How'd You Pick Your Screen Name?

hckymeyer

Easy one for me. If I make a par, it’s usually if I managed to one putt. I use this name for all the golf sites I go to as it was always available!

Professional club maker/club fitter, retired

Founding member, former President, International Clubmakers Guild

• 3 months later...

My Wife expressed interest in learning to play so I inadvertently became her swing coach haha

We'll see how she reacts when I tell her my hourly rate LOL

Edited by MyWifesSwingCoach
Typo and second part
  • Like 1

Driver - Titleist 983K 9.5* - Titleist 4560 S-Flex Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 Adams Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - Taylormade R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - Taylormade R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - PING Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - Titleist Tour Soft

• 7 months later...

I'm performing a bit of threadomancy, but why not....

So, explaining my ID....   it stems from a sarcastic nickname a friend of mine pinned on me.  Her crack was "oh yeah, you're the energizer bunny."

I'm bowling in league a couple days later.  It's during a time when you kept score by hand.  I had a habit of occasionally writing down creative things, or not very creative things, for people's names on the scoresheet.  Remembered my friend's comment.  Decided to play around with it a bit, in a "hooked on phonics on acid" sort of manner.  Came up with what you see here.

It was actually N.R.Jyzr, dropped the periods.

There you go, short story made long.  Some have assumed it had something to do with New Jersey, but I've never been there.  🙂

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 2

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5" -or- King LTD, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; TBD iron set, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5, Kirkland Signature 3pc v2

Excourse = executive course, my preferred venues.

Wishon 730CL, Driver thru SW
Odyssey stroke lab CS mallet putter.
"World's most forgiving set for old farts"

• Like 1

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @jlukesfor making me think of this thread. With so many new members coming on board it is often oldie, but good threads like this get forgotten or lost, but they are great ways to learn a bit about some of the members here and share your own stories. 

I've gone from Danbrook (last name) to Apolloshowl (link to my pup Apollo's howl below) and now GolfSpy_APH. Which is just short for Apolloshowl. 

IMG_20190524_192517~3.jpg

When I decided to change to Apolloshowl there were a lot of life things going on. Apollo has been my best bud for going on 8 years now and simply brings so much joy. Even though we have 3 dogs now he is still my shadow and my comfort. I have a wonderful wife who is incredible and when Apollo took to her so quickly I knew she was a keeper. Therefore it was easy to dedicate my name to him and for anyone who has read any of my reviews you will be able to spot pictures of him in the background or in the case of my strokelab review he was in the middle of the mat while trying make my videos! Either way moving to a GolfSpy tag it was a easy choice to stick with him. He is also the name of all my fantasy teams and the abbreviated form is APH.

• Like 8

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

My last name is Howard. My good friend/best man called me any number of nicknames based on my last name throughout college including Howitzer, Hoboy, Hobertina, and Hobert among others. At some point he settled on Hobert.  As the the need for online aliases arose, I used Hobert and never stopped.

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft

*Getting fitted in a month or so, will update weapons of choice then!

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Thanks to @jlukesfor making me think of this thread. With so many new members coming on board it is often oldie, but good threads like this get forgotten or lost, but they are great ways to learn a bit about some of the members here and share your own stories. 

I've gone from Danbrook (last name) to Apolloshowl (link to my pup Apollo's howl below) and now GolfSpy_APH. Which is just short for Apolloshowl. 

IMG_20190524_192517~3.jpg

When I decided to change to Apolloshowl there were a lot of life things going on. Apollo has been my best bud for going on 8 years now and simply brings so much joy. Even though we have 3 dogs now he is still my shadow and my comfort. I have a wonderful wife who is incredible and when Apollo took to her so quickly I knew she was a keeper. Therefore it was easy to dedicate my name to him and for anyone who has read any of my reviews you will be able to spot pictures of him in the background or in the case of my strokelab review he was in the middle of the mat while trying make my videos! Either way moving to a GolfSpy tag it was a easy choice to stick with him. He is also the name of all my fantasy teams and the abbreviated form is APH.

Love the video, and you know I really think Apollo is just freaking adorable. I just let my wife watch this and she absolutely melted hearing him speak.

My puppies on the other hand..."Stranger Danger!"

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

it's been my gamertag since I was a freshman in high school. It's also my email address and I would be lying if I wasn't embarrassed when applying for my job when the recruiter asked for my email.

• Like 1
  • Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-AW
  • 54/60° Vokey sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3