GolfSpy STUDque

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,338 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Handicap:10

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

4JoyWJ1.gif

With the true fit beta test underway, the forum testing is beginning for 2018 and will probably be off and running before we know it.

It's no secret here that the member tests are a big part of the community. Each open call gets hundreds or thousands of applicants and those announcements are always exciting days no matter the product or the lucky selections.

So brass tax, cards on the table.....based on all the sneak peeks and hints and rumors, what products or categories are you hoping to test this year and why?

I know the easy answer is "all of them!" but try to pretend like you only get to apply for one or two.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa

...which rides on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+:

:ping-small:  G30 LSTec: Tour AD-BB 65X

:cobra-small: King F7 3-4: Tensei Blue CK 70K

:cobra-small:  King F7 3-4: Fujikura Pro X
:taylormade-small: Tour Preferred MC 4-PW: KBS Tour S

:vokey-small:   252, 256, 260

dN0dD73.jpg  Tour Classic

#2 strokerAce

strokerAce

• Members

• 3,059 posts
  • LocationFRANKLIN, MA
  • Handicap:12

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

4JoyWJ1.gif

With the true fit beta test underway, the forum testing is beginning for 2018 and will probably be off and running before we know it.

It's no secret here that the member tests are a big part of the community. Each open call gets hundreds or thousands of applicants and those announcements are always exciting days no matter the product or the lucky selections.

So brass tax, cards on the table.....based on all the sneak peeks and hints and rumors, what products or categories are you hoping to test this year and why?

I know the easy answer is "all of them!" but try to pretend like you only get to apply for one or two.

Not sure if Arccos caddie is in the works but I'd love to try that out...

Sent from my Kindle fire using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small: King F7+ Elements Chrome 6F4  

:cobra-small:  King F7+ 4w Fujikara 65s

:titelist-small:  816 H1 21* hyb Diamana red 60s

TEE  CB Pro H 24* DI UST Mamiya Recoil 670s

:wilson-small:  FG Tour F5 5-G KBS Tour 90
:ping-small:  Glide 2 54/58* TT XP95

:cleveland-small:  Elevado TFI 2135 Satin CB

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 11.75

"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

#3 TSauer

TSauer

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,122 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

POPULAR

I’d love to try an Evnroll. None of the golf stores near me carry them, but I really want to putt with one.

In my Ogio Nimbus bag

Driver :cobra-small:  King F7+

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small:  XR 3W

Hybrid:  :nike-small:  Vapor Flex 4H

Irons:  :ping-small:  i200 (4-PW)

Wedges:  :callaway-small:  MD3 52/56/60

Putter:   :ping-small:  Sigma G Anser

#4 strokerAce

strokerAce

• Members

• 3,059 posts
  • LocationFRANKLIN, MA
  • Handicap:12

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

I’d love to try an Evnroll. None of the golf stores near me carry them, but I really want to putt with one.

Got that right!
I'll be saving my pennies up for one. Those things are straight cash, homie.

Sent from my Kindle fire using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small: King F7+ Elements Chrome 6F4  

:cobra-small:  King F7+ 4w Fujikara 65s

:titelist-small:  816 H1 21* hyb Diamana red 60s

TEE  CB Pro H 24* DI UST Mamiya Recoil 670s

:wilson-small:  FG Tour F5 5-G KBS Tour 90
:ping-small:  Glide 2 54/58* TT XP95

:cleveland-small:  Elevado TFI 2135 Satin CB

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 11.75

"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

#5 tommc23

tommc23

• Members

• 3,095 posts
  • LocationJim Thorpe, pa
  • Handicap:25

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:09 PM

I would like to test a hybrid or fairway wood something to fill the gap of my 3w and 4i

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#6 Shankster

Shankster

AGENT NAME: PHOENIX

• Members

• 8,074 posts
  • LocationAbove the 45th
  • Handicap:WX

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

I’d love to test these bad boys out.

[attachment=56645:IMG_2565.JPG]

#7 yungkory

yungkory

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,583 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, HI
  • Handicap:11

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

Balls because I like to try everything there is, and a Rogue SZ because I want to know what it would be like to game one. I've hit the Epic SZ at a fitting, but it's just not the same as gaming one. Obviously an mp-18 test would be a dream, but feels selfish to even apply since I was lucky to be chosen for the JPX 900 test - spread the opportunities around to the rest of the spies :). I'm pretty happy with my bag now, the driver and balls are just something that I like to experiment with.

edit: I just realized you didn't even answer your own question! What is ol' studque looking forward to?

