TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd You Pick Your Screen Name?

hckymeyer

My name used to be Calculus Entropy on other places, after Clevon Little's character in Fletch Lives. Also have advanced degree in science, so it seemed appropriate. Over time, changed to Max Entropy to make it a bit shorter.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Ah... I thought than name sounded familiar! Haven't seen fletch lives in quiet a while, lol.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Sixcat is a childhood nickname given to me by the director of youth athletics in the area where I grew up.  Sapp gave everyone in my hometown a nickname of some kind and most stuck for life.  When he passed away a few years ago, more than 4,000 people came to his funeral, which had to be held in the local high school gym where people were allowed to enter in shifts.  That's 4,000 people in Fries, Virginia, population 500!  

I don't remember much about how he came up with Sixcat. I was only about 5 or 6 when it happened.  As the story goes, I was playing basketball wearing jersey number 6 while Sapp was talking to my mother about the bowling league they were members of.  He said something to my mother to the effect of "that cat number 6 can play".  Thereby giving me a lifelong nickname.  My nickname, coupled with our high school mascot being the Wildcats, meant I was usually the target of the most jeers when we visited other schools, regardless of sport. 

My avatar should be self explanatory.  I grew up about half way between two Cubs minor league affiliates and went to games a lot.  Baseball is my first love!

It's my title + last name

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

First initial, middle name, last name. I've used this for a long time online, mostly because there are a whole lot of Michael Rileys in this world, and so that username is normally already taken.

Profile picture is a picture of me. I'm kinda boring that way.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I am a proud product of Mr. Jefferson's University--a UVA Wahoo.   Years ago on another site, there were several gentlemen with screen names based on the fact that they were Vtech Hokies.  I figured Mr. Jefferson needed a representative.

Many years ago I had the good fortune to meet and form friendships with Carolina and MDHacker on the then TGC site and forum.  At the time, I used the screen name Priceless.  It was a nickname given to me by a Pinehurst caddy and is based on the credit card commercial. 

Green fee            $200

Dozen golf balls     $50

Me in a sand bunker    .................

I stopped using it because I thought some may take it the wrong way and figured that I thought I was actually worth something.

I have no avatar because I have no idea how to create one.

I always liked ole Sam and thought he was a classy - classic golfer and a gentleman. (me not so much. LOL) I like retro stuff and older times too. Guess that comes with age. I'm 63 next month. As for the jacket part I've always enjoyed seeing the classic plaid jackets awarded at golf tournaments such as Colonial and Harbor Town. Kind of gaudy but a fun throwback and nod to tradition.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Name is part of my first name, my middle initial, and part of my last name. When you say it out loud it also sounds like a word. Sounded cool so I switched it from Lefty.

My Avatar was also created by MPB a few years back, I think we all saw his and wanted one, so he pretty much created one for anyone who asked. We even had a contest to see which one was the best. I think the most liked one was John Barry?

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Just a simple one KC(first name/intials) Leo(beginning of last name) 12 my favorite number from sports I always wore 12 once I got to choose. The Avatar is a pic I took with my GoPro while doing long driver at a Charity Event for the Wounded Marine Fund.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I am a proud product of Mr. Jefferson's University--a UVA Wahoo.   Years ago on another site, there were several gentlemen with screen names based on the fact that they were Vtech Hokies.  I figured Mr. Jefferson needed a representative.

Many years ago I had the good fortune to meet and form friendships with Carolina and MDHacker on the then TGC site and forum.  At the time, I used the screen name Priceless.  It was a nickname given to me by a Pinehurst caddy and is based on the credit card commercial. 

Green fee            $200

Dozen golf balls     $50

Me in a sand bunker    .................

I stopped using it because I thought some may take it the wrong way and figured that I thought I was actually worth something.

I have no avatar because I have no idea how to create one.

My wife will tell you it's Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.  VTech doesn't exist and is offensive to anyone representing Virginia Tech.

Mr. Jefferson laid the foundation for education in the Commonwealth.  VPI&SU has certainly benefited from the groundwork Mr. Jefferson so richly provided.  A rising tide lifts all boats!  

My wife will tell you it's Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.  VTech doesn't exist and is offensive to anyone representing Virginia Tech.

Mr. Jefferson laid the foundation for education in the Commonwealth.  VPI&SU has certainly benefited from the groundwork Mr. Jefferson so richly provided.  A rising tide lifts all boats!  

