rascals don't seem to stick around for long. Any aggressive or negative posting that I've witnessed is more so troll-related rather than actual active forum members and they seem to get sorted out pretty quickly. 

Keep up the stellar work MGS!

• Like 8

The unfortunate part is with the more industry recognition that MGS continues to gain, the more squirrels we'll start to see in the yard. The fantastically awesome part however is that 99.9% of us wholeheartedly support and respect the forum, each other, and the MGS mission so those rascals don't seem to stick around for long. Any aggressive or negative posting that I've witnessed is more so troll-related rather than actual active forum members and they seem to get sorted out pretty quickly. 
Keep up the stellar work MGS!
Well put, and completely accurate.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Welcome from Northwest Ohio.  I was a member of that other site  - if anything, you'll find all forum members on MGS  providing encouragement and positive feedback vs. spiteful talk or ridicule. 

I am from the land down under Australia, good people laid back attitude but unfortunately many golfers are not very social. I have had many good rounds with excellent friends and also the opposite, have not played for many months but tomorrow, Monday will be my first game in 12 months. Thank you all for the welcome

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tolmij said:

I am from the land down under Australia, good people laid back attitude but unfortunately many golfers are not very social. I have had many good rounds with excellent friends and also the opposite, have not played for many months but tomorrow, Monday will be my first game in 12 months. Thank you all for the welcome

Where in Australia? We have members or members who have relatives in your country. I've played Tasmania golf course as well as Barnboogle. Daughter lives outside of Hobart. 

Where in Australia? We have members or members who have relatives in your country. I've played Tasmania golf course as well as Barnboogle. Daughter lives outside of Hobart. 

We are thousands of kilometres from there, south east Queensland near the Sunshine Coast, sub tropical climate. They say about Queensland, wonderful one day, perfect the next.

• Love 1