hckymeyer

How'd You Pick Your Screen Name?

I've always wondered on some, many have wondered what mine meant (hckymeyer) so here's the place to explain what your screen name means.

My old screen name was hckymeyer.  No crazy stories, I created it when I first got started on AOL instant messenger in college.  It's just "Hockey" without any vowels and my last name.  I've never had to change it because it's been available on every messenger, email, forum etc I've ever tried to use it on.

So what's the story behind your screen name?

• Like 4

This will be fun to hear.

Mine is really nothing special either.  I lived in North Carolina for several years in the RDU area.   In the early days of a forum down there I joined and there was already a Carolina Golfer singed up...go figure...LOL so I simply added a 2 on the end, as I'm not very creative.

It's also funny, many people will abbreviate it (myself included when I go third person  :D as CG2)   and for many years in the early 2000's all I played was Cleveland Golf stuff and had many bags with the CG logo on it.   So it felt like personalized bags and clubs...LOL

• Like 4

Never give the cops your real name. Joey East Coast was my go-to alias in the 80s and 90s when we would get thrown out of places for skateboarding. 

• Like 7

I've use ole gray ever since I became a member of a golf forum (started with THP).   I'm kind of old, have gray hair, and lived in Gray, Ga. for most of my life.  Now my avatar is a symbol of the old truck I drive. Not as old as the one you see however not a young chick either.  She's a 1998 GMC.  The woodshed on back of the truck represents something I was well known for on THP.   Taking folks to the woodshed on the golf course was pretty much a standing joke.  Oh well that's about all I got to say about this subject.

• Like 4

Mine has a bit of a story.  My first name is Jamie and all throughout my life I have been thought of as female.  Cases in point a female roomate my Freshman year of college, getting numerous letters to Ms. and an employer coding me as female in the HR system so I could not register my wife for benefits.  For a while I used my middle name which is Michael and all of my business coorespondence was from J. Michael.  The last part is well I am a CPA by trade so when it all comes together is is JmikeCPA.

• Like 3

I am an extremely proud alum of Mr. Jefferson's University.   To many we are the Cavaliers, but to those that know and love us we are the Wahoos.  There are two stories regarding how we became the 'Hoos.   It was the early 1900s, and we were playing a baseball game with another school.   They were overheard staying--they are just a bunch of Wahoos and it stuck.   The other story, the one I tend to accept, is that a Wahoo is a fish that will drink until it explodes.

• Like 5

Mine has a bit of a story. My first name is Jamie and all throughout my life I have been thought of as female. Cases in point a female roomate my Freshman year of college, getting numerous letters to Ms. and an employer coding me as female in the HR system so I could not register my wife for benefits. For a while I used my middle name which is Michael and all of my business coorespondence was from J. Michael. The last part is well I am a CPA by trade so when it all comes together is is JmikeCPA.

I just figured it was your first initial and your last name

• Like 2

I just figured it was your first initial and your last name

Not a bad guess.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Years ago at my old golf course there was an old guy (probably about as old as I am now!) who was named Ken and his last name began with an "A"; my last name begins with a "B".  So every time I walked into the clubhouse, the Pro would yell "Kenny B" (just like "Norm" on Cheers!).  I heard it so much that when I joined here, it just seemed appropriate.

• Like 4

Wore a Canucks jersey in high school and my name is Jon so I got called Jonny Canuck...i liked it so..jonnythec came out of that.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

• Like 4

LOl I am straight forward as all you old timers on here know. I am a big guy and everyone around here calls me Big Stu so there it is straight off the trailer and upfront. Ole Gray with that woodshed remark I think you may have been a local hustler back in the day---- LOL takes one to know one-----  I also love old trucks being sorta strange because I am a GM/Mopar man-- That 96 Dakota in my Aviatar I still drive every day it also has a genuine 1952 Mack Bulldog on the hood so the truck is called the "Mini Bulldog"  I drive a 2015 real one for a living 5 days a week.

You can go to most of the courses on the South end of the Grand Strand area and everyone knows me especially at Indian Wells which is my home course or Founders Club which is my second home course

• Like 7

LOl I am straight forward as all you old timers on here know. I am a big guy and everyone around here calls me Big Stu so there it is straight off the trailer and upfront. Ole Gray with that woodshed remark I think you may have been a local hustler back in the day---- LOL takes one to know one-----  I also love old trucks being sorta strange because I am a GM/Mopar man-- That 96 Dakota in my Aviatar I still drive every day it also has a genuine 1952 Mack Bulldog on the hood so the truck is called the "Mini Bulldog"  I drive a 2015 real one for a living 5 days a week.

You can go to most of the courses on the South end of the Grand Strand area and everyone knows me especially at Indian Wells which is my home course or Founders Club which is my second home course

Brothers from another Mother! ;)

• Like 4

I worked for Gateway computers in the 90's - one of the first group of folks that got their website started.

They were all about cows, and customers would always have to ask if I had cows when we'd talk via phone or email.

I started telling them that aliens ate my cow, and that soon got shortened to use as a screen name everywhere that I have been on the internet ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

I am an extremely proud alum of Mr. Jefferson's University.   To many we are the Cavaliers, but to those that know and love us we are the Wahoos.  There are two stories regarding how we became the 'Hoos.   It was the early 1900s, and we were playing a baseball game with another school.   They were overheard staying--they are just a bunch of Wahoos and it stuck.   The other story, the one I tend to accept, is that a Wahoo is a fish that will drink until it explodes.

My experiences at the UVA campus would tend to support the latter, as well. And nothing tastes quite as good at 2 AM as a Gus Burger...

• Like 3

I started out as Just plain Lefty, I am left handed so it fit, I always tried to keep my name kind of hidden, but then I started using it when signing up for things, so I decided to change it, but wanted something different so I used parts of my name, spelled with the letters of my name but when spoken it says another word. So that's kind of a long story to get to a short answer.

• Like 4

Mine is quite simple. A nickname I was given bout 25 yrs ago. Coworkers, biker buds, golf partners & friends all use it.

• Like 3

Mine is a nickname I have come to be known by which combines first letter of first name and first 3 letters of last name. (Play on the whole JLo thing) 21 is my bday, and 44 is my high school/college basketball number.

• Like 3