In 1970 when I was completing my undergrad tenure at UVA, the State legislature gave VPI university status with the name endeared by your wife.  For some time, they were not Hokies but Galloping Gobblers or something like that.  I'm not sure when that changed. Sometime in the early 1990s, for reference convenience, the University administration officially authorized the reference as Virginia Tech. That's why one will see that reference on sport uniforms or simply "VT".     

Both being fine Virginia universities, I perceive them to be much like siblings.   We will have our personal jabs at each other, but when the chips are down, we will support each other against all others.  Truth be known, much to my displeasure, two of my cousins sent their kids to VT.  

Simple - initials and last name- Avatar is my group in 2010, in front of the R&A, prior to taking the tee box for the 0900, 9010, 0920 and 0930 tee times, the Tuesday after Louie Oosthuizen won the Open Championship.  Was an awesome trip with a great bunch of guys!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

In 1970 when I was completing my undergrad tenure at UVA, the State legislature gave VPI university status with the name endeared by your wife.  For some time, they were not Hokies but Galloping Gobblers or something like that.  I'm not sure when that changed. Sometime in the early 1990s, for reference convenience, the University administration officially authorized the reference as Virginia Tech. That's why one will see that reference on sport uniforms or simply "VT".     

Both being fine Virginia universities, I perceive them to be much like siblings.   We will have our personal jabs at each other, but when the chips are down, we will support each other against all others.  Truth be known, much to my displeasure, two of my cousins sent their kids to VT.  

First and 10 and the Galloping Gobblers are about to score!!!  :D   I like it  ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I use to have a side business building clubs and doing fittings. Id love to get my hands on a trackman and do that again. But real life calls. And thus my sn is my old company name. JA are my initials and the rest is self explaining.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I'm a golf addict. Simple as that.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Well...I'm kind of a weirdo I suppose. I'm near 50 (this year in August) and I've never been a part of anything like this...ever. Now my job is very "tech-ee", but even so, I still went kicking and screaming into my first "smart" phone when the first Motorola Droids were released way back when. I'm kind-a an old fuddy-duddy for stuff like this..!

So long story short...er, maybe..! I found this site last year when the Golf Bug bit me, looked at the all articles and cruised through many of the forums picking up all sorts of good nuggets from many of you great folks. When I jumped into the sport feet first last summer and decided to join MGS, I was then be tasked with creating my first ever screen name. My original was the "Duff-Man" from The Simpsons ​TV show which my first thought and also happens to still be my login name. But after creating that name, it dawned on me that I could do way better and also be a bit, well...unique.

PING became a reality for me after lots of on-line research. Their engineering approach to things REALLY appeals to me, so too does their marketing and branding...they really are just what I was after. I watched a tour of their facility on line once where they employ Americans on US soil (a big deal to me)  that assemble and tune their clubs. That blog also had a total fitting included a peek into THE vault...after that, it was all over for me. I am PING. That and I also have a great sense of OCD. So, when I began to acquire my own set of swingin' stix, I could not bring myself to deviate from the brand-at least to start and to-date.

Therefore, I was a PINGMAN! But that was way too obvious. Ping Apologist #9 just seemed...well....right for me. The "Apologist" was funny to me since I knew once I built my signature showing my WIMB, that I thought many of you more experience types with a grab-bag of various brands of custom sticks would surely get a laugh at the "new guy". The #9 is only 'cuz that it is my lucky # and the number I wore all through high school and Babe Ruth ball way back when. It also leaves room for 1-to-8 to chime in...heh...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I've already answered this question in the other thread but I'll play along and do it here too:

Freshman year of college, the older players on the baseball team were trying to knock me down a peg because I walked around like I was something special. They all got on this train of some version of the phrase "You must think your sh*t is nice, you're a Stud." They just kept at it and I soaked it up like the 17 year old kid I was thinking I was and I better prove them right.

So AOL instant messenger is how we talked through text back then since cell phones still weren't mainstream and texting charges were insane. I was ready to choose my new identity in college and just slammed Stud into my name to make "enSTUDque."

I started off the season on and bam! Now that's my real life nickname too. It's catchy and it stuck then got shortened to just STUDque.

Ever since then, that was my username on every online sign up and it's NEVER taken.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Well...I'm kind of a weirdo I suppose. I'm near 50 (this year in August) and I've never been a part of anything like this...ever. Now my job is very "tech-ee", but even so, I still went kicking and screaming into my first "smart" phone when the first Motorola Droids were released way back when. I'm kind-a an old fuddy-duddy for stuff like this..!

