Shankster

Brand(s) you’d like to see make a comeback...?

A few other threads have sparked an idea or triggered a memory so to speak. I remember working at the course as a kid, carrying everyone's bags from their cart to the clubhouse, or to a cart.

Many brands I remember seeing were:

1. Power Bilt

2. RAM

3. Dunlop

4. MaxFli

5. Jack Nicklaus

6. Spalding

To name a few.

Today we are blinded by the marketing of the Big Guns. You see, TM, Callaway, Titleist on every magazine.

I know with golf's decline these brands went by the way side or bought by another company.

But the three companies I would welcome back are Power Bilt, RAM, and Dunlop.

What's yours?

Here's a link to MGS golf brands list.

https://mygolfspy.com/list-of-golf-club-manufacturers/

• Like 2

MacGregor and it isn't even close.

Dang.... how did I forget about MacGregor!

• Like 1

I'd like to see Nickent, Macgreger, and Hopkins golf.

Nickent had good ideas on driver design, but hard to find, and a bit zany. Macgregor had pretty sweet blades and cavity irons. Still remember early on Aaron Badds, “Tell them your playing forged” “Macgregor”! Lastly Hopkins, fairways needed more options, and wedges needed less. Also was really unsure about their golf ball; more skepticism than solid performance.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'd like to see Nickent, Macgreger, and Hopkins golf.

Nickent had good ideas on driver design, but hard to find, and a bit zany. Macgregor had pretty sweet blades and cavity irons. Still remember early on Aaron Badds, “Tell them your playing forged” “Macgregor”! Lastly Hopkins, fairways needed more options, and wedges needed less. Also was really unsure about their golf ball; more skepticism than solid performance.

I was intrigued Hopkins and Scratch wedge offerings. I'd like to see both make a return so I can at least try them.

• Like 2

MacGregor is one for sure, and I would love to see Ben Hogan come back to prominence and not just existence.

Nicklaus had some good stuff too.

• Like 4

To be fair, MacGregor does still exist as a bargain UK brand, but that's a damn shame. I remember the woods, which were awesome, the forged irons were heavenly and the Bobby Grace putter partnership was sublime. Long live MacGregor

• Like 1

I bet not many of you remember First Flight irons?  They were the cat's meow back in the day.  At least at the little nine hole country hick course I started playing on.   You might as well bring back a sleeve of Club Special balls with em....  Good stuff!

• Like 3

I was intrigued Hopkins and Scratch wedge offerings. I'd like to see both make a return so I can at least try them.

Same here. Scratch always was well out of my price range, even with their specials, but heard great things.

• Like 4

I forgot about Orlimar and their TriMetals.

• Like 3

I bet not many of you remember First Flight irons? They were the cat's meow back in the day. At least at the little nine hole country hick course I started playing on. You might as well bring back a sleeve of Club Special balls with em.... Good stuff!

Can't say I ever saw those. First search had a set with Arnie's signature. You'd think an Arnie buff like myself would have known!

• Like 2

Can't say I ever saw those. First search had a set with Arnie's signature. You'd think an Arnie buff like myself would have known!

Yep they were  Arnie's endorsed irons and the Club Special balls were acushnet or Titleist brand. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing Spaulding make a comeback with the Tour Edition ball. Remember those? Only this time with a urethane cover.

• Like 2

Yep they were Arnie's endorsed irons and the Club Special balls were acushnet or Titleist brand.

These looks sweeeeeet.

• Like 4

I wouldn't mind seeing Spaulding make a comeback with the Tour Edition ball. Remember those? Only this time with a urethane cover.

These?

• Like 2

Macgregor. I'd like to see them come back as a smaller company focused on quality forged clubs. Ram were some awesome clubs back in the 70's and 80's.

Can't really think of a 3rd I'd bring back.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

I'd like to see Tommy Armours come back. I have a set of their Forged blades that felt almost as good as the early Mizunos.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

These looks sweeeeeet.

attachicon.gifIMG_2562.JPG

I started out playing golf with a  set of Wilson Blue Ridge Sam Snead clubs and my next set were First Flight.  That's been a few years ago  :D

• Like 2

Is it too early for Nike ???  :D

I have a soft spot for Maxfli, they were one of my first set of irons.

• Like 5