Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Putt like Shoot?

smartgolf

Since golf started players have been in search of the perfect putting stroke.  They are constantly looking for new and advanced technology and more effective methods to improve their putting.  There are many factors that have to come together to hit a perfect putt, but all are irrelevant if one is aiming incorrectly.  It is thought that over 80% of putting errors are due to aiming the putterface poorly.  With other sports where accurate aiming is important (shooting a gun, playing snooker, throwing a dart) one puts their eyes on the target line behind the projectile.  This is the best way to accurately gauge where the target is.  Aiming a putter to the target is like shooting a gun while looking at the barrel from the side and is therefore extremely difficult to get right. How can we solve this problem?? 

I made the mistake, of taking a brand new dozen of Bridgestones, and putting lines on them. Why would anyone in their right mind do that?  Take one ball line it, putt with it, and see if it helps or you like it. Not this cowboy, line them all. Then proceed to practice with it. I absolutely, unequivocally  hated it. Felt totally to uncomfortable, never got it on line, tried and tried to no avail. I don't have to tell the moral of this story, it's pretty clear. As, for the dozen of new Bridgestone, my 13 year old nephew seems to like them very much.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Since golf started players have been in search of the perfect putting stroke. They are constantly looking for new and advanced technology and more effective methods to improve their putting. There are many factors that have to come together to hit a perfect putt, but all are irrelevant if one is aiming incorrectly. It is thought that over 80% of putting errors are due to aiming the putterface poorly. With other sports where accurate aiming is important (shooting a gun, playing snooker, throwing a dart) one puts their eyes on the target line behind the projectile. This is the best way to accurately gauge where the target is. Aiming a putter to the target is like shooting a gun while looking at the barrel from the side and is therefore extremely difficult to get right. How can we solve this problem?? To read more check out https://www.smartgolf.biz/forum/smartgolf-methods/putt-like-shoot

Hmmm first post and a link to their website. A bit of self promotion?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Hmmm first post and a link to their website. A bit of self promotion?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Tony, you can go back to edit your post and remove the link from his post that you quoted as well.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'd seen this putter somewhere on the intertubes this past year. No interest.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived