hckymeyer

How'd You Pick Your Screen Name?

It is a molecule of benzene showing electron delocalization. That particular representation has largely fallen out of fashion, but I revived it for my profile pic. The boat and chair geometries are something different. Nerd party over!

attachicon.gifUntitled-2.png

And that's why i stopped after 1st semester O-Chem in college 15 years ago.

Thought it coulda been a carbon ring for carbon steel golf clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Resurrection! This is a cool thread!

I picked Shankster because I've always been: Shanky, Shanky Panky, Shankapotomus, Shanks!, well you get the point. Anything to to with my last name! I mean Alan is a great name, but I'm almost certain there aren't too many golfers with the last name Shanks.

PS: I really like the search option!

• Like 3

My car through high school was a 1970 Buick.  Unfortunately, not a 455.  Just a lowly 350.  But I found one of the few Buick performance outfitters and it was soon outfitted with Stage 1 heads, headers, fuel injection, electronic ignition, and a high performance intake.  Finally had to sell it when work moved me to Vegas.  God, I miss that car!

hence, Stage1 350 shortened to one word.  

• Like 6

I've almost always played a fade. I thought HighFade was better than OB Right.

• Like 7

Bumping this thread up! It's interesting to see how folks come up with their forum name!

• Like 1

My first university picked my username for my login. It's part of my first name (Cameron), my middle initial ©, and part of my last name (Martinez). I've just used that username for different sites ever since! Proud IU alum! Go Hoosiers!

• Like 2

First letter of my first name, then my last time.. pronounced "sour." It's just what my close friends usually call me. Nothing too crazy.

• Like 2

I am a first initial last name person. Was a username I could always get; however I do have a cousin with the same initial and last name.

• Like 1

Butters from South Park. Have had it for a long time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yep,,,, I have known butters from a few years back in another golf forum ... He's good folks and plays a mean stick too!

• Like 1

Canucklehead = Canadian + knucklehead

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wonder if that's why they're called the Vancouver Canucks ;) Haha

JohnSmalls has a few ties. The Sandlot is one of my favorite movies. John is my first name and Smalls sounds a lot like my middle name. It didn't hurt that I had a buddy growing up that always made fun of me for being shorter than him, so Smalls all ties back to the golden days.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

just my last name then my first and middle initial.  was my login for college years ago and it just kind of stuck.  easy to remember too.

although a lot of people think I'm a Jr, which is fine because my father was the greatest man I have ever known.

so it works out I suppose.

• Like 3

Well for me, I live in Maryland and was/am a golf hacker hence my name MDGolfHacker. On a few other sites, my name was MDHacker, and I got a lot of questions pertaining to medical field, lol. That would actually be my brother who is an ER doctor. I'm a network security engineer/administrator by trade.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Well for me, I live in Maryland and was/am a golf hacker hence my name MDGolfHacker. On a few other sites, my name was MDHacker, and I got a lot of questions pertaining to medical field, lol. That would actually be my brother who is an ER doctor. I'm a network security engineer/administrator by trade.

MDGolfHacker

On the old TGC Board I was ScoopMD, scoop....a nod to my reporting gig at the time and MD for Maryland like you. I once had someone assume I was a veterinarian (and ask me a dog related queston) I guess they connected scoop with dog poop.
  • Like 1

Brotherpulledmyundiesovermyhead didn't fit.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

I use to be into making clubs and fitting. So I just kept that name alive here

• Like 1