hckymeyer

How'd You Pick Your Screen Name?

Huh, how'd that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

$$$$
  • Like 1

kro comes from my initials , been using it since the old gamer days where you could only enter three initials on the high score. (The good old days NES, super NES, Sega )

HA!

There used to be a commercail about the guy making donuts everyday....................

"Gotta make da donuts"

Well, for me it was gotta fill "da divots" everyday for years. Did it in my sleep.

Hell, I was kinda proud of the grass seed growing in the cracks of my shoes. :D

• Like 3

Ok another flock of new members and some very interesting forum names so how did you come up with em? 

DIvothead

My hair is thinning out on top so I thought my head looks like someone has struck a ball off it!!!!  :D  :D  :D

• Like 7

When I started signing up for forums back in the mid nineties I wanted something unique that nobody else was using and I had (for some reason) just watched the movie Stroker Ace with Burt Reynolds....it's a bit of a cult classic - you should give it a shot.

I always liked Burt Reynolds since his days in Smokey and the Bandit and thought he had this suave, cool demeanor.  Plus it was unique and he always got the babes.  Always have had a soft spot for Loni Anderson!

Go figure... I go to sign up for Twitter and Instagram and someone else is using it so I just added 21 on Twitter and 210 on Instagram (because of course 21 was taken!)

DOH!  just saw this from Wikipedia....

The film was both a commercial and critical bomb. It received five Golden Raspberry Award nominations including Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst Actress (Anderson) and Worst New Star (also for Anderson), winning one for Jim Nabors as Worst Supporting Actor.

Also - only a few folks recognize my username from the movie... bonus to those that did/do !!

• Like 2

My initial and last name and my helmet number at the firehouse.

• Like 3

Billy is a nickname for William. And right now my game is at hack status, plus its kinda fun to say.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

If you hadn't said otherwise, I would have assumed that you grew up on a mountain like me and was trying to play golf now.

• Like 1

I joined some forum many years ago and every name I tried was taken and finally just got it to auto generate a name from one my attempts and this is what appeared. Have used it ever since. So no it is not golf related, no flipping here. I should that the Flipper part comes from childhood, I couldn't pronounce my brothers name, Phillip, always came out flip.

• Like 3

Was my username for a lot of work related wesites.Came from fact I was in tv/electronic repair for over 40 years and was somewhat vain in that I considered myself an expert.Retired now but still use it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

My online persona started out as Calculus Entropy partially because it was Cleavon Little's character in Fletch Lives and partially because of my education (advanced science degree). Over time I changed to MaxEntropy because it was shorter to type in the era before auto filling.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Sure, why not?

Growing up in the 90's, I was a big pro wrestling fan, and I still follow it loosely. I joined a forum on a website that celebrated the worst of wrestling called Wrestle crap in the early 00's. One of my favorite stupid gimmicks was a guy called Mantaur, a big dude who wore a real Buffalo head to the ring and pranced around like a Minotaur. Combine the first half of my last name with -taur and boom, magic.

Most of my other handles on social media are name flips, like others mentioned but for forums this just makes me smile.

• Like 6

I'm not sure if this has been done before, If so then StudQue is falling down on his thread revival job..ha

So pretty simple,whats the story behind your screen name, i know some are going to be...Weill it's actually my name.  And that's fine.  Then maybe let us know any other screen names you have used on other forums...unless there may be warrants out for you in those places  :o

Also,  if there is any good story, or even boring story behind your avatar picture.   I'll start.

Carolina Golfer-I lived in North Carolina for many years, and to me it's the unofficial home of US Golf, so why not.    My avatar pic, is the only "action" picture I seem to have of me right now, and there was a topic a while back i think that said to post an action picture of you playing golf.     I am narrowly missing a 30 foot putt at TPC Sawgrass this last September during the Team Titleist event. 

• Like 7

Mine is easy my first name and first initials of my last name along with my favorite athletes number, Don Mattingly. My picture is my two mutts. Nothing special just something easy and my dogs are pretty much my kids since I don't have any yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Mine is a holdover from another forum, there I was know as “TripleBogeyTim” but it got shortened to TBT all the time when people referred to me, so when I ended up at MGS I just used the abbreviated version

• Like 5

I'm the OriGinal Shankster.

Been Shanks, shanky, Shanksgiving, shankapotomus, Sir Shanky, Shanky Panky, Shankster, Shankalot, LambShanks my entire life. At one point or another.

Only forum name is Shankster, no one ever has it. Except Instagram/Twitter which makes me angry.

Played horseshoes my name was on my back, same with football, baseball, soccer.

Just so happens I like golf more than all of those. It's funny to watch people cringe when I tell them my name at a course.

Also: here's the link to the for aforementioned “done before post”

How'd you pick your screen name?

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/17683-How%27d-you-pick-your-screen-name%3F

• Like 7