So long story short...er, maybe..! I found this site last year when the Golf Bug bit me, looked at the all articles and cruised through many of the forums picking up all sorts of good nuggets from many of you great folks. When I jumped into the sport feet first last summer and decided to join MGS, I was then be tasked with creating my first ever screen name. My original was the "Duff-Man" from The Simpsons ​TV show which my first thought and also happens to still be my login name. But after creating that name, it dawned on me that I could do way better and also be a bit, well...unique.

PING became a reality for me after lots of on-line research. Their engineering approach to things REALLY appeals to me, so too does their marketing and branding...they really are just what I was after. I watched a tour of their facility

on line once

where they employ Americans on US soil (a big deal to me) that assemble and tune their clubs. That blog also had a total fitting included a peek into THE vault...after that, it was all over for me. I am PING. That and I also have a great sense of OCD. So, when I began to acquire my own set of swingin' stix, I could not bring myself to deviate from the brand-at least to start and to-date.

Therefore, I was a PINGMAN! But that was way too obvious. Ping Apologist #9 just seemed...well....right for me. The "Apologist" was funny to me since I knew once I built my signature showing my WIMB, that I thought many of you more experience types with a grab-bag of various brands of custom sticks would surely get a laugh at the "new guy". The #9 is only 'cuz that it is my lucky # and the number I wore all through high school and Babe Ruth ball way back when. It also leaves room for 1-to-8 to chime in...heh...

Thats a great story snd love the simplicity of it.

Glad your enjoying the forum. Jump right in and make yourself at home. BTW, DuffMan would have been pretty cool as well.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Thats a great story snd love the simplicity of it.

Glad your enjoying the forum. Jump right in and make yourself at home. BTW, DuffMan would have been pretty cool as well.

Oooooooooooohhhhhh..

..YYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Mine is kinda boring, I guess, not really a "creative" type - my initials (seems a common theme) and I used to surf, windsurf and paddle surf a lot (pre-golf, that is!).

But I think my Avatar pic is kinda fun .. cracks me up, really: there's your quintessential 60s guy and man he's got it all -- the suave look, the hair and the sideburns, the debonair suit, the hot babe with the big hair, that big rolling open-air living room with that big back deck to accommodate that stylish picnic, the classic long boards, .........

C'mon, who wouldn't wanna be that guy??!!??

IMG_20170112_105038_326.jpg

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Mine is kinda boring, I guess, not really a "creative" type - my initials (seems a common theme) and I used to surf, windsurf and paddle surf a lot (pre-golf, that is!).

But I think my Avatar pic is kinda fun .. cracks me up, really: there's your quintessential 60s guy and man he's got it all -- the suave look, the hair and the sideburns, the debonair suit, the hot babe with the big hair, that big rolling open-air living room with that big back deck to accommodate that stylish picnic, the classic long boards, .........

C'mon, who wouldn't wanna be that guy??!!??

attachicon.gifIMG_20170112_105038_326.jpg

Hang-10 Bra! My uncle, an original long-boarder from the 50's taught me to surf way back when. My home beach was Tourmaline Bay on the North end of PB. He even taught me to sail on his old, old Hobie cat (sail # 300 & something I think) and we surfed Tourmaline with it too. Good times Bra!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

In 1970 when I was completing my undergrad tenure at UVA, the State legislature gave VPI university status with the name endeared by your wife. For some time, they were not Hokies but Galloping Gobblers or something like that. I'm not sure when that changed. Sometime in the early 1990s, for reference convenience, the University administration officially authorized the reference as Virginia Tech. That's why one will see that reference on sport uniforms or simply "VT".

Both being fine Virginia universities, I perceive them to be much like siblings. We will have our personal jabs at each other, but when the chips are down, we will support each other against all others. Truth be known, much to my displeasure, two of my cousins sent their kids to VT.

I was born in 1974 and my wife in 1977. It's been VPI&SU longer than we've been alive.

The Hokie nickname was a campus contest where Oscar M. Stull penned the School fight song, Old Hokie, thus winning the contest in 1896. So, “Hokie” has been a part of the school for nearly its entire existence. The history of the “Gobbler” mascot has been disputed for nearly that entire period of time. And it was never the “Galloping Gobblers”.

Both are fine universities. I work with talented engineers from each school on a daily basis. But in truth, UVA has been living off the reputation of a man who died nearly 192 years ago. And it's been almost that long since the Cavaliers experienced a football victory over the “little brother” in Blacksburg!

As the late, great Tony Distler would say, we are The University of Virginia...Tech!