hckymeyer

How'd You Pick Your Screen Name?

Our Sponsors

From the most useless sheep dog I've ever owned. Banned from the farm now. The border collie learnt that the game of sheep herding is over once they're in their pen, so keep them away from it! Had a few issues with the livestock being banged about before Tex got banned from helping out. 

• Like 1

In the early days of Saturday Night Live, there was one skit called “the adventures of mr Bill.” They were claymation creatures. They’ve have a real nice time for a minute until “Sluggo” showed up, and he would squish them all. Then it somehow got stuck to me during my softball years

• Like 1

When I bought my first computer, I had also caught the Chronic Golf Bug, and winter was around the corner. I found a Golf Forum on line and they asked for a screen name. It caught me by surprise and started looking around while thinking.

I bought my comp. from MDG Electronics. That was the easy part. The empty boxes were still laying around the basement. I didn't want to give the impression that I am a boxer since I'd been into Karate most of my life. (mdgboxes) I also didn't want to be a smarta$$ by adding 3 X, so I added two.

There you have it: mdgboxx

• Like 4

Real creative one here....rock some mp-20 irons and I’m a lefty. Haha 

• Like 2

It's been my screen name since the mid-90's when I first started chatting with random strangers online. It was my nickname in high school.

• Like 2

I love doing things: golf; sailing; skiing; fly fishing; hiking; biking; flying. My name is Hector. I'm an aviator. Made sense to me at the time. My other email address is HecMariner. 

• Like 1

I let my mom and dad do it a long time ago.

• Like 4

Symbolic meaning: benefactors and protectors of mankind. Associated with wisdom and strength

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 11:42 AM, russtopherb said:

It's been my screen name since the mid-90's when I first started chatting with random strangers online. It was my nickname in high school.

Russ-Top-Herb ??? 

LOL

8 hours ago, mdgboxx said:

Russ-Top-Herb ??? 

LOL

You're about 15 days too early with that one 😉

My best friend all throughout high school was Christopher. We looked very much alike, so much so that at a marching band competition his grandmother took an entire roll of pictures of me, thinking I was her grandson. His family commented we were so similar that we could be interchangable, and I was there so often they combined our first names and I ended up as Russtopher sometime around 1990 or so. It caught on with our friends and that's been my nickname ever since. 

• Like 2