TESTERS WANTED! ×

What are you hoping to test this year?

STUDque

Having done tests in the past I personally enjoyed reading the team reviews. Those being people together and you get amazing reviews and it's a lot of fun to read. So I don't know if there is a product I want to see tested but more I want to see more team style reviews like the Cobra connect from last season.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

+Whatever number we're on

That Cobra challenge was a lot of fun for the whole forum. The participants talked a smack load of smack and there was high energy for the 4 weeks it ran plus a week or two before and after. It really was the event of the summer. I think it was great because it was just drivers so very simple to set rules and the prizes were other worldly.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an ER5 that I'm looking to get rid of. Love it, but the MLA has been magic for me. Thinking around $225. Was refinished at continental golf in Raleigh.

I'm saving up my golf funds for now, plus I'm a lefty haha. I have an MLA as well that is most likely going back in the bag this season.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

For me I want to test the Rogue Fairway or hybrid. The Epic has been awesome. If the jailbreak works as well in the Woods could be interesting.

The M4 also has me intrigued, as well as the p790s.

I'm not sure you'll see Callaway or TM. Remember they aren't participating in Most Wanted so MGS is forking out their own money to make sure they're included in the results.

It would really surprise me to see to see a forum test for either company this year.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm not sure you'll see Callaway or TM. Remember they aren't participating in Most Wanted so MGS is forking out their own money to make sure they're included in the results.

It would really surprise me to see to see a forum test for either company this year.

Maybe not in a forum review, but I will be testing them out once the local shop gets the fitting cart updated with the heads and shafts. I can't see myself replacing the Epic this year. Have a HC even flow in it and works great. The Epic Fairway is solid but the jail break tech has me thinking about swapping out.

I have already hit the new stuff I was interested in and only popped on the new Callaway MBs. Was not a fan of any of the Rogue line or the M3/M4 stuff.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Ready for the weirdest request so far? Skechers golf shoes. I don't need new sticks, or anything (however, if Cobra is sending One Length hybrids to test, I could use the 19* hint hint). But I want to put on some Skechers and put them to the test.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Not sure if Arccos caddie is in the works but I'd love to try that out...

Sent from my Kindle fire using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Would be cool I got to demo it at the first release anc it was pretty cool to see an analytical breakdown of play. Helped make club selections a bit easier kind of awesome.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I'd like to see more unofficial reviews. They really add to the volume of information, and it's great to see people putting in an effort for everyone else's benefit, without the added incentive of a "freebie".

Not sure when my new Hogan wedges will be put into play, but I'll add my thoughts to Revkevs thread. If it wasn't for MGS I wouldn't have even heard of Scor or the new Ben Hogan brand.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Ready for the weirdest request so far? Skechers golf shoes. I don't need new sticks, or anything (however, if Cobra is sending One Length hybrids to test, I could use the 19* hint hint). But I want to put on some Skechers and put them to the test.

Got some of the Most Wanted for Christmas and will be taking them for a whirl next month in Florida.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm interested in Ping products and especially the G400 Max stuff.  Hybrids of any kind would be fun to test as I've bagged my old Cally Razr X for several years now. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

The Arccos, The Cleveland CBX Wedges and the new Ping G400 Max

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I'm hoping to have some new irons to either put up a review or add to the Mizuno JPX900 thread as that's what I'm leaning towards at the moment. A review of the MP18 family would be great to see.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I'm interested in Ping products and especially the G400 Max stuff. Hybrids of any kind would be fun to test as I've bagged my old Cally Razr X for several years now.

The Titleist 816 H1 if you can find them used would be the perfect compliment to your AP1 irons.

I was never good with hybrids until I tried thd 816. It was like magic from the first swing. And they are going into the 3rd season in my bag.

So knowing me, that's saying something

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The Titleist 816 H1 if you can find them used would be the perfect compliment to your AP1 irons.

I was never good with hybrids until I tried thd 816. It was like magic from the first swing. And they are going into the 3rd season in my bag.

