hckymeyer

How'd You Pick Your Screen Name?

Sixcat is a childhood nickname.  I grew up in a tiny town in southwest Virginia called Fries (pronounced Freeze) with a population of ~600~ give or take.  The director of the local YMCA felt it was his responsibility to give every young boy with athletic interest a nickname.  Given "Sapp" ran the "Y" for more than 50 years, there exists several generations of men he nicknamed.

I was a first grader and in my first year of playing organized basketball at the "Y".  During a game where "Sapp" was operating the scoreboard, he asked my mother, who was a local bowling legend, who that "cat wearing number 6" was and the rest is history, as they say.

• Like 5

Aloha! I was born and raised in Hawaii hence the name 808 which is the zip code of Hawaii. Although I may not be Hawaiian by blood, I'd like to think of myself as a local boy where ever I am sharing the spirit of Aloha with others. Been away from home about 7 years now and boy do I miss the local food back home. Gotta get back some day!!

LA.JPG

• Like 5

panicked signing up for the forum...

I'm a chemist and we swing clubs and so the alliteration seemed fine = chemclub

Anyone familiar with organic chemistry might recognize something in my profile image/pic.

• Like 7

Anyone familiar with organic chemistry might recognize something in my profile image/pic.

Is that a chair or boat orientation of the Carbon ring???

(Sorry, had to get a little needy there)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

C6H12

I'm a chemist, but I migrated to nuclear chemistry in my junior year of college and worked for 46 years in the business.

• Like 1

Love golf, pars and 18 holes of golf!

Fourpar18

My bag...

Nike Vapor Fly Pro: 8.5* Tensei XStiff

Nike Vapor Fly: 14 * Diamana Blueboard XStiff

Nike Vapor Fly / Vapor Pro Combo: DG X-Stiff

Nike Engage 52: DG Stiff

Nike Engage 56: DG Stiff

Nike Origin

Nike RZN Platinum

San Diego, CA

1.8 hdp

Right Handed

• Like 3

I live in Maryland and I'm a hacker. It use to be MDHacker on a few other forums but sometimes that name was taken so it expanded to MDGolfHacker... Besides, with the other screen name I got asked if I was a surgeon or in the medical field (only if you have a sick PC or Network, lol).

MDGolfHacker

Paging Dr. Hacker, you're need in the OR....Oh wait that's our other friend  :lol:

I don't know how I missed this but it's a fun thread.  I'm enjoying the stories of how and why.

Mine is simple, when I decided to go to Seminary my Mom started to call me RevKev and its stuck with me for over 25 years.  Even some of my brother Pastors call me by that name.

• Like 5

Paging Dr. Hacker, you're need in the OR....Oh wait that's our other friend  :lol:

"Just snake a tube down her nose and be there...in four or five hours."   :D

• Like 2

"Just snake a tube down her nose and be there...in four or five hours."   :D

LOL... I was waiting for that reply!!   I thought maybe MDHacker would use it.    

• Like 1

Remember when we first met, I used my nickname, Priceless.   It was given to me by a Pinehurst caddie and it stuck with my friends.   It came from that darn credit card commercial and related to my abilities, or lack of them, in a sand bunker.

Round of golf     $200

Dozen balls          $45

Larry in a sand bunker.........

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I just couldn't help myself!   ;)

• Like 1

Is that a chair or boat orientation of the Carbon ring???

(Sorry, had to get a little needy there)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It is a molecule of benzene showing electron delocalization. That particular representation has largely fallen out of fashion, but I revived it for my profile pic. The boat and chair geometries are something different. Nerd party over!

Untitled-2.png

• Like 3

Peaksy is a nick name based on my last name that I picked up along the way. I couldn't run with plain Peaksy as it was already in use so tacked on my birth year. Makes me feel old every time I see it.

Peaksy is a nick name based on my last name that I picked up along the way. I couldn't run with plain Peaksy as it was already in use so tacked on my birth year. Makes me feel old every time I see it.

You feel old?  In 68... I was 21   :(

LOL... I was waiting for that reply!! I thought maybe MDHacker would use it.

Ha ha ha, thought you were talking about MDHackerinPa :) love that movie!

MDGolfHacker

It is a molecule of benzene showing electron delocalization. That particular representation has largely fallen out of fashion, but I revived it for my profile pic. The boat and chair geometries are something different. Nerd party over!

attachicon.gifUntitled-2.png

look everybody. It's Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

Ha, no offense. That's all very cool, I just wish I understood one bit of it.

• Like 2