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9* KuroKage Silver TiNi 60S
3w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S
3i: :mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi NS Pro Modus3 105 S
Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour NS Pro Modus3 105 S
Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy Forged 52.10, 56.10 & 60.08
Putter: Evnroll ER2 355g @ 33"
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

#8 revkev

revkev

AGENT NAME: CARLSBAD

• Members

• 10,776 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg FL
  • Handicap:6.0

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

I only apply for tests where I think that I might be a benefit for all involved.

There are a few things that I would apply for but right now it’s an honor to be testing the beta site.

That’s more than enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G30

SLDR 3HL (Up one)

SLDR S  22,26

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx   all number 8's with revkev logo

#9 MaxEntropy

MaxEntropy

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • LocationAkron, OH
  • Handicap:~15

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

Biggest need in my bag right now is irons, but I know what I want (or at least what I think I want). I'd like to test any driver that is properly fit for me or a hybrid to fill the gap from my 3h to 5 iron.

Kind of funny, my 4 iron used to be one of my best clubs, now I can barely hit it.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver: :adams-small: Speedline 10

3W: :callaway-small: Razr Fit

3H: :taylormade-small: RBZ

4-PW: doxbCqL.jpg TPS

AW: :mizuno-small: S5

SW: :cleveland-small: 588

LW: :callaway-small: MD3

Putter: :ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita

#10 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

• Members

• 3,851 posts
  • LocationW. Texas
  • Handicap:63

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:34 AM

POPULAR

I won't be applying to test anything. I liked they way MGS used to do it several years back when they would privately ask a member if they were interested in doing a test and review. But I get it... that method doesn't drive traffic or create instant members to the till. Mostly folks looking for a freebe IMO. That's fine. Free is good if you can get it. But there is a catch... you'd better be prepared to spend the time and effort. It's not all unicorns and rainbows. When I was asked and I accepted I had no clue really what was expected. I did my best but compared to more recent reviews mine was just so-so. My photos were not great either. Actually they were mediocre at best. The reviews I've seen in more recent years have been mostly very good to excellent IMO.

Another reason I don't apply for reviews is that I don't need any of the newest - latest-greatest equipment. In fact I'll be testing a "brand new" old 2015 model Cobra Fly-Z+ driver right here at home over the next few weeks or so. If it works out and makes my bag great. I hope it will. If not no biggie. I'll probably give it away and keep what I have. I'm also going to have some KZG irons (they look brand spanking new too) I bought back in April from Deejaid setup by my fitter and start testing them out too. These I think will make the cut and earn a spot in my bag.

So for those reasons I do not apply to test equipment. I've been there done that and quite frankly I wasn't as good at it some of you out there. I much rather just read the top notch reviews like I've seen from many of you guys in the past. I've enjoyed it.

My  :wilson_staff_small:  bag currently includes:    TWGT 771CSI 4i - PW and TWGT PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

TM SLDR 14° D, TWGT 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Edel Willimette w/SuperStroke Slim

#11 GolfSpy STUDque

GolfSpy STUDque

• Members

• 3,338 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Handicap:10

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

edit: I just realized you didn't even answer your own question! What is ol' studque looking forward to?

Me? Hmmmmm. Well I hardly put any thought towards the subject.
Since you asked......Wedges.

Not only are my current ones very old and worn, I've got a great practice complex at my course for <150y and I think I could really test the crap out of them on my lunch breaks. The Ping Glides really capture my attention but those CBX's seem to have surprised everyone so I think either of those would be a good fit.

Besides that, I think it would be cool to get down on a training aid. Not sure which one, would have to take a look at what they advertise when they come around.

Yes I agree that the reviews are a whole bunch of work, but that's part of the fun. It wouldn't be as gratifying if someone just sent you a club and said have fun. Then you've got 2000 words of your own thoughts to influence other readers debating a purchase. That exposure is worth something too.

I've been there done that and quite frankly I wasn't as good at it some of you out there. I much rather just read the top notch reviews like I've seen from many of you guys in the past. I've enjoyed it.

