TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd You Pick Your Screen Name?

hckymeyer

I've always wondered on some, many have wondered what mine meant (hckymeyer) so here's the place to explain what your screen name means.

My old screen name was hckymeyer.  No crazy stories, I created it when I first got started on AOL instant messenger in college.  It's just "Hockey" without any vowels and my last name.  I've never had to change it because it's been available on every messenger, email, forum etc I've ever tried to use it on.

So what's the story behind your screen name?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

This will be fun to hear.

Mine is really nothing special either.  I lived in North Carolina for several years in the RDU area.   In the early days of a forum down there I joined and there was already a Carolina Golfer singed up...go figure...LOL so I simply added a 2 on the end, as I'm not very creative.

It's also funny, many people will abbreviate it (myself included when I go third person   as CG2)   and for many years in the early 2000's all I played was Cleveland Golf stuff and had many bags with the CG logo on it.   So it felt like personalized bags and clubs...LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Never give the cops your real name. Joey East Coast was my go-to alias in the 80s and 90s when we would get thrown out of places for skateboarding. 

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

I've use ole gray ever since I became a member of a golf forum (started with THP).   I'm kind of old, have gray hair, and lived in Gray, Ga. for most of my life.  Now my avatar is a symbol of the old truck I drive. Not as old as the one you see however not a young chick either.  She's a 1998 GMC.  The woodshed on back of the truck represents something I was well known for on THP.   Taking folks to the woodshed on the golf course was pretty much a standing joke.  Oh well that's about all I got to say about this subject.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Mine has a bit of a story.  My first name is Jamie and all throughout my life I have been thought of as female.  Cases in point a female roomate my Freshman year of college, getting numerous letters to Ms. and an employer coding me as female in the HR system so I could not register my wife for benefits.  For a while I used my middle name which is Michael and all of my business coorespondence was from J. Michael.  The last part is well I am a CPA by trade so when it all comes together is is JmikeCPA.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I am an extremely proud alum of Mr. Jefferson's University.   To many we are the Cavaliers, but to those that know and love us we are the Wahoos.  There are two stories regarding how we became the 'Hoos.   It was the early 1900s, and we were playing a baseball game with another school.   They were overheard staying--they are just a bunch of Wahoos and it stuck.   The other story, the one I tend to accept, is that a Wahoo is a fish that will drink until it explodes.

Mine has a bit of a story. My first name is Jamie and all throughout my life I have been thought of as female. Cases in point a female roomate my Freshman year of college, getting numerous letters to Ms. and an employer coding me as female in the HR system so I could not register my wife for benefits. For a while I used my middle name which is Michael and all of my business coorespondence was from J. Michael. The last part is well I am a CPA by trade so when it all comes together is is JmikeCPA.

I just figured it was your first initial and your last name

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I just figured it was your first initial and your last name

Not a bad guess.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Years ago at my old golf course there was an old guy (probably about as old as I am now!) who was named Ken and his last name began with an "A"; my last name begins with a "B".  So every time I walked into the clubhouse, the Pro would yell "Kenny B" (just like "Norm" on Cheers!).  I heard it so much that when I joined here, it just seemed appropriate.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

LOl I am straight forward as all you old timers on here know. I am a big guy and everyone around here calls me Big Stu so there it is straight off the trailer and upfront. Ole Gray with that woodshed remark I think you may have been a local hustler back in the day---- LOL takes one to know one-----  I also love old trucks being sorta strange because I am a GM/Mopar man-- That 96 Dakota in my Aviatar I still drive every day it also has a genuine 1952 Mack Bulldog on the hood so the truck is called the "Mini Bulldog"  I drive a 2015 real one for a living 5 days a week.

You can go to most of the courses on the South end of the Grand Strand area and everyone knows me especially at Indian Wells which is my home course or Founders Club which is my second home course

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 11/30/2016 at 12:10 AM, BIG STU said:

LOl I am straight forward as all you old timers on here know. I am a big guy and everyone around here calls me Big Stu so there it is straight off the trailer and upfront. Ole Gray with that woodshed remark I think you may have been a local hustler back in the day---- LOL takes one to know one-----  I also love old trucks being sorta strange because I am a GM/Mopar man-- That 96 Dakota in my Aviatar I still drive every day it also has a genuine 1952 Mack Bulldog on the hood so the truck is called the "Mini Bulldog"  I drive a 2015 real one for a living 5 days a week.

