hckymeyer

How'd You Pick Your Screen Name?

I'm old and gray and I lived in Gray, Ga. for much of my life.  The avy is a pic of my favorite truck with a woodshed on the back.   Most folks I have stuck a peg in the ground will tell ya I like to have a good time and a laugh or two.  ;)

• Like 9

I'm the OriGinal Shankster.

Been Shanks, shanky, Shanksgiving, shankapotomus, Sir Shanky, Shanky Panky, Shankster, Shankalot, LambShanks my entire life. At one point or another.

Only forum name is Shankster, no one ever has it. Except Instagram/Twitter which makes me angry.

Played horseshoes my name was on my back, same with football, baseball, soccer.

Just so happens I like golf more than all of those. It's funny to watch people cringe when I tell them my name at a course.

Also: here's the link to the for aforementioned “done before post”

How'd you pick your screen name?

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/17683-How%27d-you-pick-your-screen-name%3F

OK thanks. At least it was over a year ago. I would have felt pretty stupid If it had been last month. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

First intial and last name, pronounced sour. 🤙🏼

• Like 2

Mine is pretty simple - first name and CIC (Catawba Island Club) is the club I belong to. Still haven't decided on an avatar.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

OK thanks. At least it was over a year ago. I would have felt pretty stupid If it had been last month. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Always good to stoke the fire!!

And by that I mean rekindle an old topic.

• Like 3

My name used to be Calculus Entropy on other places, after Clevon Little's character in Fletch Lives. Also have advanced degree in science, so it seemed appropriate. Over time, changed to Max Entropy to make it a bit shorter.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I caddied all through high school and college. Quite a bit.

The old avatar was supposed to be a cartoon representation of a golf ball, but people have told me it looks like a pizza. And that works, because I'm half Italian.

The current avatar is part of the cover of one of my favorite albums. I am crazy insane about music, maybe as much as I am about golf.

• Like 9

My name used to be Calculus Entropy on other places, after Clevon Little's character in Fletch Lives. Also have advanced degree in science, so it seemed appropriate. Over time, changed to Max Entropy to make it a bit shorter.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Ah... I thought than name sounded familiar! Haven't seen fletch lives in quiet a while, lol.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Sixcat is a childhood nickname given to me by the director of youth athletics in the area where I grew up.  Sapp gave everyone in my hometown a nickname of some kind and most stuck for life.  When he passed away a few years ago, more than 4,000 people came to his funeral, which had to be held in the local high school gym where people were allowed to enter in shifts.  That's 4,000 people in Fries, Virginia, population 500!  

I don't remember much about how he came up with Sixcat. I was only about 5 or 6 when it happened.  As the story goes, I was playing basketball wearing jersey number 6 while Sapp was talking to my mother about the bowling league they were members of.  He said something to my mother to the effect of "that cat number 6 can play".  Thereby giving me a lifelong nickname.  My nickname, coupled with our high school mascot being the Wildcats, meant I was usually the target of the most jeers when we visited other schools, regardless of sport. 

My avatar should be self explanatory.  I grew up about half way between two Cubs minor league affiliates and went to games a lot.  Baseball is my first love!

• Like 7

First initial, middle name, last name. I've used this for a long time online, mostly because there are a whole lot of Michael Rileys in this world, and so that username is normally already taken.

Profile picture is a picture of me. I'm kinda boring that way.

• Like 4

I am a proud product of Mr. Jefferson's University--a UVA Wahoo.   Years ago on another site, there were several gentlemen with screen names based on the fact that they were Vtech Hokies.  I figured Mr. Jefferson needed a representative.

Many years ago I had the good fortune to meet and form friendships with Carolina and MDHacker on the then TGC site and forum.  At the time, I used the screen name Priceless.  It was a nickname given to me by a Pinehurst caddy and is based on the credit card commercial. 

Green fee            $200

Dozen golf balls     $50

Me in a sand bunker    .................

I stopped using it because I thought some may take it the wrong way and figured that I thought I was actually worth something.

I have no avatar because I have no idea how to create one.

• Like 7