So knowing me, that's saying something

Yea I need to bird dog one of them H1 hybrids and get er a twirl.  I've never gamed a Titleist hybrid and I'm not sure why unless the sticker shock ran me off.  

Cleveland

Yea I need to bird dog one of them H1 hybrids and get er a twirl. I've never gamed a Titleist hybrid and I'm not sure why unless the sticker shock ran me off.

I have the 816 h1 in my bag and it is a great club. I bought a used one at 3balls.com for a good price and they generally have codes for more discounts. I would also look at the 816 h2. When is was doing most wanted testing last year I think the h2 might have been a little easier to hit. I think the thing about the 816 is that they don't feel head heavy and have good balance.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have the 816 h1 in my bag and it is a great club. I bought a used one at 3balls.com for a good price and they generally have codes for more discounts. I would also look at the 816 h2. When is was doing most wanted testing last year I think the h2 might have been a little easier to hit. I think the thing about the 816 is that they don't feel head heavy and have good balance.

Are those things adjustable where you can up or lower the loft?  How about open or closed?

Cleveland

Are those things adjustable where you can up or lower the loft? How about open or closed?

Yep the 816s have the titleist sure fit hosel. You can adjust loft and face. I play my 19* at 18*.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm hoping to get a chance to test a good utility iron/driving iron as it is a need for my bag and I know my distances well enough to see an immediate benefit or not.

That or putters. I love practicing putting, and there's always the hope that something out there is better for me, and now that I know my fitting specs I might be able to pick out a good one.

I can really see this as being the "year of the driving/utility iron"....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Having done tests in the past I personally enjoyed reading the team reviews. Those being people together and you get amazing reviews and it's a lot of fun to read. So I don't know if there is a product I want to see tested but more I want to see more team style reviews like the Cobra connect from last season.

I agree!  Being on "team Lexi" was a lot of fun.  There were a few things I'd do differently but I thought it was a good change to the standard product reviews.  Hopefully there will be a few more going forward.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Yep the 816s have the titleist sure fit hosel. You can adjust loft and face. I play my 19* at 18*.

Ok so now you have my attention and once I finally get over to Club Champion in Atlanta, I will give it a go. 

There is post number 5000 for Mr. OG.

Thanks cuz!

Cleveland

I can really see this as being the "year of the driving/utility iron"....

I haven't done a lot of research but don't understand driving irons. I am guessing it is a really low lofted iron that has a really low cog to help off the tee? Not sure how it really differs from a hybrid off the tee except maybe for feel. I personally love hitting my hybrid off the tee on shorter par 4s and as I mentioned don't understand the theory behind driving irons.

I haven't done a lot of research but don't understand driving irons. I am guessing it is a really low lofted iron that has a really low cog to help off the tee? Not sure how it really differs from a hybrid off the tee except maybe for feel. I personally love hitting my hybrid off the tee on shorter par 4s and as I mentioned don't understand the theory behind driving irons.

Myself and a few others on here have mentioned that we have issues hitting rope hooks from turning over too quickly. Personally ever since I got my Cobra DI to replace my 3h, I won't be going back to hybrids. Unless I'm unable to find a 5 in which case I'll be breaking out the lead tape

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Myself and a few others on here have mentioned that we have issues hitting rope hooks from turning over too quickly. Personally ever since I got my Cobra DI to replace my 3h, I won't be going back to hybrids. Unless I'm unable to find a 5 in which case I'll be breaking out the lead tape

Cobra driving iron helps tone down the rope hooks!? I might need to look at one of those although my swing speed would be a deterrent.

Cleveland

Thanks. I am familiar with the draw/hook bias of hybrids as I experienced that as I was doing my search. I guess driving iron sounded too limiting and I never gave them a chance. Fortunately for me I found a hybrid that works well for me.

There is post number 5000 for Mr. OG.

tenor.gif?itemid=7965371

Congrats on 5k Bro

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*