You can go to most of the courses on the South end of the Grand Strand area and everyone knows me especially at Indian Wells which is my home course or Founders Club which is my second home course

Brothers from another Mother! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I worked for Gateway computers in the 90's - one of the first group of folks that got their website started.

They were all about cows, and customers would always have to ask if I had cows when we'd talk via phone or email.

I started telling them that aliens ate my cow, and that soon got shortened to use as a screen name everywhere that I have been on the internet ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I am an extremely proud alum of Mr. Jefferson's University.   To many we are the Cavaliers, but to those that know and love us we are the Wahoos.  There are two stories regarding how we became the 'Hoos.   It was the early 1900s, and we were playing a baseball game with another school.   They were overheard staying--they are just a bunch of Wahoos and it stuck.   The other story, the one I tend to accept, is that a Wahoo is a fish that will drink until it explodes.

My experiences at the UVA campus would tend to support the latter, as well. And nothing tastes quite as good at 2 AM as a Gus Burger...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I started out as Just plain Lefty, I am left handed so it fit, I always tried to keep my name kind of hidden, but then I started using it when signing up for things, so I decided to change it, but wanted something different so I used parts of my name, spelled with the letters of my name but when spoken it says another word. So that's kind of a long story to get to a short answer.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I started a golf course review site a few years ago focusing on Philadelphia area courses, so Philly Golf Guy seemed like a good name to give myself for that and was a big fan of the Sports Guy, so it was kind of a little homage to him.  I then got into golf forums and used the same name, never realizing I'd go to outings and meet a bunch of people with that moniker.  But I like consistency, so I use that name in all the forums I'm on.  PGG actually has a better ring to it, so I use that more often now.  

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

So,

I cannot remember anyone's name. ever.  It's just my thing.  My mind is too full of other crap, and I cannot remember names.  It's something that has been a problem for me for as long as I can remember.

So, I just call everyone "Buddy" by default. 

One of the sales guys at work started calling me buddy, and it stuck.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I started a golf course review site a few years ago focusing on Philadelphia area courses, so Philly Golf Guy seemed like a good name to give myself for that and was a big fan of the Sports Guy, so it was kind of a little homage to him.  I then got into golf forums and used the same name, never realizing I'd go to outings and meet a bunch of people with that moniker.  But I like consistency, so I use that name in all the forums I'm on.  PGG actually has a better ring to it, so I use that more often now.

For the record. You're in my phone as PGG !

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I was going to my nickname I grew up with, "chief" but after trying combos that weren't taken I can up with my handle I use all over...GolferKen. I'm a golfer and my name is Ken. Why didn't I think of this earlier. Lol.

Sent from my LG-H831 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Two years ago I flipped a 4 wheeler. Nothing exciting. I wasn't going fast I just tried to turn it to hard. I was able to jump off, roll once (like a dive roll) and ended up on my feet. Hence forth, I was know as SuperDave.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Mine is the name of the shaman I played in WoW over 10 years ago... glad i found another drug now 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I started out as Just plain Lefty, I am left handed so it fit, I always tried to keep my name kind of hidden, but then I started using it when signing up for things, so I decided to change it, but wanted something different so I used parts of my name, spelled with the letters of my name but when spoken it says another word. So that's kind of a long story to get to a short answer.

Wow that goes back a ways because I can remember when you were Lefty from Fort Mill on here

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

No surprises here, first name (shortened) and initial of last name...I'm not that creative.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm a native of Northwest Arkansas and, like most from this part of the state, I'm a die hard Razorback Fan (aka glutton for punishment).  I went to grad school up at Syracuse University, though.  So I took my two schools mascots and put them together - Orange Hog.  Taadaa!!

My last name is Hicks, and at my first duty station back in 2001 I appended the 'ta' to the end and 'Hicksta' was born. For the longest my typical screen name was 'hicksta13', but once I turned 35 I thought 'mr.hicksta' was more appropriate :)

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X