hckymeyer

How'd You Pick Your Screen Name?

I started a golf course review site a few years ago focusing on Philadelphia area courses, so Philly Golf Guy seemed like a good name to give myself for that and was a big fan of the Sports Guy, so it was kind of a little homage to him.  I then got into golf forums and used the same name, never realizing I'd go to outings and meet a bunch of people with that moniker.  But I like consistency, so I use that name in all the forums I'm on.  PGG actually has a better ring to it, so I use that more often now.  

• Like 4

So,

I cannot remember anyone's name. ever.  It's just my thing.  My mind is too full of other crap, and I cannot remember names.  It's something that has been a problem for me for as long as I can remember.

So, I just call everyone "Buddy" by default. 

One of the sales guys at work started calling me buddy, and it stuck.

• Like 4

I started a golf course review site a few years ago focusing on Philadelphia area courses, so Philly Golf Guy seemed like a good name to give myself for that and was a big fan of the Sports Guy, so it was kind of a little homage to him.  I then got into golf forums and used the same name, never realizing I'd go to outings and meet a bunch of people with that moniker.  But I like consistency, so I use that name in all the forums I'm on.  PGG actually has a better ring to it, so I use that more often now.

For the record. You're in my phone as PGG !
  • Like 2

I was going to my nickname I grew up with, "chief" but after trying combos that weren't taken I can up with my handle I use all over...GolferKen. I'm a golfer and my name is Ken. Why didn't I think of this earlier. Lol.

Sent from my LG-H831 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Two years ago I flipped a 4 wheeler. Nothing exciting. I wasn't going fast I just tried to turn it to hard. I was able to jump off, roll once (like a dive roll) and ended up on my feet. Hence forth, I was know as SuperDave.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 8

Mine is the name of the shaman I played in WoW over 10 years ago... glad i found another drug now :D

• Like 5

I started out as Just plain Lefty, I am left handed so it fit, I always tried to keep my name kind of hidden, but then I started using it when signing up for things, so I decided to change it, but wanted something different so I used parts of my name, spelled with the letters of my name but when spoken it says another word. So that's kind of a long story to get to a short answer.

Wow that goes back a ways because I can remember when you were Lefty from Fort Mill on here

• Like 2

No surprises here, first name (shortened) and initial of last name...I'm not that creative.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I'm a native of Northwest Arkansas and, like most from this part of the state, I'm a die hard Razorback Fan (aka glutton for punishment).  I went to grad school up at Syracuse University, though.  So I took my two schools mascots and put them together - Orange Hog.  Taadaa!!

• Like 9

My last name is Hicks, and at my first duty station back in 2001 I appended the 'ta' to the end and 'Hicksta' was born. For the longest my typical screen name was 'hicksta13', but once I turned 35 I thought 'mr.hicksta' was more appropriate :)

• Like 3

When I moved from Nevada to Missouri for senior year of high-school I needed an email to try and keep in touch with friends in Nevada. We would call one of my buddy's in Missouri evershady. Because he had an

Everlast beard 1480524183508.jpg

and a slim shady haircut 1480524213230.jpg

So I stole that as my email and have used it for screen names.

• Like 8

When I moved from Nevada to Missouri for senior year of high-school I needed an snail to ry and keep in touch with friends in Nevada. We would call one of my buddy's in Missouri evershady. Because he had an

Everlast beard attachicon.gifeverlast.jpg

and a slim shady haircut attachicon.gif20161130_104131.jpg

So I stole that as my email and have used it for screen names.

OMG this is great

• Like 1

My first name is unusual to begin with, mi last name starts with Boy so I come up with a combo miboy.

• Like 1

When I signed up on this forum, spur of the moment I tried coming up with something golf related (greengrassdreams), but didn't like it so I changed using my first and middle initials plus the last four letters of my last name. Not very creative, but it works :rolleyes:  

• Like 1

Wow that goes back a ways because I can remember when you were Lefty from Fort Mill on here

Same guy, same place, different name, I looked up my posts the other day and I have over 2000, I had no idea that I had that many
  • Like 3

I live in Maryland and I'm a hacker. It use to be MDHacker on a few other forums but sometimes that name was taken so it expanded to MDGolfHacker... Besides, with the other screen name I got asked if I was a surgeon or in the medical field (only if you have a sick PC or Network, lol).

MDGolfHacker

• Like 5

My first name is Michael, but so is my Dad's ( I'm not a junior) so I've always gone by my middle name Casey. My last name is Maynard, but I don't like using the full name on things unless it's a work/professional e-mail.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2