Well I can't hit the ball as well as DJ, but I still play golf. I enjoy your unique perspectives so I would probably also like reading one of your reviews if you had a change of heart.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa

...which rides on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+:

:ping-small:  G30 LSTec: Tour AD-BB 65X

:cobra-small: King F7 3-4: Tensei Blue CK 70K

:cobra-small:  King F7 3-4: Fujikura Pro X
:taylormade-small: Tour Preferred MC 4-PW: KBS Tour S

:vokey-small:   252, 256, 260

dN0dD73.jpg  Tour Classic

#12 JTexGolfer

JTexGolfer

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,065 posts
  • Handicap:0.9

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:59 AM

I'm hoping to get a chance to test a good utility iron/driving iron as it is a need for my bag and I know my distances well enough to see an immediate benefit or not.

That or putters. I love practicing putting, and there's always the hope that something out there is better for me, and now that I know my fitting specs I might be able to pick out a good one.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

#13 cksurfdude

cksurfdude

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,470 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Handicap:me.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:02 AM

Yeah, agree on the wedges.

But what I'd like to be able to do is test...
1. different styles of wedges - eg. CBX vs "traditional" - head to head;
and...
(for a chosen wedge style/head, I guess)
2. steel vs graphite shaft in the (chosen) wedges

Would moving to a CB-type wedge with a graphite shaft help me?
(assuming, of course, that I am going to do lots and lots of short game and wedge practice this season!)

WITB^ of a right-handed 62 y.o. "aspiring" ;) player ...

Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (Kuro Kage Silver TiNi)

Callaway XR16 4W (Recoil ES 450)

Callaway XR 3H and 4H (Project X SD)

Callaway Apex CF16 5i-PW (Recoil ES 760)

Callaway MD3 50-10/S.. 54-10/S .. 58-11/W (Cally Tour M75i graphite)

Machine M2A Converter w/widebody flange

...all in a Datrek DG Lite II bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

^ currently ... subject to change at any time!

#14 Rickp

Rickp

AGENT NAME: FT.WORTH

• Members

• 4,728 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Handicap:15

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:05 AM

I won't be applying to test anything. I liked they way MGS used to do it several years back when they would privately ask a member if they were interested in doing a test and review. But I get it... that method doesn't drive traffic or create instant members to the till. Mostly folks looking for a freebe IMO. That's fine. Free is good if you can get it. But there is a catch... you'd better be prepared to spend the time and effort. It's not all unicorns and rainbows. When I was asked and I accepted I had no clue really what was expected. I did my best but compared to more recent reviews mine was just so-so. My photos were not great either. Actually they were mediocre at best. The reviews I've seen in more recent years have been mostly very good to excellent IMO.

Another reason I don't apply for reviews is that I don't need any of the newest - latest-greatest equipment. In fact I'll be testing a "brand new" old 2015 model Cobra Fly-Z+ driver right here at home over the next few weeks or so. If it works out and makes my bag great. I hope it will. If not no biggie. I'll probably give it away and keep what I have. I'm also going to have some KZG irons (they look brand spanking new too) I bought back in April from Deejad* setup by my fitter and start testing them out too. These I think will make the cut and earn a spot in my bag.

So for those reasons I do not apply to test equipment. I've been there done that and quite frankly I wasn't as good at it some of you out there. I much rather just read the top notch reviews like I've seen from many of you guys in the past. I've enjoyed it.

I like your style

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand

Driver; Ping G

4 Hybrid; Tour Edge

Irons; Ping G400 4-GW

Wedges; 52*, 55* Cleveland CG15

Putter; Waaay too many to list

#15 deejaid

deejaid

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,050 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:15 AM

. I'm also going to have some KZG irons (they look brand spanking new too) I bought back in April from Deejad* setup by my fitter and start testing them out too. These I think will make the cut and earn a spot in my bag.

I can’t wait to hear what you think of them. I just finished up the assembly of my latest set of KZG cavity backs mated to KBS C-Taper Lites yesterday. Hope to get out for a round with them next week.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
WITB:
Driver- Macgregor Nicklaus M09T
Fairway Wood- Macgregor Nicklaus Muirfield 4-wood
Irons- :benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 23*- 43*  (4-9) KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges-  :benhogan-small: TK15  47*, 51*, 55*, 59*, 63* KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Putter- Founders Club Tour Tuned FClll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      15 Aug
    Markelly82

Getting prepped for my annual friends golf outing in Muncie, IN. I haven't played in about 3 weeks so a little nervous. Headed to the range this evening.

• Photo
      14 Aug
    Waazzupppp

Really looking forward to hitting Gearhart Golf Links near Seaside, OR again in a few weeks. Had so much fun the first time there 2 years ago and can't wait to test myself from the Stones again!

View All Updates

Our Sponsors